PDA

View Full Version : Finally taking the SIRIUS plunge

Joe_Black
01/21/2003, 08:00 AM
Well, the local BestBuy had one of those buy-it-get-it-almost-free deals on the Kenwood SIRIUS tuner with an FM modulator. I figured to go this route for now as I really want SIRIUS but haven't yet decided on the A/V package for the VX. So, now that I have like about 4 components to find a home for I'd love some suggestions from those who may have done this or a similar install. I'm thinking about mounting the controller in the blister just below the stock CD changer as it only requires about 1/2 inch depth. As for the tuner and modulator, perhaps both can go under the driver seat. If not, I'll need a home for the modulator (smaller of the two). I did want to put the antenna on the dash in that space between the pad and the glass, but now I'm leaning towards next to the stock antenna.

Let me know what y'all think, as always any info appreciated!

Joe

Dallas4u
01/21/2003, 08:47 AM
Depending on how small the modulator is, it may fit under the passenger seat.

JAFO
01/21/2003, 12:32 PM
Joe,

Could you tell me what is in the "blister just below the stock CD changer "? Is it just an empty box to make the console flow nice and cleanly to the floor? Or does it contain something?

Thanks,

Joe_Black
01/21/2003, 12:42 PM
I just went out and yanked it off and it covers three harness connections. By my reckoning though there seems to be enough space for the controller to fit there since it's mounting depth is about 1/2". One component down, three to go!

TimG
01/21/2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by JAFO
Joe,

Could you tell me what is in the "blister just below the stock CD changer "? Is it just an empty box to make the console flow nice and cleanly to the floor? Or does it contain something?

Thanks,
The computer is in there.