PDA

View Full Version : !Dead CD Changer!

-x-
01/30/2003, 10:03 AM
HELLO! EVERYBODY...Well my cd changer is officially dead. Previously it wouldn't play some cd's like the cd in slot 6 but now nothing plays and worst it won't EjEcT my cd's. Whenever power is applied it "searches" or whatever and beeps the error sode beep thingie, which if im not mistaken is error 3. Anyone have advise beside going to tha stealership - I've already pulled the fuses so any/all advice is greatly appreciated and needed ; )

Thanx and bless.....x

Triathlete
01/30/2003, 12:10 PM
Sounds like its time to upgrade the system. I have a pioneer head unit (am/fm/cass) and am now waiting on a good deal on pioneers in dash cd player to add to it. They also make an in dash 6 disc changer. All fit nicely into the factory holes! Most other manufacturers will be a big improvement over the factory. And if you are half way mechanical, its a do it yourself project that can be done in a day.:cool!: Plus you'll probably be happier with the quality...:naughty:

Tone
01/30/2003, 01:38 PM
If you search club.vmag, the reset procedure for the changer is posted there but usually once this happens, it is a matter of time before the unit will need to be replaced. I have a new stock changer that I would let go for $275 if you are interested.

Navigator
01/31/2003, 11:06 AM
Swap out the stock head unit for anything with mp3 capabilities and you won't need a CD changer. With mp3 you can fit hundreds of tracks on a single CD, you'll run out of time, gas, daylight, road, before you run out of music. I put a Trooper pocket in place of my CD changer to hold a case of 24 CD's full of mp3's. I average 200 full length tracks per CD, which is above and beyond what the stock changer can hold at 20 tracks or less per CD x 6. I have yet to listen to 200 tracks in one sitting, but i have over 5000 tracks ready to roll just in case. Go mp3

SU-Vehi
02/04/2003, 06:09 AM
If you want to get it repaired.

Check out United Radio is Syracuse, New York.

http://www.unitedradio.com

They do great repairs, and even work on OEM gear.