PDA

View Full Version : Trooper Cup Holder

Nazrat
08/12/2004, 09:23 AM
I tried the cup holder from my Trooper in the VX, and it fits just fine. The color is almost exactly the same as the carpet, despite what the photo looks like. Isuzu may even offer one in black, but since I never have anyone in the back seat, and it can't be seen from the front seat, this one will suit me just fine.

To install it, you just remove the ashtray, and screw this cup holder on in its place.

Closed:
http://tad.grosvenor.org/gallery/VXMods/CIMG1020

Open:
http://tad.grosvenor.org/gallery/VXMods/CIMG1021

If you are eating fast food, it isn't the most conveinent spot for a cup holder, but I more just want a place to put a bottle of water so that it won't roll around on the floor. It is easily reachable however.

-Tad

UtahVXer
08/12/2004, 09:41 AM
Can you post the part #? Thanks.

Cyrk
08/12/2004, 09:44 AM
Very cool... yes please post the part #.
-Dave

Nazrat
08/12/2004, 09:47 AM
You guys are killing me, now I have to take it out again ;)

I'll try to tonight, (rain is expected) but I was able to order it from St. Charles by just asking for a 98-02 cup holder for the rear seat.

-Tad

Cyrk
08/12/2004, 12:51 PM
Cool just ordered it from St. Charles...

part# 2-90002-832-0 - $24.94

Thanks Tad!

-Dave

Nazrat
08/12/2004, 12:59 PM
Did they have it in black?

-Tad

Cyrk
08/12/2004, 01:10 PM
nope... I think I'll just buy some black matte spray paint and hit it.

Joe_Black
08/12/2004, 03:13 PM
Cool! Thanks Tad! For changing the color Eastwoods and other auto-resto places have special paints/dyes for changing automotive plastic trim colors.

Maugan_VX
08/14/2004, 08:42 PM
use plastic dye to recolor it. It'll look stock and wont chip, fade, peel or crack.

technocoy
08/14/2004, 10:12 PM
i used some of this stuff in my old amigo and it rocks... if i can find the link where i got mine, i'll post it.

technocoy

Nazrat
08/15/2004, 08:03 AM
One update: The arm rest will touch the top of the cup holder, if the cup holder is closed. It stops the arm rest from opening the last 1/2" to 1/4" which for me is just fine, I can leave the cup holder open, or live with the lack of 1/2" of lid opening, but others might object.

-Tad

Otto
08/15/2004, 02:56 PM
I spoke to St. Charles and they do have it in black. I did'nt get the part number, but when it arrives I will post it.

Nazrat
08/16/2004, 06:26 PM
Well, to throw something else out there, here is a pic of the 98+ Rodeo cup holders:

http://tad.grosvenor.org/gallery/VXMods/rodeo_cup_holder

I'm not sure that it would fit without trimming though, and the angle is probably wrong too, but it is an option if someone wants to play.

-Tad

chumone
09/02/2004, 11:34 AM
You guys actually have passengers in the back? or is the idea to reach back for *your* cup?

Nazrat
09/02/2004, 12:11 PM
It really isn't much of a reach, and yes it is for me. Her drink goes in the center holder, and mine goes in the back. ;Db;

-Tad

Otto
09/06/2004, 06:48 AM
I received the black cup holder and it was the wrong part. I spoke to St. Charles again and they sent me the right part(dark grey only), Sorry about the confusion

wekilled
08/16/2010, 10:50 PM
I spoke to St. Charles and they do have it in black. I did'nt get the part number, but when it arrives I will post it.

Did you ever get the part number for the black trooper cupholder?

tom4bren
08/17/2010, 04:13 AM
Doug,

The black one was the wrong part & he had to replace it with the greay one that everyone else used.

Tom

Daly
08/19/2010, 12:18 PM
Center console where?

vt_maverick
08/19/2010, 12:20 PM
Center console where?

:confused: Did you read the thread from the beginning?

Daly
08/26/2010, 06:02 AM
You have a center cup holder?????

vt_maverick
08/26/2010, 06:34 AM
If post #1 doesn't answer your question, maybe I just don't understand what you're asking.

I tried the cup holder from my Trooper in the VX, and it fits just fine. The color is almost exactly the same as the carpet, despite what the photo looks like. Isuzu may even offer one in black, but since I never have anyone in the back seat, and it can't be seen from the front seat, this one will suit me just fine.

To install it, you just remove the ashtray, and screw this cup holder on in its place.

Closed:
http://tad.grosvenor.org/gallery/d/13708-2/CIMG1020.jpg

Open:
http://tad.grosvenor.org/gallery/d/13705-2/CIMG1021.jpg

If you are eating fast food, it isn't the most conveinent spot for a cup holder, but I more just want a place to put a bottle of water so that it won't roll around on the floor. It is easily reachable however.

-Tad

Marlin
08/26/2010, 02:24 PM
Alright, I will hit up the yards this weekend, and get as many as I can, I would guess somewhere around 15 bucks shipped. Not sure what they are new...

Shoot me a PM if you want one, I will put up the actual price when I find out how much the yards charge me.

circmand
08/26/2010, 03:54 PM
-Tad

what does it screw into? How large a beverage cup does it hold?

vt_maverick
08/26/2010, 06:27 PM
what does it screw into? How large a beverage cup does it hold?

It screws into the same metal bracket that the ash tray screws into. You just remove the two screws from the ash tray, pull it off, then screw the cup holder back on with the same two screws.

The holders are fairly close together, so they work well for two medium fast food drink cups but only one large drink cup. But I usually just put a large in the square hole up front.

This is a really inexpensive, simple to install, and incredibly useful mod. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to add cupholders.

Marlin - I think new from Isuzu the part was like $25-30.

wekilled
09/02/2010, 09:41 PM
Wondering if you found any more Trooper cupholders? Otherwise I will bug the guys at St Charles. thanks

nfpgasmask
09/03/2010, 08:47 AM
This is what I did:

Removed the driver's side a/c vent, cut block of wood to fit snugly, painted it black, and then screwed this pen holder I found into that. Works perfect for a bottle of water or can of Monster.

http://www.nofuture.com/myvx/mods/cuphold.jpg

I rarely run my A/C so I don't mind. And when I do I just aim the two center vents on me.

Bart

Marlin
09/04/2010, 07:19 AM
Went to the yard today, 6/8 troopers had been crushed!!! FOund an 07 axiom, gorgeous, got the cargo net out of it. Too bad the interior was brown, the power seats would be nice in the VX. I may go look at it again tomorrow and evaluate getting seat covers for it, just to have the power seats.
As for the drink holders, someone beat me to it, both were gone, but I did get another set of skid plates and clip style tow hook. Also got the engine cover off the axiom, the posts line up with ours, but it is quite a bit longer, gotta do some trimming to get it to fit. I will start a new thread with pics when I get to that.

I will try the other picnpull tomorrow if they are open.

hyperkid
09/04/2010, 01:54 PM
I have always thought power seats should have been an option. I mean if your going to go recaro might as well have an upgrade to the topline series which would be awesome in the VX. I guess thats what happens when you try to keep costs down.

http://www.autobahnpower.com/products.asp?recnumber=903

vt_maverick
09/04/2010, 05:19 PM
Went to the yard today... FOund an 07 axiom, gorgeous, got the cargo net out of it.

Hmmm... the elusive '07 model... and I thought my 2004 was the last year they made them. ;)

I may have to have you get something off it for me. What color is it?

Marlin
09/04/2010, 07:00 PM
Hmmm... the elusive '07 model... and I thought my 2004 was the last year they made them. ;)

I may have to have you get something off it for me. What color is it?

Turns out the numbers on the windshield, which I thought was the year # must be some kind of local inventory number:) It was the light champagne or silver color, I don't remember, but it was brown leather, even had the fancy cargo mat in the back. They are closed tomorrow and mon, so I will have to go next weekend, I will be going to the local LKQ tomorrow, so I will search out the Zus there.

vt_maverick
09/04/2010, 10:02 PM
Sounds good. If the Axiom is light silver, can you check and see if the passenger side mirror is in good condition? The garage door opening bit Sonya on her way out one morning. ;)

Marlin
09/05/2010, 06:57 AM
Grrr,went to LKQ, the yards are usually a popular resting site for Troopers, they only had two!! And two Trooper IIs, and a bunch of rodeos. no manual hubs, no drink holders, one tow hook, but it was rusted on there, I rounded off the bolt trying to get it off, not worth it. I did get a retractable hood light off of an old wagoneer. Back to the other yard next weekend for axiom parts, and I will check out the rodeo dashes and find out which ones match ours, I know there are a few folks who want dash bezels for various stereo projects and whatnot.

RallyDude
09/27/2010, 04:11 AM
Yeah, I'd like to get one of those. Wait, I've never been in the back, maybe I already have it.