PDA

View Full Version : New audio upgrade

VXtreme
08/13/2004, 07:48 AM
While the site was down, I was pretty busy upgrading the audio system in my VX. I just installed a Panasonic CQ-C8300U head unit, 2 - JL Audio VR-600-csi component speakers in the front, 2 - JL Audio VR-650-cxi coaxial speakers in the rear, a JL Audio 10W04 sub mounted in the rear door, and a JL Audio E6450 six channel amp to power it all. Rather then having the amp located behind a panel, (too hard to access easily) I had a false floor made for the cargo area. It is carpeted and a perfect fit to all the contours of rear cargo area. Looks factory and it can totally hide the amp if the rear cargo area mat is placed over the false floor. I left the space open on top of the amp to allow for cooling. The enclosure for the sub is fiberglass. I had a mold made of the inside of the wheel on the spare tire and the entire enclosure locks onto the spokes of the wheel. To remove it you only have to turn the encloser 1/4 turn and unplug the leads. Now you have total access to your spare in just a matter of seconds. The system is AWESOME!!! The sound is fantastic!! I will get my camera out and take pictures of the system as well as the trick sub enclosure. I also will include pictures of the custom cold air intake I had made for supercharger.

morgan-tec
08/14/2004, 12:40 AM
Pics man , i would like to see this install please.;Dr;