PDA

View Full Version : Wheel alignment Nitto Tires

Green Dragon
06/05/2004, 08:43 PM
Researching Tires came across this thread, Any Nitto owners comments appreciated.

Thanks Bob F

"I ran into a wierd difficulty with my Nitto tires. I've put off having my front end aligned too long (7000 miles). I went to a local Big O tires shop to have them do an alignment today. They called me back a few hours later to tell me they can't do it. They're alignment tools would not fit in the bead of the Nitto tire because there is too much extra rubber there to protect the rim. He tried airing down the tires (like they do with BFG's) and he still couldn't get it to fit.
I'm going to try a couple different shops to see if maybe one of them has a better setup for aligning tires with rim protection built into the tire.
Anyone have any advice? Anyone else encountered this problem?"

Ron Pfeiffer
06/06/2004, 05:50 AM
I'm running 285/65/18 Terra Grapplers. My shop aligned mine without complaint, and did a good job. If they had any difficulties, they didn't tell me about it (I know the owner and taught his kid; he almost certainly would have mentioned it)
I am stopping by there tomorrow - I'll ask him if they had any problems.
The only thing I noticed is that the Nittos do "track" some on crowned roads - I pull just a tad to the driver's side when I'm in the fast lane, and to the passenger's side when in the slow lane (which isn't often :D ). But on a nice flat road, I can practically take my hands off the wheel and go to sleep.

Ron

rocket man
06/06/2004, 03:17 PM
I didn't have a problem with wheel alignment either....I haven't noticed any tracking problem with my VX either, such as Ron has experienced and described. Yes, you do have to crab the wheel left or right depending on the "berm" on the road and how its angled but that is what happens with all tires to varying degrees

Mr. I-MAN
06/07/2004, 08:37 AM
no problems w/mine

ISCE
06/08/2004, 04:59 PM
I just got mine put on this afternoon. I had them do an alignment as well, and no problems at all.

I saw Ron's at the last MD/VA meet and loved them, that was all I needed to make the decision. Just now got around to getting them on.

Jay