http://www.xanderstudios.com/Arellia/images/VXSteering.jpg

Let me know what you think...

Brent

transio
07/22/2004, 05:49 AM
Awesome work, man! NURBS is a b*tch

tomcat837
07/22/2004, 08:47 AM
WHAT IS THAT AND WHERE CAN I GET SOME???
DO THEY COME IN BLACK/RED?
HOW MUCH, ESPECIALLY FOR THE RIMS?

tiggergreen
07/22/2004, 09:17 AM
Maya is a 3D Modelling package that allows a person to create virtual items. These items only exist in my imagination... I wish I could offer these things in the real world, but I do not have an unlimited budget...

Of course, there are places out there that can take 3D Models and make actual models - but I have no idea how much that would cost...

Basically, I am building all the interior parts for a 3D Vehicross that I can use in rendering animations...

Brent
Xander Studios

Kahuna
07/22/2004, 09:42 AM
Nice work

I think the rims have the wrong offset look. However, the steering wheel is awesome. Can't wait to see your final render

StormTROOPER
07/22/2004, 03:25 PM
Nice artwork Brent now all we need is a matching dash/console with a navigation system and the interior will finally match the futuristic exterior (too bad you were not on the original design team), At least we dream, with the growing need and popularity of smaller SUVs and off-roading I can't imagine Isuzu not bringing back the VX in the future. (maybe even a hybred version) I hope they take some inspirations from your renderings. ;)

tiggergreen
07/22/2004, 10:41 PM
Thanks, everyone...

I will definitely try to do justice to the center console and dash to better align the interior with the exterior of the VX. I'm probably going to start with the VX-O2 interior and make little design changes.

NURBS are definitely harder to work with than polygons, but I just love the smoothness of the finished product - even if it does take a great deal more time.

Here is a work in progress - don't worry - I still have a long way to go before I am finished...

http://www.xanderstudios.com/Arellia/images/VX01.jpg

BritVX
07/23/2004, 04:37 AM
Superb modeling, I use solidworks myself but have not played with surfaces. How long did the panneling take?

Col

transio
07/23/2004, 06:32 AM
Amazing, man. GREAT WORK !!!!

tiggergreen
07/23/2004, 09:24 AM
You all have encouraged me to keep working on this project - thanks!

The panelling of the VX body took about three weeks of ten to twelve hours a day... I know that is a long time, but this is my first foray into NURBS and I have been scrapping lots of files and restarting in order to get the best possible look for the VX.

As far as a single panel, it usually takes me about four to five hours to get the proper shape and smoothness.

Col, do you have some examples of your work on the web anywhere?

Brent

Kahuna
07/23/2004, 10:44 AM
Beautifull Work..........Man, I can't wait to see the final thing.

BTW: Did you find a place? What did you think of Rob & Jen?

tiggergreen
07/23/2004, 04:30 PM
Yes, I finally found a place and a little contracting gig to get me some extra money. Rob and Jen were very nice - but they were unable to help me out as Rob was leaving for Texas at the end of the week.

Everything turned out well in the end, though. My wife and I just moved into a condo on the corner of La Jolla Village Drive and Towne Centre Drive. I have a fifteen minute commute to Pacific Beach where I am doing some web development for DefenseWeb.

Brent

mrtew
07/23/2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by tiggergreen
The panelling of the VX body took about three weeks of ten to twelve hours a day... I know that is a long time, but this is my first foray into NURBS

Brent,

I fight the nurbs in ALIAS all day at work and they are definitely the only way to go for a perfect looking car. It's really tough and very very time consuming though and you chose one of the most complex cars ever made to start with. A Dodge Aries would be a better introductory project but at least you have inspiration on your side! :-] Looks good so far! Keep the surfaces as simple as you can so you can keep them smooth. Extra CVs just invite wrinkles!

WormGod
07/24/2004, 12:04 AM
Nice job! The one I started in 3dsMax has just sorta sat on the back burner for many months. Tough getting back around to it with all the "paid" work I have to do in Max, heh. And now that my company has finally announced the next chapter of the The Elder scrolls and Fallout 3, I imagine it will be a whole lot tougher getting back to it. :(

Keep it up. I would love to actually see one done finally.

BritVX
07/26/2004, 04:33 AM
Amazing dedication to the task you must be a true enthusiast.
My work has all been for 3rd parties and as such subject to their confidentiality clauses. Having a young child I hardly get a chance to play with my VX nevermind model at home but I am hoping to do a home project later this year.

Looking forward to seeing your finished model.

Col