PDA

View Full Version : Thank You All

Chopper
06/03/2004, 05:02 PM
I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you. Recently I asked for help locating another VX. It was destined for a collection so the standards were very demanding. Ultimately, a lead from this board panned out. Right now a Black an' Grey with 6000 clicks on the odo is headed to this lovely little spot 30 mi. N. of Daytona. It will lead an automotive life of light use and climate controlled luxury, and it has you guys to thank. If you are comming to central FLA. get in touch. Maybe we can send you in a good direction. Or at least spare ya a crappy one. Again........THANKS ALL!!!

WyrreJ
06/03/2004, 09:08 PM
That's not the one from Seattle is it? That one came from Florida with about 5K on the odometer, if I remember correctly.

Triathlete
06/04/2004, 10:52 AM
After a few times driving the VX you will have a hard time keeping it in that garage! Good luck!;Dy;

Chopper
06/05/2004, 04:39 PM
nah.... got the black an grey I bought in 01 to play with. It has over 12000 on it now. Definitely one of my favorite cars. The new one came from Il. We'll only drive it enough to keep it healthy.

AWDriver
06/09/2004, 09:48 AM
You are becoming obsessed old man.:D

I'll have to tell you what I am getting in a few days. In short, mid engine, rwd, yellow.:cool:

Chopper
06/09/2004, 04:17 PM
Hey EK...........NSX? Is it Italian? Nah... with you it's surely some ricer........pregnant girlfriend??? there's a f'n midengine for ya. BAM!!! I don't >>>OH OH OH a 2000. THAT'S IT A S 2000!

azskyrider
06/09/2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Chopper
Hey EK...........NSX? Is it Italian? Nah... with you it's surely some ricer........pregnant girlfriend??? there's a f'n midengine for ya. BAM!!! I don't >>>OH OH OH a 2000. THAT'S IT A S 2000!
Last I checked the S2000 was front engine not mid engine.

I would guess a lotus elise.

http://www.siamcar.com/wallpaper/lotus/elise-3-800.jpeg

AWDriver
06/09/2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Chopper
pregnant girlfriend??? there's a f'n midengine for ya. BAM!!!

Oh dear god no!

I picked up a new auto-x car. The talon is a little to heavy and laggy for a tight course. Taking delivery of a slightly used Toyota MR2 Spyder. :cool: Little mod here and a little mod there and I have a sub 2000 lb. 140 hp sports car. On my budget atleast.

Way cool that you picked up another Vx BTW. Now I have something to follow in when I come down next.;pb;

Dallas4u
06/09/2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by azskyrider

http://www.siamcar.com/wallpaper/lotus/elise-3-800.jpeg

I can't stand it!!!! Every time I look at an Elise I almost faint at its beauty. Its looks and its performance... my VX is also jealous!

transio
06/10/2004, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Dallas4u
I can't stand it!!!! Every time I look at an Elise I almost faint at its beauty. Its looks and its performance... my VX is also jealous! How did you guys get pictures of my car ?! Those pitures are copyrighted. You must cease and desist further usage of them at once! :p

Chopper
06/11/2004, 06:41 PM
I'm 6'4 &weigh 200lbs. I ain't fitting in that Lotus. Doesn't matter how much I love it. Had a Europa(an Europa?) 'bout a million years ago..... didn't last too long. Would go like Hell for a little while, then something would break. It would sit for too many weeks till the part that cost 4 weeks pay, found it's way to Pa. from freakin Bangalore or some s. .Then it would go like Hell for a little while then another $900 doda would break, and the cycle repeats. Luckily it was destroyed uttterly on E. River Drive in Phila. before it bled me any whiter. NOTE: It was an insane blast for the entire 30 seconds it lasted. Just jealous of you jockeys. I can't afford the operation to become 5'7" an' 150lbs. or I'd be blasting to the shop in my Super 7. Love ya

Chopper
06/11/2004, 06:57 PM
Sorry forgot........ the 2000 is certainly a midengined vehicle. the engine is behind the front axle and way low. The weight bias is close to the 50/50 "ideal"