PDA

View Full Version : BEER VOTE - I need your vote for a keg of "Allagash"!

BlackVX
06/03/2004, 08:47 AM
All,
My friend's party is coming soon and we are voting for our favorite keg of beer.

Could you go here http://theking.kicks-***.net:8080/beervote/ and vote for "Allagash" please? (replace *** with the synomym of butt that starts with "a" and finish with two "s")

Why Allagash?
The magic hat #9 doesn't get a good review on beeradvocate.
The New Castle is ok but too bitter to take several glass of them.
BLue Moon would be my second choice because it is easy to drink.

Allagash is a well rated Belgian kind of beer. It is last in the vote but not for long because of your help :)

Thanks a bunch! You can vote once everyday!

Michael

http://www.movies-posters.co.uk/acatalog/simpsons-homer-doh.jpg

Dallas4u
06/03/2004, 09:35 AM
I voted for ya, but you're still pretty far behind... good luck! :thumbup:

Daver
06/03/2004, 09:56 AM
Which Blue Moon? Their Beligian White is not bad, but I can't stand their nut brown.

I'm a big fan of wheats, but I voted for Newcastle anyway. It makes a better party. ;)

-Daver

BlackVX
06/03/2004, 10:32 AM
I'm sure I can easily win this vote with your help :)

Daver, I don't know what kind of Blue Moon he would have but I agree with you. The blonde kind is better.

I don't really enjoy NewCastle after the first one. I'm a big fan of Belgian beer... especially the ones from UNIBROUE.
Allagash is in that ball park.

Please no NewCastle! I'll be the victim in that party ;Dy;

Thanks,
Michael

AlaskaVX
06/03/2004, 11:14 AM
C'mon Newcastle is the bomb! Well, maybe not for a kegger. ;puke2;

Joe_Black
06/03/2004, 12:20 PM
The Newcastle Brigade has been mobilized and your link duly distributed to the quaffing forums, your Allghastly has no hope!;eekg;

BlackVX
06/03/2004, 01:17 PM
NewCastle used to be good 10 years ago when it had a real taste. Now people drink it at 31 degree Fahrenheit in a frozen mug. The taste is ok ...but it changed. It is so short now for that kind of color, it missing something. Anyway, I respect your taste for it :)

Personally, I get a migraine after 2-3 of those NewCastle and I can’t keep up with the crew.

After the dramatic outcome of this vote, I'll drink any of those regardless. :homer:

Andrey
06/03/2004, 01:42 PM
I own a liquor store and DO NOT carry Allagash (their belgian style) beer for now. I have an expert who tastes all my beer before I bring 'em in (I do not consume alcohol). He said that Allagash is not bad but nothing really special to be ALL excited.

Andrey
06/03/2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by BlackVX
I'm sure I can easily win this vote with your help :)

Daver, I don't know what kind of Blue Moon he would have but I agree with you. The blonde kind is better.

I don't really enjoy NewCastle after the first one. I'm a big fan of Belgian beer... especially the ones from UNIBROUE.
Allagash is in that ball park.

Please no NewCastle! I'll be the victim in that party ;Dy;

Thanks,
Michael

Unibrouue is a Canadian company located in Quebec. Their La Fin Du Monde (The End of the World) is a kick a** beer. Well received !

AlaskaVX
06/03/2004, 01:52 PM
Hey Andrey do you have Alaskan Amber? Now that is some good beer, better then Fat Tire for shizzy! Also a local brewery Midnight Sun has some excellent beer! You should check them out for sure!

BlackVX
06/03/2004, 01:57 PM
Whoa, you do!? What a forum!
Did your expert try the UNIBROUE beers from Quebec?
I bet you can get pretty much any of them in MA.

I'm no expert but I recommend the: Trois Pistoles, Maudite, Fin du Monde and Blanche de Chambly. They are my favorites :thumbup:

Michael

Yefim
06/03/2004, 02:36 PM
Andrey , you carry any russian beer/wine? Just curious...

Btw, my favorite beer is Heineken Special Dark. Love that one!!

BlackVX , voted for you - good luck.

Andrey
06/03/2004, 02:58 PM
Yefim, I will have Baltika waiting for you (if you come for June 19th meet).. also I have some wines from Moldova.

Andrey
06/03/2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by BlackVX
Whoa, you do!? What a forum!
Did your expert try the UNIBROUE beers from Quebec?
I bet you can get pretty much any of them in MA.

I'm no expert but I recommend the: Trois Pistoles, Maudite, Fin du Monde and Blanche de Chambly. They are my favorites :thumbup:

Michael

Trois, Maudite, Don De Dieu were voted out. Ephemere made it to my shelf as a "ladies beer" (light green apple sent). Chambly is waiting in line to be tested.

Andrey
06/03/2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaVX
Hey Andrey do you have Alaskan Amber? Now that is some good beer, better then Fat Tire for shizzy! Also a local brewery Midnight Sun has some excellent beer! You should check them out for sure!

will try to locate Alaskan Amber and Midnight Sun. I did not see any of those in local distribution in MA.

If you really wanna play with good beers play with Dogfish Head Brewery (Delawer) and Victory Brewery (PA) - AWESOME !

Dallas4u
06/03/2004, 03:11 PM
Any brews from Portland (or the NW)? You know, Portland has the most breweries per capita than any other city in the US!

Hotsauce
06/03/2004, 03:48 PM
Fave beers:

Brooklyn Lager

Pilsner Urquell

Grand Chimay

However, since this Feb, I have been running an experiment of non-drinking.

John C.

Andrey
06/03/2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Dallas4u
Any brews from Portland (or the NW)? You know, Portland has the most breweries per capita than any other city in the US!

Rogue Dead Guy Ale (Newport, OR) - you will not regret !

Dallas4u
06/03/2004, 04:14 PM
Believe me... you might! ;)

Good beer. It is so great here (beer wise). You go into the grocery store and 4/5ths of the beer isle is micros and imports. Then, the lonely Buds, Coors, MGDs... there is so much GOOD beer to choose from that I have a hard time drinking anything when I go back to Texas!

Chopper
06/03/2004, 04:35 PM
Anchor's Liberty Ale is killer(but I don't know 'bout a whole keg) Spatan Optimator if you want the party to end early and violently(one police visit per quarter,guaranteed) Sierra Nevada's pale (pretty kool) but the vote goes to Flying Dog's Pale ale .....yummy lots o hops

TucsonVX
06/03/2004, 07:46 PM
Could not access your site, but favorite beer Bass Ale, or Leffe from Belgian .

azskyrider
06/03/2004, 07:54 PM
Favorite ... Small Pacifico's

BaM*BaM
06/03/2004, 08:14 PM
And once again the winner is..... http://www.red-sector.com/forums/html/emoticons/beer.gifhttp://www.sierra-nevada.com/beers/images/m-plbeerb.jpg. http://www.users.qwest.net/~pempem/peng1.gifhttp://www.red-sector.com/forums/html/emoticons/drunk.gif

This beer has won countless awards, and including the Consumer Report's Best Tasting Beer Award, many years in a row.

BlackVX
06/04/2004, 07:17 AM
The votes are over! My friend detected the glitch so he closed the poll but made a big compromised to satisfy everyone :)
----------------------
Vote for your beer!
Party: Sat. June 12, 2004
The votes are tallied...

After 2 weeks of voting, 76 votes cast, and minor system abuse by individuals that will go nameless (30+ votes on 06/03? Come on), we have a winner. 2 winners!

Tying with 20 votes each, the people have spoken:

Magic Hat #9
Newcastle Brown Ale
So instead of 1 keg, there will be 2!

----------------------

I'm glad that there are two winners! I will not sip anything from that NewCastle keg ;) Magic Hat, here I come.

I like "Leffe" too! I'll check out the others that some of you mentionned.

Thanks,
Michael

shoota77
06/04/2004, 01:11 PM
Andrey,
I'll try and bring back some of that Alaskan Amber...I know you don't consume but we'll see what your expert has to say about it. By the way, the Dogfish Head was great...that hint of brown sugar, different, but so good. See you in a couple weeks.

AlaskaVX,
Saw your ride for the first time yesterday night...I was heading to Tesoro Rinks and saw you on Minnesota by Old Seward. That wasn't a price I saw on your window was it? I'm up here for a week, maybe we can meet up somewhere (even though my VX is alone, eagerly awaiting my return in Boston)

AlaskaVX
06/04/2004, 01:20 PM
Shoota- No I'm not selling it! Its the track times and the $ sign is because I was in the money bracket. Lets meet up 261-9721 work (M-F 9-5) 345-4639 home (never there leave mesage). I am heading out to the drag races again this Saturday (2-7 or 8:00), I am competing in the points races out there so I can't miss it. But anytime is cool with me! See ya soon. Had no idea you were already here.

Pigpen
06/04/2004, 08:50 PM
Tommy Knocker Maple Nut (NUFF SAID) its from Idaho Springs, CO btw

Pig