PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where I can find....

jayfotos
07/21/2004, 04:11 PM
I'm looking to swap out all my engine lines with steel braided silacone coated lines.

Is there a kit, buy by the foot or what ever.

Thanks, any leeds would be great.

Jay

Hotsauce
07/21/2004, 05:49 PM
Steel braided silicone? Never seen it.

I wouldn't want to use a SS mesh over silicone hose, I'd be worried about the wire chafing the hose away.

While silicone has excellent temperature resistance, and resists most reactants, it has poor tear strength, and is punctured easily due to its softness.

John C.

jayfotos
07/21/2004, 07:13 PM
It's the same stuff I used for my breaklines, it's steel braided but has a coating of clear(I guess) it's silicone. So if any rubbing does accur the braided lines won't chafe anything.

I plan on dressing up the engine a bit and adding all those lines with neat/clean faseners I think will look sharp along with my new cold air intake...and should'nt cost much.

UtahVXer
07/21/2004, 08:13 PM
JCW (http://www.jcwtruck.com/autoparts/ProductDisplay/s-10101/storeId-10101/p-1698/c-10614/catalogId-10614) carries a stainless kit for 100 bucks. Tin-plated copper gives the same look for less cash.

jayfotos
07/21/2004, 08:53 PM
Yea, I saw those....not a big fan of them.
If you seen the one's I'm talking about, they're really nice and clean looking and no worries of the stainless chafing anything because of the clear silicone coating.
I'm still dig'n around, I think my best bet is to get a list of all the different size(diameter and lenght) hoses that are in the VX and order them separatly.

It'll take some time, but the end result will be very cool.

It'll also be cool if they made "carbon fiber" looking hoses....off to search.

VXtreme
07/22/2004, 09:03 AM
I used a stainless steel over-braiding kit on my hoses. Pep Boys sells Stainless Steel over-braiding kits for about $50 and they look great. They will fit most all of your lines and hoses. It's alot less expensive then changing all of the hoses and lines, unless you would feel better changing out all of them.