PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day Mid-Atlantic Meet '04

WormGod
07/25/2004, 01:52 PM
Labor Day is not too far away and it's time to start putting together this meet.... which will be going on 3 years in a row.

Date is sketchy, but it appears to be Sept 3rd (Fri) through Sept 6th (Mon) in Ocean City, MD. Date is prone to change since there are no concrete plans as of yet (ideas needed).

This meet includes (at your expense that is ;) )....

Camping or hotel lodging
Surf fishing/bay fishing
Boating/Waverunning
Fun in the Sun (or rain!) on the beach!
Vehicle permits for beach travel (includes cooking out, driving, and boozing on the beach)
Amusement parks

....and tons, tons more!

Post ideas and such here if you are interested....

Pics from last year's Meet! (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=547&thumb=1)

WormGod
07/26/2004, 08:06 PM
Yep, the date above is all wrong, heh. And it turns out that most of the places down there are already booked for the holiday weekend. I am thinking now maybe....

Sept 10th - 13th, for a long weekend, or simply the 11th - 12th for those who can only do the short weekend. I am already going regardless with a few friends and we are camping out at Assateague State Park (http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/eastern/assateague.html) . If anyone wishes to come on down, feel free. Plans for driving out on the beach and having a good time are already in progress.

There are PLENTY of hotels in the area if that's your thing. ;)

skullcap
07/27/2004, 01:45 PM
Well, I report for duty in DC on August 23rd.

I'll be back and forth between my hometown, Atlanta, and wherever I wind-up (hopefully on the MD side of the district).

If I'm around when the meet comes-off, I'll surely try being there.

;)

Navigator
07/27/2004, 10:05 PM
...But another Bar & Grille meet before or after Labor Day would be awsome :yes:

Ron Pfeiffer
07/28/2004, 04:00 AM
I doubt I will be able to make the weekend either - school will have just started, and I'll be crazy-busy.

But I too would be up for another D&B meet around then . . .

Ron

WormGod
07/28/2004, 08:26 AM
Would you all prefer to keep it local then? I have no problem with that. As it turns out, much of the beach has been eroded pretty bad from this past winter, so it's probably still quite a mess in OC. Plus, work is about to throw me into crunch-mode, which is what I always dread hearing.

How about we just try to say like Sept 4th at a location like D&B's then. Or maybe Hooters like the year before. If we can all agree on a date (the 4th is during Labor Day weekend anyways), then we can discuss a meeting place.

Simon Templar
07/28/2004, 09:27 PM
Alas....as I work weekends, I doubt I can make it either.

Now....should you switch it to an end-of-the-week affair, then I am on board.

If you push it back much beyond the first part of September, things can get a bit chilly in MD or beyond. There is always Virginia Beach, Cape Hatteras, Wilmington, and etc. The weather is much nicer much later in the year in these places.

.....sT

DaPenetrator
08/18/2004, 06:50 AM
Hey guys, first I need to apologize for being out of the loop over the Summer, but I've been madd busy. I hope you all will forgive me. I've been tryin' to catch up on some of the post and of course the idea of another meet, with such a fine group of people, caught my attention. So, has any decisions been made? Amazingly as busy as I've been the past couple of month, nothing included a trip to a beach. I'd definitely be interested in an overnight camp-out at the beach if that's still an option. But whatever's decided, I'll go with the flow.

Maugan_VX
08/18/2004, 07:24 AM
You guys should really go to the outer banks.

Up in Currituck County, north of Duck around Corolla, highway 12 just litterally ends and turns into beach. Theres mile upon miles of sand dunes to flex the VX's muscules on. I took my trooper out there and it was great. You can also turn some heads because most of the trucks that go out there are the 12" lifted redneck trucks with tires as tall as my house. A couple of them talked smack about the trooper, then they got stuck.

WormGod
08/18/2004, 08:01 AM
Outer Banks eh? That drive is longer than the stay would be for most of us here, heh. :p

Looks like this has dwindled back down to a day thing, like the Dave & Busters gig.

I dont care what we do. I just have to keep it VERY local. Work is kicking into hi-gear so I always need to be somewhere near. :(

As for the beach, all the camp grounds were booked. They didnt have anything till after school started for kiddies. Heck, I would be down for a nice fall camping trip though.

Maugan_VX
08/18/2004, 08:11 AM
My parents make the drive from the Easter Shore of MD to Nags Head in 5 hours.

That aint to bad.

Nazrat
08/18/2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by WormGod
Outer Banks eh? That drive is longer than the stay would be for most of us here, heh. :p

Looks like this has dwindled back down to a day thing, like the Dave & Busters gig.

I dont care what we do. I just have to keep it VERY local. Work is kicking into hi-gear so I always need to be somewhere near. :(

As for the beach, all the camp grounds were booked. They didnt have anything till after school started for kiddies. Heck, I would be down for a nice fall camping trip though.

I'd be up for a D&B meet.

-Tad

DaPenetrator
08/18/2004, 09:06 AM
I'm from northeastern North Carolina, and yeah, Nags Head, Kitty Hawk, Pamilco Sound and all those areas are nice. The drive would be about 5+ hrs for most of us here in MD. It's actually quicker from the East Shore b/c of Hwy 13 and access to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel. But most of us would have to take 95 or 301 South down through Virgina. And anyone going through the Springfield interchange know that can be an hour's task in itself.

Anyway, I visit my parents, family and friends down that way all the time. It's not a problem for me if that's what the group decides to do. Personally, I like the idea of a camp-out on the beach (Spring/Summer) or up in the mountains (Fall/Winter) better. And I'm definitely game for any local gatherings (D&B, Hooters, ESPN Zone, Jillians, etc.)

WormGod
08/19/2004, 08:14 AM
Tell ya what, lets arrange a simple meet like D&Bs again, and maybe we can chat a bit in person about a possible fall camping trip. Not that everyone is into camping, but thats something else we can talk about.

Anyways, set a date. I wont recommend one since work is a monkey on my back now, so what ever everyoen agrees on, I will duck out for that day. (Sat and Sun are probably the only way to go, of course)