PDA

View Full Version : Instrument Panel Burn Out

J La
07/22/2004, 03:27 PM
The lights for the RPM and Speedometer have gone out! (Gear Indicator, TOD, and Warnings all work)

1: Anyone know where these light bulbs are? Easiest way to get to them? I thought possibly a fuse, but couldn't determine which controlled the instrument panel.

2: While I am at it, my dimmer has never worked since I bought the VX. Any suggestions on the possible cause? Or solution!

Thanks, and sorry for the amatuer questions?

p.s. i already "did a search" :)

zadam123
07/22/2004, 06:06 PM
I have a similar problem, my power switch light on the dash board just went out, Anyone know if i have to take the whole dash apart for this, I know that the switch still works cause i still feel the diffrence in the power.

As far as your dash lights, mine went out the other day, cause was a blown fuse in the drivers side pannel, I think it is linked to tail lights. Also the dimmer light has a connector in back of it, maby that got disconnected, Its worth a try

adam

Raque Thomas
07/22/2004, 07:32 PM
You say your lights for the tach & speedo are out - how about the gas & temp gauges? If those are out as well, it's probably a fuse. If it is light bulbs, you'll have to remove the dash face plate, remove the 4 screws holding the instrument cluster in place, and pull out the cluster far enough to get at the bulbs in the back. This sounds (&looks much more daunting than it actually is - shouldn't take much more than 1/2 hour to take apart & put back in. The bulbs are 194's