PDA

View Full Version : MOAB Questions!!!

01 Dragon
01/24/2003, 05:14 AM
Hello Fellows,
I have a few MOAB ?'s. Are there any other FL VXer's going? If so have you went before ?,
how long did it take. Im in Pensacola and would like to go, then do some Mountain Biking
after- its the Mecca of MTN BKNG! ;Db;
Is there a certain area of Moab that we meet at so I could look up directions?

I did read the MOAB thread but still wanted to ask. I know this will hurt but we plan to
camp too, so whoever posted to lonely camper line - you are not alone.
Ok this is all for now....I have never been to anything like this, or driven off road like this,
and im looking forward to it already!!!!
Take care, talk soon.......
01 Dragon, Tom
one last thing whats a Zoid?;Db;-Im a "noobee" I wanna be a Zoid!;Do;

AnalogVX
01/24/2003, 07:04 AM
I don't live in Florida so I can't say how long it will you. I live in St. Charles, about 40 miles west of Chicago And I figure about 20-22 hours. I will be camping and very seriously considering bringing my mountain bike. Like you said, Moab is the mecca of mt biking and it would seem a shame after driving all that way and not bringing my bike along. I am sure I can get a some riding time in. I will be staying at Portal RV Park (http://www.portalrvpark.com/). Portal is ZuZoo central. They still have some campsites left, but from what I understand, the cabins are gone. My reservation is for the entire week, Monday to Sunday.

Moncha
01/24/2003, 08:01 AM
Hi Tom,

Moab is such a small place there is no real way to get lost. Portal Campground is the basecamp for the event and is on the northern most end of town and can't be missed.

We biked there and it was a blast but, not near as much fun as the 4 wheeling!!

It's worth the trip no matter how far you must come.

Keep posting and you'll work your way up from newbie to other status';Db;

BumbleV-X
01/24/2003, 09:15 AM
Moab ZuZoo is awesome. Anyone that has ever attended would say the same. Portal Ranch is the "hub" of the operations. Portal is on the western side of Moab close to the Colorado River. (Last year several went white water rafting before the event.) Please say you are with the ZuZoo event for that week when you call to make reservations. If, you find that they are full there is another campground right next door. I don't mean a mile away, but just 20 feet away. They too have cabins, but I believe that as of last night there was only one available. The event starts on May 14th, but a VX only run is planned for May 13th. Most, that I know of will be there on the 12th.

Here are the websites for Portal Ranch, and the next door campground of Slickrock...

Portal: http://www.portalrvpark.com/
Slickrock: http://www.slickrockcampground.com

If you have more questions ask away......

Deby

tomdietrying
01/26/2003, 08:00 AM
I'm just curious but how many VXs made it to Moab last year. I get excited thinking about all those VXs together:dance:. You don't see to many aroud you know.
Thanks.
tomdietrying

TimG
01/27/2003, 09:06 AM
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there were 13 or 14 last year.
It is such a small town, you were almost guaranteed to spot another vx.

Zu4two
01/27/2003, 01:19 PM
Well I know that we had 11 on the VX only run

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/508/82dvlrace10-med.jpg

Swordy didn't show up until that evening, after the run. I don't recall anyone else. That would make 12.

Kirk

BumbleV-X
01/27/2003, 08:24 PM
Let's do a rough count to see if we can surpass last years total. Who is planning to attend Moab? When are you getting there? Where will you be staying? There have got to be more people than the few saying they are going. Who's on the fence wanting to go? How can we talk you into it?

Swordy & BumbleV-X we will be at the Ramada, on the 12th

Hey Tone..... btw check calender for vital events on the 12th ;Dy;

VX crazy
01/28/2003, 04:57 AM
I will be there! Arriving on the 12th, staying with Jennifer (Vasha 13) at the Ramada! Can't wait!!!!

VXMAN
01/28/2003, 07:00 AM
My wife & I will be there the 12th, staying at the Ramada also. My 1st Moab, can't wait.
;Dr;

Dave...

01 Dragon
01/28/2003, 07:39 AM
Ill be there on the 12th, staying at portal, made reservations yesterday. She told me there were
about 30 of us, she said all cabins were full, and some rv's, and some tent sites.

Any other mountain bikers?

AnalogVX
01/28/2003, 07:46 AM
I will be arriving at Portal on the 12th. I am bringing my mountain bike too.

Tone
01/28/2003, 09:50 AM
Myself and most all of the TX VXes will be there on the 12th - I see the vital event now and will make sure to prepare!

Jordan has been tentatively been approved to come with but Mother’s Day is Sunday the 11th and I’m not sure her mom is aware of that.

I think we actually had fewer VXes last year than the first year we all attended Moab, somewhere around 10 or less I think. We may have that many from Texas alone this year. In 2001 we might have had 13-14 if you could Nyk coming in for one morning.

nocturnalVX
01/28/2003, 11:05 AM
I'll be there and am looking forward to meeting those VXers that could not make it last year. I just have to see if sunscreen is sold by the gallon! MOAB!

Moncha
01/28/2003, 03:45 PM
I'll be right in the middle of field training then but am still planning to get my butt out there and drag the wife too...