PDA

View Full Version : Easy Horsepower

Joe_Black
06/24/2004, 09:43 AM
Here's an easy, but not necessarily cheap, mod to get you about 15 - 20 additional ponies on the dyno: ExtrudeHone. (http://www.extrudehone.com/powerflow.html)

You'll need to send in your intake, so this may not be ideal for those without additional transportation options, unless you pick up an extra intake from eBay or a salvage/junk yard. But it is a proven and effective performance increase.

If 6 or more are interested we can get a Group Buy on this as well. You can count me as number 1!

Cyrk
06/24/2004, 10:30 AM
Will this work or not work with my SC?

Triathlete
06/24/2004, 11:17 AM
Basically this process smooths out the burrs and rough spots in your manifold and heads to allow a smoother flow through the system like polishing. This has been going on for many years with the race car/hot rod scene. It should not matter weather your S/C'd or not.
$1725 for heads, exhaust manifold and intake manifold....ouch!;eeky;
A bit cheaper for a group buy! That is exspensive horsepower.
You can do the same thing at home with a dremel tool!

WormGod
06/24/2004, 11:59 AM
That's a LOT of loot for the inconvenience and small hp gain. As Triathlete stated, it's not a new process, so a local speed machine shop could probably offer that service. I don't know about the need to send it out to have it done. *shrug*

Joe_Black
06/24/2004, 01:34 PM
I was thinking of JUST the intake, which would net the mentioned gains for about $600. Doing the all the rest is extreme and should only be considered for a full-prep engine job.

As for a local speed shop doing it, yes there are a few that have the proprietary ExtrudeHone equipment and training but even more who "do their own thing" at your potential expense. I generally believe in going to the source for this kind of work.

I haven't really looked closely at the guts of an SC install so can't answer that question, so hopefully Tone will chime in.