PDA

View Full Version : Dyno-Mat question....

jayfotos
08/12/2004, 09:45 PM
I'm all nutty now, I was about to burst....needed my .info fixes!

When I put in my SC I took out my hood liner(rubbing on SC nose), I've seen a few guys cut out a hole in that liner and I'm not so sure I wanted to do that....it's old, dusty and I threw it out.

Well, I was thinking is there anyway to put Dyno-mat under the hood replacing the old liner? I've seen that it's sticky on one side, but will it hold up?

dstruction
08/13/2004, 12:37 AM
i think it will stay. I have the whole interior lined. I have no carpet so it gets walked on and such, and it still hasent started to peel. Just clean the under side of the hood realy well, and use a good roler to press matting down good. i think it would work

WyrreJ
08/13/2004, 01:27 AM
A while back there was a website posted selling stuff like brown bread and dynamat. They have a hoodliner product too. Sorry I don't remember the site, but I bet searching for brown bread will bring up the thread with it in it.

The problem with using regular dynamat is the heat, the stuff is somewhat like tar and so will loosen up at higher temps. Besides the hoodliner referenced above, I *think* that dynamat does have a high-temp version of their stuff.

kpaske
08/13/2004, 05:31 AM
The product you are talking about is the Hliner from B-Quiet (the same people who make Brown Bread). I have it - it's a good product, and it's easy to install. You just cut it to the right shape and use your original plastic plugs to attach it to the underside of the hood. It might be a little tricky to get it just right if you've already discarded your original liner though. The only catch is, I believe it's actually a bit thicker than the original, so I'm not sure it will solve your SC clearance issue without cutting a hole in the middle.

http://www.b-quiet.com/hliner.html

Tone
08/13/2004, 06:57 AM
Dynamat and several other companies sell hi temp sound insulation that is around an 1/8" thick and designed to work under the hood (or on underside of the roof).

dkmiller68
01/18/2005, 04:04 PM
By adding the reflective hood liner, heat is reflected back down...is there any concern that this would be bad for the engine? Cooler is better, right?

Baxman
01/18/2005, 06:47 PM
I had to cut two holes in the hood insulation to accomodate the S/C. I used patches of Dynamat Xtreme overlapping the holes to keep the insulating liner from sagging. Has worked like a charm for 2+years.