PDA

View Full Version : OT: Funniest Safety Video

johnnyapollo
07/01/2004, 10:19 AM
This is perhaps the funniest safety video that I have ever seen. It's in German, however give it a chance and you'll see what I mean:

http://media.hugi.is/hahradi/fyndnar/STAPLERFAHRERKLAUSDERERSTEA-1.wmv

-- Best, John

AlaskaVX
07/01/2004, 10:50 AM
That was AWESOME! Never knew a forklift could be so dangerous! LOL :D

Anita
07/01/2004, 10:52 AM
OMG... HILARIOUS!!!!
;puke: :rotate: :smack:

AnalogVX
07/01/2004, 11:21 AM
And I thought our safety films were corny!:p

Heraclid
07/01/2004, 06:17 PM
That's just too good!

My supervisor often wants me to raise him up on a pallet to change light bulbs in the warehouse. He's not the brightest bulb around, either.

They left something pretty important out. Try taking a pallet of 40 cases of copy paper or other suitably hefty load and putting it way up high or bringing it down from way up high and not being real careful with how fast you gas it/stop it/let out the brake or any other jerky movements. Or try driving around with it lifted way up instead of dropping it down the instant you're clear to do so. You will tip the thing over. I have personally had one start to rock back and forth a couple of times even with being pretty careful. Trust me, it kinda sucks when the rear wheels leave the floor.

Don't drive one off the loading dock either. Park it with the forks all the way down (and usually tilted slightly forward) so people won't trip over them. Make sure the forks are back to level when you're moving stuff around. LOL! And what about the potential mishaps with LP? :-)

Joe_Black
07/01/2004, 08:01 PM
I'm still laughing! That couldn't have possibly be written by Germans, their humor doesn't even approach how hilarious that film is! Thanks John!:laughg:

t2p
07/02/2004, 10:19 AM
bummer ......... I could not view the video .....
but if it concerns a forklift, I can understand ........
I could tell 'forklift' stories for hours .........
including one that featured a friend - a co-worker - at a summer job ........ he never did become 'accomplished' with the forklift ......... he was carrying a huge hydraulic cylinder and ..... (to make a long story short) ended up crashing through an office wall - while this guy ('bigshot') was in the office on the phone ..........

Joe_Black
07/02/2004, 01:10 PM
I worked a summer once at a distribution warehouse for a home improvement company, night shift. We had hi-lifts, stand-ups (which I drove), turrets and some beater gas lifts. Not to mention all the pallet jacks running around. Oh, the stories...

VXing
07/02/2004, 06:36 PM
HS

That was the funniest video yet. The cat and bird were good, but this one takes the cake.

Thanks,
John