PDA

View Full Version : black smoke...

technocoy
06/26/2004, 02:04 PM
ok guys, i know the VX is known to burn a little rich, but should i be getting black smoke from my tailpipe on acceleration? any advice? or is this normal? it's not like billowing smoke or anything but if i get on it at all i get a good blowout of black smoke, which would indicate fuel, right? not blue, not white, but black.

thanks for any help peeps,
david

Andrey
06/26/2004, 07:00 PM
is that all the time during acceleration or just initial burn ? when you step on it initially it shold be some smoke comming out of it but then it should go away with further acceleration.

AnalogVX
06/26/2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Andrey
is that all the time during acceleration or just initial burn ? when you step on it initially it shold be some smoke comming out of it but then it should go away with further acceleration.

Need to get on it more often to keep the intake and combustion chambers clear!:D

In all seriousness though, Andrey is right. You may see a quick puff when you first stomp it. That is pretty normal.

azskyrider
06/26/2004, 07:50 PM
This should be caused by the timing. Uder full throttle the timing will change to offer a RICH mixture for the burn. Excessive Rich mixture will lead to some black smoke. Nothing to worry about unless it is happening also under normal conditions. If it was running lean and at WOT then you will have a very dangerous situation.

technocoy
06/27/2004, 04:41 PM
i was out of town for the weekend so i just got in and read your responses. thanks for the info. i can rest a little easier now!

technocoy

MZ-N10
06/27/2004, 07:28 PM
or something is leaking......;eekr;

jk:D
________
DIRTYGAMES (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/DIRTYGAMES/)