PDA

View Full Version : Any alturnatives to the PV muffler?

jayfotos
07/05/2004, 05:36 PM
I have a PV2, though I like it....it gets a bit loud.

Is there anything else that's out there that gives good performace, but not to loud?

I know of the Flomaster mufflers and they come in stages, 40, 50 etc....not shure on how that works.

Thanks- Jay

omegavx
07/05/2004, 09:10 PM
Try a smaller tip, most of those people who have tried them usually say its less loud.

VXtreme
07/07/2004, 02:17 PM
I went to a Magnaflow muffler from my PV2 for the same reason. The muffler shop I went to test fitted several Flowmaster and Magnaflow mufflers for me before I bought one. I could hear the differences between each muffler and this helped select the one I was looking for. The Flowmaster's seemed a little raspy when you put the throttle down. The Magnaflow is still loud but has a good sound to it. It has that nice deep tone when you turn over the engine and isn't so loud that it's annoying. It is noticibly less loud then the PV2. I also heard a VX with an Aeroturbine on it. It was equally as loud as my PV2 and it too sounded a little raspy when you accelerated. I didn't care for it much. As far as performance, I didn't really notice any difference. I do have a supercharger with a 5PSI pulley on it, so that may be the reason I did not see any noticible difference in performance between the PV2 and the Magnaflow.

jayfotos
07/07/2004, 04:08 PM
I also have a SC, what Magnaflow madel do you have and what shops carry it?

Thanks- Jay

morgan-tec
07/07/2004, 04:44 PM
I also build custom mufflers for pretty much any application, i have a few sound files and video clips on my site if you are intrested as well as pics and prices. www.morgan-tec.com ;Dr;

VXtreme
07/08/2004, 09:15 AM
I'll dig through my paperwork and let you know what model MagnaFlow I have. As far as shops, I had mine done at Master Muffler. Not sure if you have them in your area. You could always check the MagnaFlow web page for a list of dealers that carry them in your area. VXtreme