PDA

View Full Version : Royal Purple Help Needed

tomdietrying
07/14/2004, 03:17 PM
I'm going to take the advice of so many of you on Royal Purple. I've checked ALL the treads and need a little more help.

I have a few questions:
1. Front and Rear Differentials- Do I use Royal Purple 75W-90 or Royal Purle SyntroMax? How many quarts do I need to buy?

2. Is the tranny fluid and the transfer case fluid the same type? What is the name of the fluid I need? Is it AFT Royal Purple? I think if I do a partal change I will need 4 qts for the tranny and 4 for the tranfer case. I think I would like to do a COMPLETE flush. If I do a COMPLETE flush, how many quarts do I need?

3. Is there anything else I should know or be aware of? Tone's advice to use teflon sealer on the threads of the bolts is something I wasn't aware of.

4. I have 30 ks on my VX. Would it be alright to switch to Royal Purple Oil Fluid now? If it is o.k., how often should I change the fluids? Right now I change the oil every 3 ks.

Thanks for your expertise. :)

Peace.

Tom

smcneal
07/15/2004, 06:07 AM
I'm thinking of making the same change myself but also have a few questions. My vehicle has 110K on it. Is it ok to move to this product.
Reason i ask is that when I switched to synthetic motor oil a started to get some bad leakage. It seems the good stuff gets through tghe cracks a little easier. WOuld this be a possibility with the Royal Purple. Any info would be much appreciated.

VX crazy
07/16/2004, 05:23 AM
I switched all fluids to royal purple at 15K and have used only royal purple, no leaks here. Tom - I use the 75-140 maxgear, needing to mine again, but I am very happy with royal purple.

Tone
07/16/2004, 05:56 AM
Quantities have been posted many times before and are also listing in your owners manual - please try the search function.

Approx amounts are as follows:
Tranny flush - at least 10 qts Dexron III
Tranny filter or drain - 4 qts Dexron III
TOD/Transfer - 2qts Dexron III
Front diff - 1.5qts
Rear diff - 2qts
75/140 in both is fine in Texas unless we have a cold winter

Can't change any fluids too often - see manual for time/mileage periods

@ 30K you also should be having your wheel bearings repacked....