PDA

View Full Version : CD Changer Problem

Hanalei
07/22/2004, 09:40 AM
My cd changer is acting up. I press a button to play, the orange lights blinks and then it comes up "ERR3". I read what that means in the manual and it says that the changer is not operating properly and to eject the cd. Only problem is, it won't eject, none of them will. When I press the eject to try to eject all of the cds, the radio comes on. Odd indeed. Guess I'm looking at a visit to the mechanic.

Should I keep cds in there all the time or do I have to take them out when they're not being played? It mentions in the manual that they should be taken out rather than being kept in there, which, I think, defeats the purpose of having the darn thing to begin with.

Any thoughts? Has anyone else experienced this?

migil
07/22/2004, 02:19 PM
Sorry to welcome you to a very common and well documented problem - You will find lots of info using the SEARCH feature on the ERR3 problem.

Tone posted a CD changer reset procedure HERE (http://club.vmag.com/ubb/Forum39/HTML/001245.html)

Hopefully it will allow you to at least get your CDs back. As far as getting the CD changer back to work again, I guess ERR3 is the beginning of the end for it, as you will see in all the previous posts on the subject.