PDA

View Full Version : Major Service - DANGEROUS if you bring your wife

Yefim
08/16/2004, 03:56 PM
Lesson learned - don't bring your wife when you pick up your car!! :D

My wife drove me to pick up my VX after the major service... and ended up driving away in an Infiniti FX35!! So now my silver VX has another silver friend to share the garage with.

I love my VX... but that thing is SWEEEEEEEET!!! After I test drove it, could not resist: 280 horses, DVD based GPS system, DVD player/LCD TV with wireless headsets, 11 speakers Bose system, rear backup camera, 20 inch alloy wheels with sports tires, intelligent key (car senses when you are close by), intelligent cruise control (automaticaly keeps the set distance with the car in front), HID, all leather, sunroof...etc...etc.... AWESOME vehicle. Yea, I know... no off-road capabilities but I am not crazy about it anyways.

VX is certainly a unique vehicle and I love it... but I *almost* had a change of heart ;eekr;

Anita
08/16/2004, 04:02 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

the only other car my eyes follow in the crowd....

Joe_Black
08/16/2004, 04:31 PM
Not a bad looking ride, especially since you can see at least 20 - 30 a day on any given road.

Jolly Roger VX'er
08/16/2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Joe_Black
Not a bad looking ride, especially since you can see at least 20 - 30 a day on any given road.

actually in my neck of the woods they are less plentiful than VX's....so far I've only seen "1" Infinity FX45, "0" FX35, "4" VX's counting mine!

Erie, PA has seen 1 Ebony, 2 White IronMan's (counting mine), 1 Astral (for sale on lot in Edinboro "Bizarro's Auto")

I suspect this is because there are no Infinity Dealers close to Erie, PA; yet there is an Isuzu dealer here...although time will tell if it remains!

Joe_Black
08/17/2004, 05:18 AM
They breed those things around here! Hummer H2's too, so hopefully no one will leave their H2 overnight in the garage with an FX35, I'd hate to see the outcome!;eekg;

transio
08/17/2004, 06:39 AM
Miami... every DAY, I see:

5-10 FX*5s
10-20 H2s
3-5 Cayennes
0 VX's

In fact, since I've had my VX, I have yet to see another one.

Another interesting fact is that at a stoplight, the VX gets more attention than any of the above SUVs. Often times, guys in their H2s and Cayennes will follow me trying to figure out what I'm driving. VX envy. :D

Cyrk
08/17/2004, 07:13 AM
Sweet LOVE the FX's... test drove some a while ago... Congrats and enjoy it.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/39vx_fx35.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/39vx_fx35_back.jpg

transio
08/17/2004, 07:37 AM
I love the FX, too. I don't like the stupid balls on the grill, but other than that the front end rocks. I like the rear end of the VX better, but the FX is nice from behind, too. And the interior is to die for! How cool would it be to put an FX dash on the VX? :D

Vasha13
08/17/2004, 12:16 PM
Too funny! That's exactly how I wound up with my VX. I went with my husband when he was picking up his car!

StormTROOPER
08/17/2004, 02:22 PM
Too bad we can't cross breed these two, then we would have the ultimate suv drivin machine.:cool:

Yefim
08/17/2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by StormTROOPER
Too bad we can't cross breed these two, then we would have the ultimate suv drivin machine.:cool:

Ohhhh.... that's an AWESOME idea!! :)

Thanks everyone. My wife is definitely enjoying the new ride. I try to take it for a drive once in a while as well. Very happy with the purchase. Yes it is true that you can see them much more often then VX but I don't mind - you still get the attention, but either way I don't care... as long as you love to drive your vehicle, does it really matter how much attention it gets?? :rolleyes: It's a sweet ride and if I wouldn't have my VX I would probably get an FX for me as well... would try to get the 45 model though - 4.5L V8... 315 horses.... SWEET :D