PDA

View Full Version : 40+mph squeek

UNEVEN THOUGHTS
06/29/2004, 07:18 AM
I've had my VX for 5 days now and this thing is awsome!! I do however get this weird squeek around 40mph and it continues to about 65-70mph. It sounds as if it's comming from either behind the dash or in the engine compartment on the drivers' side. It isn't consistant either, it just makes the sound whenever. I've tried to do it intentionaly but it hasn't worked (ie. bumps, hard turns, hard breaking). Any ideas?

Dallas4u
06/29/2004, 08:12 AM
Possibly the hood slightly moving up and down... easy fix, though. When parked ( not when moving ;) ) push up and down on the right and left front of the hood. See if one moves more than the other. If so, open the hood and look for the rubber stops. You can raise or lower the stops to keep the hood tight when closed by turning them.

I hope that helps with the problem!

Thickness
06/29/2004, 08:26 AM
I had this same problem when I first got my VX.It was the hood stops.I popped the hood and turned the hood stops 1 turn counterclockwise.No more annoying squeak!

MZ-N10
06/29/2004, 01:57 PM
the dash can also squeek.......
________
Novana Residence Condos Pattaya (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

UNEVEN THOUGHTS
06/29/2004, 02:46 PM
I'll give the hood fix a try and get back to you on how it goes. Thank you for all the help guys (or girls).