PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Fangs

Bantan
08/12/2004, 10:52 PM
Well I finally got my fangs back, chromed.
Whats the verdict?
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/225misc_1134.jpg

SPAZZ
08/12/2004, 11:16 PM
that looks bling blingish...I would do that to mine, but I would have to remove the VX emblem and have it also chromed

Leah
08/13/2004, 12:23 AM
I like it. The factory ones are hard to keep clean. Bugs seem to stick to them more so than other surfaces. Maybe the chrome would stay cleaner or be easier to clean? At any rate, they certainly stand out more. I'd like to see a front picture taken at a distance so that the whole truck is in the picture. That way I could have a better perspective. Do you have any photos like that?

How much did this cost you? If you don't mind the question.

WyrreJ
08/13/2004, 01:29 AM
It would look better if they had only chromed the exposed aluminum and left the parts that are painted(?) black as black. As it is they are a little less fang-like since the rounded edges are gone.

thedutchguy
08/13/2004, 02:26 AM
I don't have any fangs on my gril.
Where can I get them?

Joe_Black
08/13/2004, 07:43 AM
If you restore the blackened area they'd rock!

Cyrk
08/13/2004, 08:02 AM
Looks HOT... let see some other angles of them...

Dallas4u
08/13/2004, 08:24 AM
Pretty shiney... but I agree, if they had just chromed the aluminum part of the fang it would stand out more as TEETH!

Bantan
08/13/2004, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. I agree I told the chromers to only chrome the alluminum part but its seems something got lost in translation. It cost me $100 smackaroos, as thats their minimum order, so I got my wings chromed as well. Will post more pics of the fangs and the wings when I get settled in after my move to florida on Tuesday.

Maugan_VX
08/13/2004, 01:51 PM
looks like rice.

omegavx
08/13/2004, 03:56 PM
Hey Bantan, where did you get it done? A local shop or did you find them online?

Raque Thomas
08/13/2004, 04:05 PM
Bantan - looks good, I've been wanting to do that myself! They pretty much had to chrome it all, but my plan was to use black vinyl & and exacto knife to restore the black areas and keep the fang look to it. Looks good - can't wait to see other shots!

azskyrider
08/13/2004, 09:16 PM
Never saw someone put chrome strip for the edge of the hood. I think the fangs would look nice with out that trim on the hood edge.

Nice anyway.

Bantan
08/13/2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by omegavx
Hey Bantan, where did you get it done? A local shop or did you find them online?
Got it done at a local shop in Queens, recomended by John C (Hotsauce)

Bantan
08/13/2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by azskyrider
Never saw someone put chrome strip for the edge of the hood. I think the fangs would look nice with out that trim on the hood edge.

Nice anyway.

Oops, did not get a chance to remove the strip before I put the Fangs on, excitment and all!
Also need to put the black chicken wire grill insert on. Still a work in progress

alleycat
02/22/2005, 03:53 PM
Hey Bantan;
I would like some info on the chrome grill fangs yu talk about.Did yu use old grill fangs?How do they come off? How much did the plater charge yu to chrome the grill fangs. Would yu mind giving me his name and address so I might ship mine to him? Thanks
ed

Bantan
02/23/2005, 09:18 PM
Hey Bantan;
I would like some info on the chrome grill fangs yu talk about.Did yu use old grill fangs?How do they come off? How much did the plater charge yu to chrome the grill fangs. Would yu mind giving me his name and address so I might ship mine to him? Thanks
ed

Yes, I did use the original fangs, they clip on in the back of the grill.
The shop has a $100 minimum so my suggestion is to get together with another owner and split the costs (they will do 2 sets for $100)
It takes about 3 weeks depending on how busy they are. Unfortunately I can't find their # I think the are called "High grade plating" located in Queens NY. I found out about them through "Hotsauce" another VX owner on this site.
Hope this helps,
Mercer

StormTROOPER
02/24/2005, 10:49 AM
Looks real sharp, gotta do that to mine. :cool: Chrome is a difficult surface to get paint to adhear to, be sure to use an industrial "WASH PRIMER" before flat black. It's a yellowish-green primer that's mixed with more thinner than paint (hence wash) and it will adhear to any metal.

alleycat
02/24/2005, 03:18 PM
Hey Bantan;
Like your chrome fangs. Could yu tell me where yu got those small lites in lower airvents holes of front bumper? Thanks.

mrtew
02/24/2005, 07:21 PM
It cost me $100 smackaroos, as thats their minimum order, so I got my wings chromed as well.
Uh, I am a car designer and I don't even know what wings are. Whatcha talkin bout Willis? In Europe they call the front fenders wings, but I'm pretty sure you didn't have those chromed! Now that would be bling!

Oops, did not get a chance to remove the strip before I put the Fangs on, excitment and all!
Yep, that chrome strip is pretty scary! Looks like you forgot to slam the hood too!

Raque Thomas
02/24/2005, 07:50 PM
Bantan - did you paint your grille?? It doesn't look standard issue flat black - it looks like you painted it with a gloss black paint - yes or no?? Also - nobody else here noticed, but I like those bling bling lights you substituted for the cladding bolts on either side of the grille - what color did you go with??

Bantan
03/18/2005, 04:15 PM
Bantan - did you paint your grille?? It doesn't look standard issue flat black - it looks like you painted it with a gloss black paint - yes or no?? Also - nobody else here noticed, but I like those bling bling lights you substituted for the cladding bolts on either side of the grille - what color did you go with??

Yes, I did paint my grill gloss black to match the VX. The lights were red led license plate bolt lights.