PDA

View Full Version : Cladding

t2p
06/08/2004, 06:23 AM
I have tried a few products on the cladding ..... to improve the appearance ......
I have (almost) come to the conclusion .... that, like the insert, I should have left the cladding as it was ..... dull ...... whatever .....
but, I do like the appearance of the cladding when treated with Mother's Back to Black ........

Mother's BTB gives the cladding a decent .... 'rich' .... even appearance ......... and appears to 'wear' better than the other products I have tried ...... (sorry - forget the names of the other products I have tried so far) .......
BTB also appears to work well for removing wax from the cladding .....

Child's Play
06/08/2004, 07:40 AM
My cladding has some scratchs on it. Didn't know if I could hide them or not. I have used a Mequiar's product before on my 2003 Mustang GT, so I decided to try it on the gladding as well. This stuff rocks. The cladding looks like it is brand new after applying. It usually lasts 2 washs before I have to re-apply. Just thought some of you might want to know.

.... I believe the name is Mequiar's Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant.

joe-yamma
06/08/2004, 07:49 AM
i have this stuff called 303 protectant that i used on my jeep soft top and fender flares... i liked it so much that i even use it for my dash and plastic interior stuff. very good protection.

i haven't had a chance to do the cladding with it yet, but when i do i'll let you know. IMO this is some of the best stuff i have ever used for plastic.

t2p
06/08/2004, 07:53 AM
JY:
Sounds good ....... A few people recommended 303 .......... and I was able to locate it at an RV place, but the price was high, so I purchased a few other products to try first ......
t2p

omegavx
06/08/2004, 08:57 AM
I mostly use Meguiar products, in this case their "Endurance High Gloss" really makes the cladding look amazing. It lasts about a month and even last through a few rains or car washes. It does make the hood insert look good. The only problem is when it rains it causes lines to form on the paint from where it drains off so I've stopped using it on the insert and instead I just wax the insert which doesn't look to bad.

transio
06/08/2004, 11:08 AM
I used the Mother's B2B the one time I washed my VX (only had it 2 weeks now!). It's decent.

joe-yamma
06/08/2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by t2p
JY:
Sounds good ....... A few people recommended 303 .......... and I was able to locate it at an RV place, but the price was high, so I purchased a few other products to try first ......
t2p
It is definitely available at RV places... My wife got me some for a stocking stuffer from an RV place in Bridgeville I think???

You can get it from their website for a decent price.

I would highly recommend it as it is great for pretty much everyt vinyl or plastic product. They even say it is good on tires. I haven't used it on my tires yet as I am trying to use all of the cans of tire foam that I have accumulated! :D

If you want to try it, here's their product website:
http://www.303products.com/store/category.cfm?Category=7&CFID=853511&CFTOKEN=75870459

Cool website... lots of info:
http://www.303products.com/

If I have time I'll finally apply some to mhy cladding this weekend and see how it does.