PDA

View Full Version : Help

chucklee
06/16/2004, 12:08 PM
Please help me.

1. I am comming up to the 30,000 mile tune up, can you guys recommend some to do this in the SE aurora (denver area).

2. I cracked my front bumper :( anyone know who can fix this also in the SE aurora area.

3. Driver side window binds up when it is cold, isuzu service dept on havana states there is no problem and if there was it was due to me because I have those plastic wind baffles, well I removed those, but it has not been cold enough to test, but would still like to know how to fix this problem.

4. Driver seat back reclines by itself, isuzu will not fix it either states there is nothing wrong, anyone know how to fix it.

5. hood latch causes a terrible squeek, which goes away if you grease it up. anyone know how to fix it.

6. Again those rubber strips came lose around the front lights, isuzu fixed but it did it again after a short time, anyone know how to fix it.

7. Anyone know if thy make studded tires for the vehicross.

Thanks guys

Anita
06/16/2004, 02:24 PM
1. I live in L.A. so I cant help you there.
2. There is no "fix" that I know of short of buying that entire cladding section.
3. Silicone spray regularly the tracks of the windows. For a more permanent window fix, check the "how-To's" section of this forum or do a search on "window fix".
4. This is a problem many have complained about, however for most, the movement has been so slight that you dont notice it until after a number of days. I think you would need to find a really nice dealer to replace the seat, and only if it was still under warranty.
5. If you do a search on "squeaks" you will find others who have the same problem and the fix.
6. Covered under warranty, they should replace the whole headlight assembly. I have heard from several that certain bonding agents work better than others.
7. Dont know that one.

AlaskaVX
06/16/2004, 02:39 PM
As for the tires you will just have to find an all-terrain tire with enough tread for them to be able to fit a stud in. Tough to find anything that works on the 18's without going a little larger then stock.

chucklee
06/17/2004, 08:46 AM
thanks.

Guess greasing the hood latch is the way to go, but seems to be not the best solution, will try to disassemble the latch and dremel polish contact points and see if that fixes it for good.

Hanalei
06/17/2004, 08:49 AM
My hood was squeeking too. Had the bushings replaced, problem solved. I also lost the rubber stripping around both of my headlights. One flew off on the highway and the other came loose and just fell off. I guess Isuzu should replace those.

Kahuna
06/17/2004, 09:01 AM
For my hood squeek, I just adjusted (twisted) the front hood springs/stops and it took care of the problem. Every now and them you need to re-adjust.

VX922
06/18/2004, 08:58 PM
" can you guys recommend some"

Tynan's in Littleton for service