PDA

View Full Version : Engine Type, Chip upgrade etc

BritVX
07/02/2004, 04:47 AM
Hi people,

Just joined this site having recently bought a 97 import VX in the UK. Nice to see the car supported by such a great website.
Anyway question time:

Does anyone know if the engine can be found in other GM cars, I'm after a head to work on.

Has anyone heard of a power boost chip or chip remapping for the VX?

I've seen mention of raising the VX by 2.5" is anyone doing a kit or can someone list what I need?

I'm intending to many mods but unfortunately have to start with the window problem, thankfully i found the solution on this site, thanks.

:mbrasd:

xdfarrx
07/02/2004, 08:34 AM
Welcome!
Do a search on the window deal. There is a mod for it, that resolves it.
As for chipping?? Featherfoot was going to look into it.
a company called revotechnik has a modification and apparently is applicable but I cannot confirm this. If you find out anything let us know-
peace

lenny
07/02/2004, 01:27 PM
yet another uk member

great at this rate we will be able to have are own mini meets

how do you like your vx

wicked arnt they

hope you have fun with her

Kahuna
07/02/2004, 02:06 PM
Welcome;Dr; Check your year of the VX 97? Did not make the VX in 97

Dallas4u
07/02/2004, 02:10 PM
I believe they starting making the Vehicross in '97 overseas but did not manufacture the VX for the US until '99.

lenny
07/02/2004, 03:05 PM
yes thats correct

my vx is a 1997

BritVX
07/07/2004, 03:10 AM
Thanks everyone for your replies, I've been out the last few days so no chance to reply myself.
Got the window info and shall be tackling that this weekend.
I'm having a look round over here on the chipping /remapping but I must admit the VX has more than enough power at the moment.
It would be good to try get a Brit meet and conversation going re sourcing parts due the the rarity over here. Anyone have info on the reversing camera?