What do you guys think of this deal ?

http://www.meineke.com/promos/summer_exhaust/350performance.asp

Maugan_VX
08/13/2004, 01:45 PM
catalytic converter not included.

also, it'd be tough to squeeze dual exhaust under a VX

Dallas4u
08/13/2004, 02:12 PM
Tough, definitely, but it can (and has) been done... by a few others actually.

Do a search if you are interested.

BigJoe
08/13/2004, 02:13 PM
It only includes one muffler......

lenny
08/13/2004, 02:43 PM
hi all

i put duals on mine so yes it can be done

transio
08/13/2004, 03:21 PM
I did a lot of research on this prior to doing mine. You can get 2 mufflers under there without too mcuh problem. If you look at the size of the stock muffler, it's HUGE. Just cut the pipe back at the cats and you're fine. 2 PVs are about the same size as one stock muffler. Then snake your pipes back to the sides of the gas tank and you're set. OR, alternatively, you can get a Flowmaster 50 series or equivalent - one in, 2 out. That's what I did. I've got ~2.5" in, dual ~2" out. It's cheaper and easier to install, although the power gains and exhaust note likely won't be as great as a true dual system.

As for the original question: $350 for a dual system isn't a GREAT price, but it's decent. It really depends on the muffler that they're gonna put in. For a FlowMaster dual setup, it's about average. You could probably go down to a local garage and have them do the same job for $250 - 300 though.

transio
08/13/2004, 03:23 PM
PS - I had a great idea regarding the tips on my exhaust. When I have some time, I'm gonna rework the way they work with the backend of my VX. I'll update you guys when I have more! :D