PDA

View Full Version : The "BIG" Bounce

ThunderChicken
07/26/2004, 11:05 PM
Are the VX's suppose to bounce in normal driving? I picked mine up today and it bounces around like crazy when you hit a pot hole or go over a speed bump. Is theis normal.

Car dealer tells me that's the way they ride. Is there a way to adjust the shocks to eliminate the bounce.

Love the engine and the way she picks up speed. It would leave my little Jeep Cherokee in the dust.

SPAZZ
07/26/2004, 11:09 PM
stiffer rear shocks!!!! serious...makes a HUGE difference over stock rear ones....the front stock shocks are fine, keep em...or offer em to me first if you change em out.

Hanalei
07/27/2004, 06:18 AM
Hey Thunder:

I bought my VX in January and that baby was bouncing all over the road. At one point I hit a hole and bounced clear into the next lane!! Turned out my rear shocks were shot and I had them replaced. Rides beautifully now. Sounds like your rear shocks need replacing based on what you described.

ThunderChicken
07/27/2004, 06:46 AM
Thanks for the info. Are the rear shocks very expensive to replace?

Navigator
07/27/2004, 09:03 AM
Go to www.carpart.com and search on Vehicross shocks to pick up a set of used ones or go to your local Isuzu dealer and order new ones for about $350 a piece.

I am using Rancho 9000's, they are not as firm as stock (about 90% as firm IMO (opinions vary :D)), but are a heck of a lot more comfortable. After 4 months of urban abuse (potholes, ruts, railroad tracks, unpainted speed bumps on unfamiliar streets in the dark of night, etc...) the Rancho's are hangin' tough. The cost is about $60 each and they are ajustable. You have many options, do a search on shocks I and a few other members have posted volumes of information to help you on this topic. :luck: