PDA

View Full Version : If Canada can do it...will the U.S.?

Lease-V-cross
06/18/2004, 07:14 AM
I read an article on here...somewhere....about Isuzu pulling out of the Canadian market for good. The Isuzu owners were then offered money good towards any new purchse of a different car. I think it was any GM product.
Who's to say that Isuzu will not do the same thing here in the States?
Would that mean everyone's warranty will be expired?

Didnt' Isuzu have difficulty once before way back in the late 80 's?
ya know, the "Joe Isuzu" guy with his lies.
I remember they brought him back for awhile just for nostalgia.

I know the market and the demand is changing every day. Personally, I think SUVs are on their way out and we will see more "Station-wagon type" cars on the road.

Either that, or bikes. LOL

Joe_Black
06/18/2004, 07:22 AM
Isuzu is pulling out of the US to sever their ties with GM and return in a few years without their "restraint". I'm sure others here can post some good links to this info.

Oh, and Joe Isuzu's "lies" were part of the very successful ad campaign. Some of the funniest ads too!

angrylittleman
06/18/2004, 12:13 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4213

Lease-V-cross
06/18/2004, 01:29 PM
Ya know, when it comes right down to it, selling cars is just another form of retail.
The only reason why the top dogs at Isuzu are telling their zone managers that they are not "going out of business" is because they want to avoid a panic. The last thing they want to do is create a negative vibe through the company.
I worked for a shoe store once, and they did the same thing there. Noone knew until the last minute that our store was closing. it usually happens quick because they don't want the employees walking out.

Time will tell.

StinkBug
06/18/2004, 11:40 PM
Yep hit it on the head there.

I've known people that went home from work one night, and the next morning the doors were locked and the building was empty. Happens all the time.

Dallas

transio
06/21/2004, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Joe_Black
Oh, and Joe Isuzu's "lies" were part of the very successful ad campaign. Some of the funniest ads too!
Joe Isuzu is a joke in the advertising world. He may have been successful, but only in the same way Mr. Whipple was successful for Charmin. He's annoying and insulting to the intelligence of the consumer. Driving up your sales by annoying consumers into buying your products is not considered "success" among most advertisers. VW's ads have traditionally been a lot more successful, by challenging their customers, making them think to "get it", and employing a level of wit that doesn't insult people's intelligence.

Lease-V-cross
06/21/2004, 11:03 AM
True. I do miss that VW commercial with the two guys lip-syncing to Styx's "Mr. Roboto" in the parking lot!

I think that was for a Jetta ad.

WyrreJ
06/27/2004, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by transio
He's annoying and insulting to the intelligence of the consumer.
Did we see the same commercials? 150MPH (downhill in a hurricane)? Those commercials insulted dealers and ad firms, by making the lies otherwise known as advertising so blatant that there was no question that we were being lied too.

tomcat837
06/27/2004, 07:42 AM
Guys, everyone knew they were lies. The point was that they were being sarcastic and funny, to loosen people up and get them to warm up to Isuzu. How was this accomplished? well, think about how many years have gone by since those commercials, yet people like you and I still remember them, still talking about them. It is just like a reverse psychology thing, we almost never remember the good, we are more prone to remember the bad and the ugly.

Lease-V-cross
06/27/2004, 08:38 AM
"Where's the beef?"--Clara Peller

Jolly Roger VX'er
06/27/2004, 06:43 PM
I personally am going to carry the famous Miller Lite Beer "cat-fight".....Less filling...tastes great...<rip> <tear> <splash> to my grave!