PDA

View Full Version : New to the VX

Milo
06/25/2004, 10:05 PM
Hello everyone, first thread so if i goof this one up I appoligize in advance. I have been trying to find a yellow VX up in alaska for many moons without success. Fianly I have found the VX of my dreams. One catch, it's in Chigao, IL. So after fighting the internet purchasing butterflies, it's on the way. Having a 2002 Axiom I can gather that the VX must be very simular, but never actualy seeing the VX first hand i'm wondering what the hot spots/ trouble makers are on this beast. Mostly I'm trying to make myself feel better about the purchase, not actualy being there to see the VX before the close of sale is killing me. Any words of wisdom will be greatly appricated. Thanks!!!

Milo ;py;

Jolly Roger VX'er
06/26/2004, 05:21 AM
Congrats...it really is a great vehicle...just got to deal with a few common flaws like most here....use the search button for window fixes; also check out the quick links on the left side of the home page and click on how to's for your first education on window fixes. Check out your headlight rubber seals...not a critical item as they only keep air from whistling into your engine compartment...but you may need to use adhesive such as rtv silicone to reseal them as the factory glue doesn't seem to hold forever. Check your oil often....like during gas fill-ups..and regularly change your PCV valve somewhere around every other oil change.

welcome to the VX world!

AnalogVX
06/26/2004, 07:03 PM
Welcome!
The VX is a fantastic vehicle. It's has it "ticks", but you will find that they are well worth it. You have read about the windows and headlight seals. You will learn to use the mirriors and think twice about pasengers getting into the back seat. But really...there is everything to love about this funny little truck. I hope you enjoy your purchase and please post your excitement when it arrives and you get a chance to drive it.

shoota77
06/27/2004, 07:15 AM
great to have another from alaska!!! i know AlaskaVX will be thrilled...talk to him if you have any questions, he has a sweet ride and a lot of knowledge. See you around town (once I get back up there)!

Milo
06/28/2004, 11:05 AM
Thanks for all of the great info. I hate going into something blind, but knowing some quarks is better than knowing none. Comming from a leakin, rattlein, smokin Ford Bronco 2 even if the headlights wistle, it will still be a welcomed upgrade from the norm. ;pb; Closed the deal today, all thats left is to sign some papers and it will be on it's way! I will most definately want to meet up with some fellow VX owners! I just need to get the beast first, LoL. Take care and thanks again.

Milo

P.S. This is the hyper link for the new toy!

http://www.ebizautos.com/carmartusa/detail.cfm?iid=359383

AlaskaVX
06/28/2004, 11:58 AM
Whats up Milo! If you have any questions let me know. I have aquired a lot of info from this site! It's funny cause I used to own a Bronco II before my VX also! I dumped about $10,000 into that thing and ended up selling it for $4,200 LOL! There was a proton up here like 4 years ago, but then suddenly it disapeared without a trace? Well hope to talk to ya soon. Let me know when it comes in! Have fun with your new badass ride! You are going to be more then extremely pleased with the power, after driving the Bronco II LOL!