PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Area Repair Centers?

KristyRemo
06/18/2004, 06:47 AM
Anyone know of any repair centers in the DFW area? I took my Ironman into a dealer to get an oil change & they didn't know what it was. I'm not letting ANYONE under her skirt unless they know what they're doing. Honestly, that's like hiring a hooker that's a virgin. :rolleyes:

tomcat837
06/18/2004, 07:03 AM
Bad analogy... I Virgin hooker would bring you lots and lots of money nowadays...

Dallas4u
06/18/2004, 08:18 AM
I'm not sure where you live in the Dallas area, but I use to live in Plano and took my VX and the wife's Rodeo to Crest Isuzu in Plano (I-75 and Park). I'm not sure if you're looking for a good dealer to take it too or just a repair shop, so I'll leave it at that until you post more info.

I usually got decent service from them, and the wife too...

KristyRemo
06/18/2004, 08:42 AM
I'm really just looking for a good repair shop. Doesn't necessarily have to be a dealer. Just a reputable shop - someone that has worked on a VX before & knows what they're doing.

& lol tom. It's a perfect analogy. A virgin hooker has no experience. Nor would a mechanic that had never seen a VX. ;)

tomcat837
06/18/2004, 08:58 AM
Yeah, but think about it... If you were looking for that kind of action and found someone who has never been touched starting in that "profession", wouldn't that be golden?

Dallas4u
06/18/2004, 09:05 AM
Well, therein lays the problem. I think most owners on here, when needing to service the VX, either take it to a dealer or do it themselves. I was the same way... took it to a dealer a few times, then started doing everything myself. If you take it to a dealer and they F it up, at least there is a paper trail on where it went and what they did. If you do it yourself at least YOU know what you have done and the quality of the workmanship.

Maybe some of the other Dallas area owners can chime in on their preferred service centers. I can tell you this... maybe the service guys at the dealer you brought it to were scared off by the exterior of the VX... not knowing what the hell it was... but if they have worked on Troopers or Rodeos, they can work on a VX.

vxkween
06/18/2004, 09:28 AM
I worked for Honda for 7 years and had many a customer use Danny's Import Service in Lewisville for their repair work and were very happy. I know he does Honda, Acura, and Toyota - you might give them a call to see if they've ever worked on Isuzu.

Danny's Import Service
1098 Texas St. #C
Lewisville, Texas 75057

He's right at I35 and Hwy 121

Whaleboy
06/18/2004, 12:49 PM
The old Hiley Isuzu was just recentely rebought and is now called Ferguson Isuzu, here in Garland/Mesquite off Oates and 635. They take care of me very well with my VX, I currently have an open ticket with them on the oil comsumption. I bring it in every 1k miles and they check it, and keep a record. They're seriously on the ball over there. :)

They're extremely helpful and nice.. Everyone greets me by name!

This is also the same dealership that put in the new shortblock when my last VX went byebye.

KristyRemo
06/18/2004, 01:08 PM
That sounds like the kind of place I'm looking for! I wish my husband could do any work himself, but he doesn't know much about cars. :(

tomdietrying
06/18/2004, 01:41 PM
I take all my warrenty work to John Eagle Isuzu, 6200 Lemmon Ave, near Love Field. The # is 214-357-0700. For just an oil change, I take it to Firestone. That's on the corner of Marsh and Forest Lane in North Dallas. The # is972-241-7651 and ask for Xavier.

Peace.