PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!

noyb98098
07/26/2004, 06:47 PM
First off, I wanted to say what a great site this is you guys are really supportive with this great machine. Now the fun part. I just purchased a 99 Black VX with 36173 miles on it from Carmax only to find out that it had a bad tranny and it was previously in a accident. SOOO the great people at Carmax just happened to have another Vehicross in FL so they transfered it up for me and it is a Firefox Red 00' with 31000 miles on it. It just came in yesterday and I couldnt even take home because both of the windows binded (which they are waiting for parts from Isuzu wharehouse to replace) up right at the dealership and then they found that two rear rotors had to be replaced. Aside from that... :) Its been in the Miami sun and both wiper arms PLUS the headlamps are discolored. Do you guys think this is a bad sign or should I just get over it and keep the car (which I really love)? Last thing... Whoever owned this car first had a Dog which chewed on the rear seat buckle... Could I order another one?????

Thanks for you help in advance...

Kahuna
07/26/2004, 06:53 PM
Hey,

First off- Welcome!!!!

Second- It's really up to you. Have a mechanic give it the once and twice even a third time over. Little things can always be fixed. Seatbelt are trivial, wiper blades and so on. Hey things wear out in the sun. Just make sure that mechanically, things are fine.

Always run a carfax report (know the vin number), you will find out if it has been toteled, wrecked, salvaged and so on.

noyb98098
07/26/2004, 06:57 PM
Thats the funny thing, I ran a carfax on the Black one and it came back clean. The only reason I found out was because I took it to a body shop to give it a once over. The car kept pulling to the left at around 60mph even after an alignment, come to find out there had been frame damage.

Kahuna
07/26/2004, 08:27 PM
That sucks! Unfortunately, the only way this would have been done is if he did not report it to the issurance agency and/or no police report was made. The records are only as good as what is reported. Everytime your vehicle goes in for registration, smog, any govermental thing or to any insurance thing, then the car records will show that.