PDA

View Full Version : KEYED in Brooklyn!

Panther_Black_VX
02/03/2003, 09:28 AM
I noticed it this morning. Someone had keyed the whole passenger side of my VX, even across the 3.5 decal. Ironically, when someone posted their cladding keyed story sometime ago in Club.Vmag:

http://club.vmag.com/ubb/Forum39/HTML/002413.html

I added my post saying:
"That really sucks! ..... I'm from NYC. That has always been my fear about my beloved big apple. Stuff like that.."

Sad that I am proven correct. What makes people do things like that? What could possibly be the motive to key a car or someone you don't know? What?! It is so senseless it is unreal.

It is not to deep and I am going to try and see if I can get the scratches out myself. It just really pisses me off.

Triathlete
02/03/2003, 10:23 AM
JELOUSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :mady: Kinda makes me sick just thinking about it!;puke:

TDAWG
02/03/2003, 10:39 AM
I know exactly how you feel!!!!!!!!:mady2: Before I got rid of my 94 AMIGO to get my VX It was Keyed. It sucks when you put BLOOD/SWEAT/TEARS and REAL HARD work into something and along comes sombody who is either JEALOUS or ENVIOUS of what you got and mess it up for no reason.Hopefully you can get it out with a little work.

BklynVx
02/03/2003, 12:58 PM
Where in brooklyn did ur vx get keyed?...man that suxs ..thats like the grimiest thing someone can do..hope all goes well

Dave

Panther_Black_VX
02/03/2003, 01:35 PM
I just can't understand it. What type of jealousy causese someone to put their hand in their pocket, take out their keys and run it along the side of a car that is not theirs??! Unreal.

Happened at the in-laws on the corner of Newkirk and New York Aves in flatbush. Oh well, what can you do?

Navigator
02/04/2003, 07:39 AM
It falls into that category of things people would NEVER do in you eyesight. I walked up on a group of coworkers rubbng their hands on my cladding once, about 4 guys, they got all flusterd and afraid when I chirped the alarm, yet were bold enough to touch it when they though nobody was looking. They didn't damage anything, and they apologized, but by their reaction I knew they knew it was wrong.

What you have Panther is a simple case of vandalism, file a police report, then file an isurance claim. No fault on your part, so no increase in premiums should arise, that is unless vandalism is an ongoing problem in your area, then you and your neighbors get blanket increases, but don't sweat that.

My VX got hit by a brick last summer in the passenger side front fender cladding. It was a hot summer day with kids on a bridge with nothing better to do than throw bricks at passing cars. A year ago a person was killed when a brick tossed from a bridge crashed thru a windshield, the perp, a 12 year old kid, was eventually caught and charged with manslaughter. To make a long story short, in my case I was lucky, only my cladding got grazed by the brick and left a small scar, and the damage was below my $250 comprehensive insurance deductable. My point here is that even after a life was taken and a kid put in jail for this stunt, it continued, people still do stupid things. Some of these punks don't value their own life/future let alone your life or property, so by all means keep a watchfull eye and your insurance paid up.

Panther_Black_VX
02/04/2003, 09:43 AM
Nav, I remember that happening to our car when I was a kid. We lived in the NE area for about 3 years (Northboro MA) and one day when my parents were driving, a rock smashed right into our windshield.

It didn't break through but busted it pretty good. I was sitting in the back seat and remember hearing my father and mother yell, when it hit, then swerve. The vandals were on a bridge we were driving under. My dad pulled over and gave chase, but didn't catch anyone (between you and me I don't think he was trying real hard, since it was my mom that really pushed to to give chase. :argue: I think SHE would have caught someone... :p )

Yin and Yang. There are great people as well as a-holes born everyday.