PDA

View Full Version : Black Box data recorder

Randy
07/06/2004, 05:33 AM
Does anyone know if we have one of these hidden on our VX's? Seems the insurance companies are aggressively using the information from these "black boxes" to fight us in court after an accident.

Where is it located? Has anyone removed theirs?

Randy

thedutchguy
07/06/2004, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by Randy
Does anyone know if we have one of these hidden on our VX's? Seems the insurance companies are aggressively using the information from these "black boxes" to fight us in court after an accident.

Where is it located? Has anyone removed theirs?

Randy
lawyers are sick!

lenny
07/06/2004, 07:38 AM
????????????

Randy
07/06/2004, 09:11 AM
These are similar to the "black boxes" used to investigate airplane crashes. It records how fast you were going, how long your foot was on the brakes and/or accelerator, airbag(s) deployment, any skidding of your tires, etc.

I want to remove or disable mine. We are living with too much "Big Brother" these days without having monitors stuck up our ***** in the privacy of our own VX's!

Help me locate this box.

Randy

MZ-N10
07/06/2004, 10:56 AM
i dont think the vx had one...
________
Tiny Tits Live (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/small-tits/)

azskyrider
07/06/2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Randy
These are similar to the "black boxes" used to investigate airplane crashes. It records how fast you were going, how long your foot was on the brakes and/or accelerator, airbag(s) deployment, any skidding of your tires, etc.

I want to remove or disable mine. We are living with too much "Big Brother" these days without having monitors stuck up our ***** in the privacy of our own VX's!

Help me locate this box.

Randy

Don't forget when you have the seat belts on during accident collisions for insurance claims.

Randy
07/06/2004, 11:33 AM
Looks like they almost got our VX's! According to my findings at several sites including http://www.seniormag.com/headlines/blackboxcars.htm , these boxes (commonly referred to as EDR's for "event data recorders") have been installed in Isuzu Hombre's beginning in 2000 and the Isuzu Ascender beginning in 2003.

I'll keep looking.

Randy

Looks like General Motors is the only "Big Brother" spy out there and they started twisting Isuzu's neck in 2000.

Simon Templar
07/06/2004, 09:43 PM
Someone else brought this up a year or so back. As I recall, the final concensus was that the VX did not have one. I have no proof that this is the case...I only remember that was what was finally said.

I've not looked for one myself as I already know that my insurance company (State Farm) is worthless and isn't likely to be there for me if and when I should actually need them. They have repeatedly proven their ineptitude in other matters. So, EDR or not, in my case it won't make much of a difference.

Incidently, if anyone is considering State Farm as their insurance carrier, please contact me. I'll tell you all of the stunts they have pulled in my dealings with them. After that, if you still want to give them your trust and your money....that is up to you.

.....sT

WyrreJ
07/07/2004, 07:25 AM
Amen, State Farm sux donkey dick.

Dallas4u
07/07/2004, 08:21 AM
I've had State Farm for around 7 years now, and my wife has been with them for around 13 years. I've never had a problem with them regarding any tickets or accidents I have been involved with... my wife either.

I was with Farmers before this and didn't have any problems with them as well.

I had Nationwide for a time in between and, personally, I thought they sucked... maybe not donkey schlong, but something. ;)

transio
07/07/2004, 10:41 AM
I dunno, I've had State Farm for 13 years now, and I haven't had a single problem with them. I've had about 8 accidents in that time, and they covered every one of them. The covered me when I crashed my BMW.

transio
07/07/2004, 10:43 AM
http://www.stevenmoseley.com/galleries/m_coupe/001.jpg

transio
07/07/2004, 10:46 AM
They gave me more than I owed on it. I came out of the deal with about 2500 in my pocket. They also covered the cost of the two palm trees that I killed. Granted, I put about 5k down, but they gave me a more than fair settlement.

transio
07/07/2004, 10:48 AM
I don't know why, but the forum isn't allowing me to reply with more than one sentence at a time ?!?

Jolly Roger VX'er
07/07/2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Dallas4u
I've had State Farm for around 7 years now, and my wife has been with them for around 13 years. I've never had a problem with them regarding any tickets or accidents I have been involved with... my wife either.

I was with Farmers before this and didn't have any problems with them as well.

I had Nationwide for a time in between and, personally, I thought they sucked... maybe not donkey schlong, but something. ;)

I switched recently from being a life-long Nationwider to a State Farmer..........Nationwide treated me good when i hit a deer with my Jeep....but became uncompetitive in pricing.

Only time will tell if State Farm was a wise choice for me!

Randy
07/07/2004, 07:25 PM
USAA!!! The only respected insurance company with the repair shops... Just ask them who is most accomodative and they will all say --- USAA.

Randy

billh23
07/07/2004, 07:57 PM
I have to agree, I've had USAA for 15 years now, and I have never had one complaint. They are fast, friendly, and cheaper then any other company out there (check consumer reports, etc).

Granted, you have to be in the military (active or retired) or a spouse/direct family member.

transio
07/07/2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by billh23
Granted, you have to be in the military (active or retired) or a spouse/direct family member. Well hell, risking my life in Iraq is darn well worth saving a couple bucks on auto insurance!!! Screw that, I'll give 'em my first born instead!