PDA

View Full Version : CD Changer Mystery ???????

Hanalei
08/13/2004, 05:45 AM
Just an update about my cd changer problem. Was getting the ERR3 code and my CDs were hopelessly stuck in the changer. I went through the steps regarding disconnecting the negative battery cable, press the eject button 50 times, etc. but to no avail. All I got from that was a blaring alarm that scared the hell out of me. Two weeks later, I get in my VX, start her up and she starts spitting out my CDs, one at a time, till I had them all back.

Now I'm curious so I press the "disc" button and it says "no cd" so I popped one in and it plays beautifully. What the hell happened? I've been using the player but only one CD at a time and when I'm done, I eject it...not taking any more chances. Go figure.

nyc #1 ironman
08/13/2004, 06:06 AM
Wowwwwwwwww, consider yourself smart, andddd lucky. Most of us never even get our CD's back, and if you do intend on keeping the stock changer I would strongly advise 1 CD at a time as you are doing now because unfortunately the stock changer has proven way beyond a reasonable doubt that it is extremely unreliable...

Proton_Thang
08/13/2004, 01:17 PM
I know what you're talking about. I was getting the same error code, so I took apart the dash to get to the CD changer. I found that some of the wires had become disconnected, so i twisted them back in. Then I shook the changer a little, and I heard the CD start playing. It was very strange. May be if you took your CD changer out, and looked for anything like that, it'd solve your problem. My changer is working great now, and I keep six CDs in all the time. I hope that this helps!

thedutchguy
08/13/2004, 02:33 PM
rip out that 6 cd changer and replace it with a dvd player and fm modulator.
Pop in a dvd with aprox 80 albums mp3's and you'll forget all about that lousy standard cd changer.(altough the sound was good)
1 DIN dvd player now costs about 150 dollars, so why not?

Eckstream
08/16/2004, 04:34 PM
Had the same problem.... Mine would start to eject cd's but they would get stuck.... Lost 5 cd's in mine. Took it to the dealer and they sent it out to get my cd's out.... On way home from dealer minus the changer I flip on my FM radio and its all static! Get home and pull apart my dash and VIOLA! They forgot to plug in my antenna.... Called and cursed out the service manager the next day about the inconvienence.... 2 weeks later Im still waiting for a changer and my cd's... Needless to say Ive since filled in the holes with a Nav system

Reg Hinnant
08/16/2004, 04:54 PM
After the 3rd EER3 code I took the darn CD changer apart.
It has thin white plastic gears that shift the 6 disk holder up & down. When these gears get worn out the disk holder jams in a binding position. Some are lucky to have the changer get jolted back into correct position but once those gears get worn/damaged it will bind again.
I gave up and found a Pioneer 6 changer that fit in the same spot but also had to change out the head unit to be compatible.

Maugan_VX
08/16/2004, 06:10 PM
Not my changer, but here ya go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39747&item=5714483094&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Nerfzooka
08/17/2004, 04:37 PM
Oh No!
Last Night we went to opening night of "We Will Rock You" then purchased the Queen Platinum CD set and listened to it on the way home. The brand new CD got stuck topping off a delighful evening with a hint of dismay.

Luckily I have Vehicross.info and found several strategies for dislodging the CD.

Here's what worked for us:

While the engine is off, key out, one person holds down the eject button, the other bangs on the side of the CD player, and both yell the magic words...

:smack: GIVE ME BACK MY CD! :smack:

Thanks for the insights, everyone!

Hanalei
08/19/2004, 09:24 AM
Nerf, you crack me up !!!!!

Anita
08/19/2004, 09:32 AM
Many of us can attest and yes, there is documented proof on the Big Bang Theory... ;Dr;