PDA

View Full Version : Badges? Maybe we DO need badges

doubleadesign
07/16/2004, 08:36 AM
Anyone give the thought to making Badges (http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/2163/) for our group here? I think it would be awesome as a metal emblem that could be added to the side of back. just a thought. I know some of oyu guys have gone through all the trouble of taking off everything.

Kahuna
07/16/2004, 05:06 PM
Hey cool, went to your link. I like it. I would buy something like that!!!!

Leah
07/17/2004, 12:05 PM
doubleadesign, I just designed a patch for our fire department, two actually, and everyone was raving about what a great job I did. I think I will make sure not to tell them about your website. That way, they will never see your work and realize how amaturish mine is.

Do you design the badges or just collect them or what? These are some incredible pieces of artwork. Makes me want to start my own collection. I very much would like to have a VX badge, exlusive to our club. One that we could put on our vehicles and one we could use as a keychain. I love the idea.

If no one has come up with one already, maybe we could poll everyone and find out what the VX means to them, what kind of emblem makes them think VehiCROSS. Is there a certain animal, shape, color, or experience that comes to mind when you think of your truck? Maybe if we sit around the campfire and hash over ideas, we could all come with a common thread that would scream VehiCROSS ROCKS! Join the club!!!

doubleadesign
07/17/2004, 12:23 PM
It's just a link. It's not my site. I just liked the idea that there are car clubs around the world that have specail badges. Which I thought maybe the forum members were sorta a club and that maybe we needed our own car club badge.

Though I think the site is cool, I'm out of my collecting phase. once you have to move stuff around the country a few times you think twice before you start collecting anything. plus the space needed for all that stuff. and i can't take it with me when i die either.

Leah
07/18/2004, 11:00 AM
You are so right! Being a military dependant, we move a lot too. And as you say, you can't take it with you when you go...and then, someone else has to figure out what to do with it all!

dkmiller68
07/18/2004, 02:02 PM
That which you own, also owns you.