PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari VX...

Cyrk
06/03/2004, 08:41 AM
Um yea... ok that is gay to put Ferrari badges on your VX.
No offense if it is a boards members, it is clean though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2481100127&category=6270

http://www.wildcountrynightclub.com/images/vx/leftfront.jpg

http://www.wildcountrynightclub.com/images/vx/front.jpg

http://www.wildcountrynightclub.com/images/vx/rightfront.jpg

http://www.wildcountrynightclub.com/images/vx/leftrear.jpg

http://www.wildcountrynightclub.com/images/vx/fender.jpg

http://www.wildcountrynightclub.com/images/vx/wheel.jpg

http://www.wildcountrynightclub.com/images/vx/driversdoorview.jpg

jorma
06/03/2004, 08:48 AM
Let's face it the VX is a fun vehicle, you might as well have some fun with the badges. The Vehicross is too cool of a vehicle to be sold by Isuzu, don't you agree? Anyway, the badges are just glued on and this VX is beyond clean, it's spotless and near perfect with some great performance mods.
Mike M.

Cyrk
06/03/2004, 08:51 AM
Your VX is nice and clean, but just like when you see a integra with a type r sticker when it is only a gs-r or what have you.

Good luck with the selling of it.

What are you getting instead?

Dallas4u
06/03/2004, 09:31 AM
I agree. Ferrari symbols? Whether you are ashamed that it is an Isuzu or not is up to you, but it isn't a Ferrari. If you want to put other manufacturers emblems on there then no one can stop you... but it's still an Isuzu, and I'm not ashamed of that. Other than that, it IS really clean and looks very nice.

*(I will never buy another Isuzu because of their service and dedication to owners. I am not implying that they build a bad vehicle).

Daver
06/03/2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by jorma
Let's face it the VX is a fun vehicle, you might as well have some fun with the badges. The Vehicross is too cool of a vehicle to be sold by Isuzu, don't you agree? Anyway, the badges are just glued on and this VX is beyond clean, it's spotless and near perfect with some great performance mods.
Mike M.

Did you change your last name? Are you too cool to associate with your parents?

No, the VX is not too cool to be sold by Isuzu. No, the VX is not cool enough to wear Ferrari badges instead.

-Daver

Grimm
06/03/2004, 10:05 AM
Umm.... can we all just face the fact that the Vehicross IS an Isuzu? To say that it's too cool to be an Isuzu is sort of rediculous when the simple fact of the matter is, that NO one else, was cool enough to build anything like it!

You may as well embrace the fact that you love an ISUZU!.... Just deal with it!

t2p
06/03/2004, 10:10 AM
No - the VX is Isuzu ...... and that is one of the reasons I like the VX.
Isu has a rep for building sturdy dependable vehicles that can take a beating ........ (behind their diesel engine rep that is) ........
and they have a history ...... go back to WWII ......... and you will see Isuzu fuel trucks used extensively ........
and with the VX, Isu also showed that they are not afraid to 'push the envelope' .......... I doubt anyone else would have offered a vehicle like the VX ......... ???
....... it's just a shame to see what happened to Isu over the last few years ...... No Trooper, no Amigo, no pickup ......

tomcat837
06/03/2004, 10:15 AM
Either way, if you order parts or get it serviced they will ask you and then they will find out the truth. It doesn't really matter at that point.

I tell everyone that it is an Isuzu, and that it is a SPECIAL EDITION vehicle, with only so many sold in the US. That is what makes the VX special, not the badges or anything else.

Anyway, I have been thinking about de-badging my VX, front and back only. I just won't do it without anything to replace them. Anyone has any ideas or suggestions? I have seen the Titanium VX for the front, love it but feel a little broke to spend 40 big ones on something like that. I will also like to replace the rear with something similar, not just a sticker.

By the way, like I said before, no shame on the VX being an Isuzu, the only reason I am considering de-badging is to personalize mine even more...

Thank you!

t2p
06/03/2004, 10:15 AM
Grimm:
Ditto with a capital D.
I'm still waiting to see a similar vehicle appear on a showroom floor. I will not hold my breath.
t2p

t2p
06/03/2004, 10:26 AM
The limited ......... poor ......... whatever ...... dealer network is a bummer ....... and Isuzu is not great to deal with ...........
disturbing ........
but I basically have began to (maybe unfortunately) look at it another way:

I consider the VX in the same group as ...... a vintage musclecar ...... or a vintage sports car .......... or whatever ...
so - in a way - we are 'on our own' ....... but (at least) we do have access to most OEM parts ......... and this great site .....
so if the dealer network goes away completely, I will not look for the nearest window to jump ......... I'm sure that a 70 Chevelle SS owner does not bring his car to the local Chevrolet dealer to have it serviced ......

Dallas4u
06/03/2004, 10:36 AM
I use to take mine to a dealer for oil changes and warranty service... was never a great experience. My wife had a TERRIBLE time with her last Rodeo, trying to use the Lemon Law to get something taken care of.

After my warranty coverage expired I have done all servicing (that I can) myself.

That being said, I think you should expect decent service when under warranty (for sure) from any dealer.

XCross69
06/03/2004, 10:45 AM
That VX is a very sharp ride....however when you get it inspected/serviced you still have to say its a Isuzu...then it would look odd for them to come out and see the Ferarri stuff all over it. I would rather have nothing on it, then to put a false name on it? My opinion...

Again though, your VX is sharp!!

I can't believe a fellow Missourian is selling out:confused:

Joe_Black
06/03/2004, 10:48 AM
The Vehicross is too cool of a vehicle to be sold by Isuzu, don't you agree?
Ummm, no. Isuzu is a VERY cool company with a fantastic lineage of cool vehicles. Just because they've been hamstrung by GM in their American market is no reason to ignorantly slam them as a whole. Ferrari, while a fine FIAT subsidiary, has yet to produce a cool SUV let alone something rivaling a VX. Let's see the boys from Modena cough something up...

Grimm
06/03/2004, 10:59 AM
It's sad, to say the least, to see Isuzu being kind of fazed out.... Another victim of the great corporate devil that is general motors..... I'm also a big Saab fan.... (used to be... I should say... ) GM seems to go out of its way to aquire companys that have a unique cache' or superior engineering, (or both) only to saturate their (Isuzu/Saab) products with their(GM) own mediocre standards, effectively killing off the competition.... Being the biggest is a far cry from being the best...

Okay... I'll get off the soap box now....:rolleyes:

Grimm
06/03/2004, 11:08 AM
Joe Black,

You're right on! Everybody knows that Ferarri doesn't make trucks..... Lamborghini, on the other hand, now thats another story... Remember that LM200? (I think that's right) Looked kind of like a hummer But with a 12cyl. eng. and could go like, 150 mph off road! A perso could almost pass of a VX as the latest incarnation af that thing!;Db;

I still wouldn't, but a person could....

Navigator
06/03/2004, 11:10 AM
...The VX don't need NO STINK'n BADGES!!! :naughty:

xdfarrx
06/03/2004, 11:16 AM
Well as a ferrari enthusiast myself I see nothing wrong with it. In europe many scuderia ferrari groupies have everything ferrari, from stickers, hats, and everything on their opels, fiats, et al. The ferrari deal is a very passionate thing, and as my best friend owns one and I know a few others that are ferrarisiti, the are veritable freaks about it. Very much the way we feel about our vx's. It is similiar to how some people are about Italian motorcycles which I am also a great fan of. Ducatisti, MV, and Moto Guzzi have very passionate followings. I actually think the vx lloks cool the ferrari badges. I see the Forza(S) around here in LA and they were actually designed by Pinafarina, with the shields and S.F. logos everywhere and it looks liks ****. Doesn't blend with the angular lines. Just my 2cts.

Joe_Black
06/03/2004, 12:17 PM
Were you thinking of this Grimm?
http://www.lambocars.com/highres/lm0012.jpg

As a former Miura owner I don't think I'd be too happy with another Lamborghini no matter what its capabilities, but the LM series is definitely distinctive.;Do;

xdfarrx
06/03/2004, 01:13 PM
I rode in one. When I lived in Malibu we had a very wealthy neighbor. Really cool car. Pressurized cabin, and as you said VERY distict. A far cry from a Murcielago, or Gallardo but a very cool hallmark in Lambo's car production history.

jayfotos
06/03/2004, 01:32 PM
VX with Ferrari bages.....

BLASPHEMY!;)

Grimm
06/03/2004, 01:39 PM
That is the one I was thinkin' of... Joe Black, and now that I see it again, I have to say, it's a damn fine lookin' machine....
By the way, my neighbor (he does high end custom paint work for a living) has a '86 toyota pickup, lowered, and all done up in Ferrari livery... he even airbrushed testarrosa(sp.?) style intake vents on the sides of the bed..... It's not my thing, but I have to admit that I think it looks pretty cool...

Sheik-YurBooty
06/03/2004, 01:53 PM
my VX is totally debaged except for the sides of the VX which says VEHIcross( I kinda like that emblem ) Still no one knows what Im driving, cause they all ask what it is. I tell them that its LUNAR ROVER built by NASA, one of only 3 which was built for the apollo moon launch & at times I tell em its the first Ferrari SUV in the US. Best of all , they all beleive me, but after a minute or two I let them know its a rare model by ISUZU,,,They all want one, makes me feel great inside...Really no need for badges

visconte
06/03/2004, 01:58 PM
..if anyone has Stude Avanti stickers for my car? I want to have Avanti badges for the front and Maserati stickers for the side, I always thought Maserati was better than Ferrari. Even if they were not much good at F1. Better yet how about a McLaren badge for the VX?

transio
06/03/2004, 02:00 PM
I debadged my VX.

I was considering getting LOTUS emblems for the wheels.

But that's cause I'm gonna get a Proton Yellow Lotus Elise and tow it around with the VX. I thought they would look cool if they matched :D

visconte
06/03/2004, 02:04 PM
http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mccagiva/mcphotos/01raptor03.html

Also not many are aware that the VX was designed by Guigaro and Italdesign

autox-racer
06/03/2004, 03:14 PM
The women must be impressed he is driving a Ferrari. I must commend the guy... great idea if you have a need to impress people

Joe_Black
06/03/2004, 03:42 PM
Also not many are aware that the VX was designed by Guigaro and Italdesign
Many are not aware of that because it would be incorrect. Guigiaro & Co. designed the "Ace of Spades" showcar which Isuzu had on the showroom floor a scant year later as the Impulse. Their American branch IDC, ItalDesign California, had a heavy hand with the Isuzu GBX concept as well. But the VehiCROSS was the baby of Shiro Nakamura while chief designer at Isuzu Europe. The VX got him promoted to head of the global design team. But after Renault took over Nissan they wooed him away from Isuzu and he delivered the Murano and 350Z to his new employers.

Now you know why the Murano bears more than a passing resemblance to the VX04...

visconte
06/03/2004, 04:09 PM
...and besides it sounds good anyway, IMHO it is a better urban myth than putting Ferrari stickers on the car.

visconte
06/03/2004, 04:10 PM
...only Raptor East of the MS river!

jorma
06/03/2004, 06:31 PM
When I decided the VX looked too nude with no emblems, my first choice was lamborghini, but the emblems are harder to come by and they did build an SUV at one time, the LM002 (of which less than 50 were ever built....how would you like to get parts for that one?).
I can't believe so many people are upset by me having a little fun with badges. The only time I've driven this vehicle since I finished it was to a large car show. I was not entered, but parked near the entrance to the show. I stood there for a while and watched peoples reaction to the VX and not one person questioned that is was a Ferrari. I figure that speaks pretty well of Isuzu that the Vehicross easily passes for a make that usually sells for $100K+.
Mike

psychos2
06/03/2004, 07:29 PM
i think it looks cool !!! shawn

mrtew
06/03/2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Joe_Black
... the VehiCROSS was the baby of Shiro Nakamura while chief designer at Isuzu Europe. The VX got him promoted to head of the global design team. But after Renault took over Nissan they wooed him away from Isuzu and he delivered the Murano and 350Z to his new employers.
Now you know why the Murano bears more than a passing resemblance to the VX04...

First of all I don't see ANY resemblance between the Murano and the VX. What'cha talking about Willis?

And second, I thought the VX was designed by Simon Cox who's fame got him promoted to head of GM's advanced design studio in Europe where he went ont to design various Cadillac showcars. I know that cars aren't designed by one person, but I've only heard Simon's name associated with the VX and I've never heard of the Shiro connection. What's Simon's relation to Shiro? Did one of them work under the other on the VX, or did Shiro do the production version or Simon's showcar or what?

WyrreJ
06/03/2004, 08:42 PM
I do have lambo badges acquired from a bankrupt dealer's stock via ebay. I haven't had a chance to put them on yet (they will need to punch holes through the metal in order to mount properly, and prevent theft). But my goal is not necessarily to impersonate a lambo (I don't intend to actually use any badges with the word "lamborghini" in them, just a few of the bull emblems and a couple of "designo whatisface" plates) but it is to further confuse anyone trying to identify the car. As it is now, completely debaged people have nothing to "lead them on." With the lambo badging, even if they don't recognize it, they will go home thinking "I want that SUV made by the Bull company," and then when they look up what company has a bull for mascot, they will be surprised. At least that is my theory.

From my perspective, using the ferrari badging to mess with people is just as funny.

PS - anyone have problems with gawkers? I get this in the parking lots way too much, people will stand around (or "park around") my VX as I am trying to park or pull out and with the limited rear view it makes me all paranoid one of them is standing too close and I'm going to hit them while they stand agape. I'm probably just anti-social but that particular expression of curiosity really puts me in a foul mood.

SGT.BATGUANO
06/03/2004, 09:10 PM
How about when you're driving and want to change lanes, but someone's pacing right next to you, gawking, and you can't get over? Happens to me a lot.

I've had a passing desire to rebadge as something obscure. Either to throw people off or to avoid the ," oh, it's an Isuzu" turnoff. I've decided to keep mine debadged and am happy to tell folks what it is......and add that it's no longer being produced.

Be proud, you own a hand built, limited production, concept truck.

Dallas4u
06/03/2004, 10:21 PM
I can't believe so many people are upset by me having a little fun with badges.

I think most the people that posted were just more annoyed with this statement:

The Vehicross is too cool of a vehicle to be sold by Isuzu, don't you agree?

I personally don't agree. Isuzu had some nice vehicles in its time... Impulse, Rodeo, Trooper, Amigo. Seriously, ALL of those vehicles were once considered cool. It's not really Isuzu that has f'd there line up... I believe it is GM controlling that mess.

I'm not embarassed to to show that it's an Isuzu. In Portland you RARELY see an Isuzu with Isuzu badging. You see more Honda Passports than Rodeos no doubt about it! "Isuzu" is actually somewhat rare up here.

johnnyapollo
06/04/2004, 04:10 AM
Simon Cox was the assistant chief designer, but focused primarily on the interior styling (the VX prototype has a billet style center pillar with guages attached to each side, motorcycle style - it also had a pop-up TFT for the nav - Cox is most famous for the Lotus Elan interior).

My understanding was that the principal design lead for the VX project was Satomi Murayama, chief designer/manager at Isuzu's European office in Brussels. Other designers include Joji Yanaka, Andrew Hill and Nick Robinson.

I'm not sure how Shiro Nakamura fit into the picture, but perhaps he was the design department head of Isuzu EU at the time.

A little more information here:
http://www.wildtoys.com/Vehicross/history.asp

-- John

t2p
06/04/2004, 07:41 AM
The name I see most often associated with the VX is Nakamura.
I read in a few places he was the VX 'project manager' - or something to that effect. Murayama could have been a member of the team under him. ???
I also believed - maybe erroneously - that Simon Cox played a greater role in the exterior styling of the VX. I believe he did receive some credit for his role ....... again, maybe erroneously. He now appears to have a great role in the exterior styling of the new Cadillac vehicles.
I do see an influence - if not a resemblance - between the VX and Murano.
I also see the 'future VX' look ...... VX-2 or whatever ? ..... in the new Cadillac SUV .... SRV ? The pic of the VX-2 - Anita's 'weekend car' - has a look very similar to the new Caddy SUV. And a quick look at the Axiom and new Caddy SUV will (should) reveal a resemblance.

WormGod
06/04/2004, 07:46 AM
Eh, so what if it's badged with other emblems. It's a little kooky, but at the same time, it REALLY gets people guessing. They THOUGHT they had seen another one before, and that it was something else, but now they arent sure, heh.

Give the guy a break. Nobody ever tore into me for completely "DE"badging. Nobody ever tore into Tone for putting "5L" on his fenders. It's all pretty relative.... so no more flaming the FerrariCROSS. :p

t2p
06/04/2004, 07:48 AM
How about when you're driving and want to change lanes, but someone's pacing right next to you, gawking, and you can't get over? Happens to me a lot.
This has happened to me a few times in the short amount of time I have been a VX owner.
The VX has this giant blind spot ....... blind spots ....... and just my luck: I have Mario Andretti beside me checking out the VX ........
This is not something entirely new to me - I have owned a few vintage muslcecars - one especially rare - but it is noteworthy when a late model vehicle receives this sort of attention - and an affordable late model vehicle at that.

t2p
06/04/2004, 07:53 AM
Personally, I prefer the NASA emblems and stickers.
I would consider installing a few if I had a white VX.
Install some solar panel material on the rear wing ......... and maybe a panel section on the roof ......... and pretend it is solar powered .........
and in Western PA, that means you would be guaranteed to have a low mileage solar powered VX ........... when you could barely operate it a few weeks during the year .....

visconte
06/04/2004, 01:09 PM
You need to read the Book "VX Concept and Design" by Hillsboro! That book refers to Craig Hill and Tony Steffen who had the car farmed out to Guigiaro before letting Italdesign Concepts have a go, then it was assigned to Nakamura's team. The Japanese frequently have things designed in other countries. This car is an Italian design which is why it so sleek and stylish and "in-your-face" at the same time! There is no denying it these are hard cold facts even the CIA and US gov't can confirm! You don't get any more credible than that DO YOU?

transio
06/04/2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by visconte
This car is an Italian design which is why it so sleek and stylish and "in-your-face" at the same time!
Oh, yeah, because only Italians know how to design anything. The rest of the world is bereft of capable designers. :rolleyes:

t2p
06/04/2004, 03:22 PM
hey hey .......... whaddsamaddayou ? .........

visconte
06/04/2004, 03:27 PM
hey how's about you comin along for da ride in my car? Forget'bout it!

dogue
06/04/2004, 08:41 PM
I had a VX that also had a Ferrari Shield on the back. I also did not de-badge it at all. I was very proud of the fact that it was an isuzu and a Vehicross and the only reason it had a Ferrari Shield was to show my support for Scuderia Ferrari the F1 team. I bleed Ferrari Red and have had a Ferrari sticker on every car I have owned (well except for my first a 1967 Camaro). Sometimes my stickers have initiated comments that are less than favorable, and I have been accused of trying to imply that my Minivan, or VX, or Acura is better or on equal footing with Ferrari, when my intent was only to show support for a race team, and a philosophy of spirit driven automobiles. I also would never try to pass off my vehicle (regardless of what it may be) as something it is not, rather I have always been the type to be proud of what I have and what it is. But I also understand that people should be able to do what they want with their cars and personalize it however they please. To each his own.

Daver
06/05/2004, 09:25 AM
You need to read the Book "VX Concept and Design" by Hillsboro! That book refers to Craig Hill and Tony Steffen who had the car farmed out to Guigiaro before letting Italdesign Concepts have a go, then it was assigned to Nakamura's team. The Japanese frequently have things designed in other countries. This car is an Italian design which is why it so sleek and stylish and "in-your-face" at the same time! There is no denying it these are hard cold facts even the CIA and US gov't can confirm! You don't get any more credible than that DO YOU?

Right...and Ken Okuyama, the designer at Pininfarina responsible for the Enzo, is Japanese. And the head of BMW Group's questionable new design direction, Chris Bangle, is American. You won't see me putting a Chevy badge on my M3. Even if the new 5er does look like a Pontiac.

My point was not that the VX didn't look fit to be Italian. My point was that Isuzu was still responsible for the project, the VX would not exist if not for Isuzu, and Isuzu deserves better than having Ferrari given credit for their project.

-Daver

visconte
06/05/2004, 12:20 PM
Anywhere to get very bright Xeon Isuzu badges for the VX? These should be as bright as welding torches where people need special glasses to look directly and see ISUZU, not worried about lawsuits, just very brand concious.

mrtew
06/05/2004, 09:33 PM

Is this a joke? I've never heard anything about Ital Design having anything to do with the VX??? It's hard to tell sometimes when people are kidding on the internet. Are you kidding? Companies are usually very proud to brag that Guigiaro did their designs and he is proud to brag about the cars he's done, and the VX isn't on his site. Are you kidding?

thedutchguy
06/10/2004, 02:49 AM
Buy a Maserati Kubang !

dutchie
06/10/2004, 06:48 PM
Ferrari what ferrari here's my Enzo! It screams like a 12 cylinder enzo, is as thirsty and probably as expensive to maintain:D

http://homepage3.nifty.com/vehi/SANY0093.JPG

Hoi een andere nederlander, heb je een VX in Nederland? Mocht je vragen hebben, mail me dan even.
Sinds ik in Japan woon, kan ik een grote hulp zijn in verband met onderdelen.

Groetjes,
Serge

azskyrider
06/10/2004, 06:54 PM
Congrats Dutchie,

I hope the child doesn't cost as much as an Enzo ;)

dutchie
06/10/2004, 07:03 PM
I hope the child doesn't cost as much as an Enzo

Ha ha this is Japan, by the tine he's 18, I could have bought 2 Enzo's

johnnyapollo
06/10/2004, 07:52 PM
Beautiful kid dutchie! Funny, he looks sort of like me at that age (my cheeks were fatter I think - same think hair though).

I always wondered what a dutchman was doing in Japan!

-- Best, John

Navigator
06/10/2004, 08:24 PM
...@ $13,000 the reserve is STILL not met for a 1999 with over 38,000 miles. I'd say hold onto your "Ferrari" if you can't let it go for $13,000. KBB does not go that high for a 99 in mint condition you may be pricing yourself out of a sale :yes:

I know how you feel, I won't sell mine for less than $3.7 million US cash. I figure if anybody is crazy enough to meet my price they deserve my VX :naughty: Besides I have bills, and an exhaustive search to find another in mint condition... CHEAP!!! :naughty:

jorma
06/11/2004, 01:19 AM
My "Ferrari VX" is beyond mint. You can eat off of the underside of the car, suspension, frame, fenderwheels, all detailed to show condition. KBB does not take into account any mods and has no rating scale for show quality. Since I've owned this car it's never been wet or spent more than 6 hours out of the garage (where it's always covered with the custom cover (included in the auction)
I've only driven it 121 miles since I've owned it. All of the new stuff has about 80 mi on it (I drove it once to a car show)
I'm going to sell it to the highest bidder anyway, if the reserve is met or not.
Mike

t2p
06/11/2004, 05:48 AM
forget the KBB prices ...... Edmunds, etc. .........
as far as the VX is concerned ......
the VX sales numbers are so low that these numbers are (even) more suspect than the numbers for other vehicles .....
I believe Autotrader.com might have been a better place to sell the VX .........
I did not look at the 'mods', but as far as mods are concerned, mods can actually reduce the price of a vehicle ... of course, that can depend on the buyer, but many people that look for a unique limited production vehicle prefer a stock vehicle ....

transio
06/11/2004, 06:14 AM
He has big brembo brakes. That's not a bad mod :)

Dallas4u
06/11/2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by transio
He has big brembo brakes. That's not a bad mod :)

I don't think they're big... just stock size Brembo rotors.

transio
06/11/2004, 08:15 AM
Hmm.... I guess I was confusing them with the big brembos my buddy at work was looking at. Anyhow, it's not a bad mod. Certainly won'd DECREASE value, even if the increase is only marginal, it's there.

transio
06/11/2004, 08:16 AM
PS - I kinda recall mention of new calipers and ceramic pads, too?

Dallas4u
06/11/2004, 08:24 AM
He put on new ceramic pads and painted the calipers black.

An, you're correct... new rotors can be a nice brake mod. Personally, I would go with new steel braided lines if I had a choice, but drilled/slotted isn't too shabby. Again, I would watch the drilled and slotted as oppposed to just slotted.... always watch for warping.

Anyway, no thread crapping... didn't like the badging, but four thumbs up (4?) on a beauty!!! ;)

transio
06/11/2004, 10:25 AM
I agree, Dallas. This VX is beautiful, despite the badging. I think 13k is a very reasonable figure.

azskyrider
06/11/2004, 11:02 AM
My "Ferrari VX" is beyond mint.
I've only driven it 121 miles since I've owned it. All of the new stuff has about 80 mi on it
Mike

Mike,

I might have missed your post but why did you spend so much time and money on your VX and then now decide to turn around and sell it? 121 miles seems like not enough time to enjoy the VX.
What caused you to lose grace?
Just curious.

thedutchguy
06/11/2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by thedutchguy
Buy a Maserati Kubang !
He , bedankt voor het aanbod dutchie, de vx komt 14 juni aan in a'dam. als ik nog dingen nodig heb voor het keuren hoor je zeker van me!

SpaceTruck'n
06/11/2004, 06:00 PM
Splendid workmanship on just about everything!
The wheels and tires are beautiful. The breaks and rotors are very nice, as is the work under the hood. The level of craftsmanship and attention to detail is uncompromised.
I can’t believe you had a custom slipcover made for it.
Dude!
Where can I get one?
Seriously.
No one can debate your talent as a mechanically inclined individual or dare I say, an artist, albeit a fantastically misguided one.
As far as the grill and hood ornament are concerned, I have to tell you the truth; I was looking around for something different to put on my own grille, and I was thinking about a Ferrari Prancing Horse or a Peterbilt emblem. I was quite surprised and even a bit peeved someone else with the same brand as well as the very same model vehicle beat me to the mark.
Great minds eh?
No.
Dude, I just wanted one.
One shining chrome Ferrari™ Prancing Horse emblem.
One is cool.
(1)
ONE!
However.
It shakes the very fondations of conventional thought as to what motivates a person to do what you did. You seem to have taken debadging and rebadging to an almost pathological level and I suggest you seek therapy.

PS. If you sell it, the first thing anyone is going to do to is to peel that Ferrari stuff off, (kind of like what you did in reverse) and sell it on E-Bay. So why don’t you just do it yourself? I’ll give you $25.00 for one of those spiffy Italian horsys.
Now that I think about it, you should sell all that crap and keep the car!
One last thing: Are you sure it’s a good idea to have anything stuck on your steering wheel? If the airbag were to deploy it could do more harm than good.

Somewhere out there is a Ferrari owner reading all this, and he is laughing until he wets his pants!:D

transio
06/11/2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by SpaceTruck'n
Somewhere out there is a Ferrari owner reading all this, and he is laughing until he wets his pants!:D No, he's wetting his pants because he can't control his bladder due to age. :)

dogue
06/11/2004, 08:40 PM
No, he's wetting his pants because he can't control his bladder due to age. :)

Wait a minute.... I am not that old.

As for the rebadging... to each his own. I agree sell the Ferrari emblems and sell the VX debadged. Only because you will never recoup the cost of the emblems on the sale of the car.

Also $25 is a little cheap, if he has a new factory horse it probably cost closer to $100.

transio
06/11/2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by dogue
Wait a minute.... I am not that old. You own a ferrari?

SpaceTruck'n
06/11/2004, 09:28 PM
Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha !Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!
LOL
ROFWMS
:D

The thing is: By the time you can afford a Ferrari, you ARE old!
Or so my dad tells me.

;)

Soulpower
06/11/2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by azskyrider
Mike,

I might have missed your post but why did you spend so much time and money on your VX and then now decide to turn around and sell it? 121 miles seems like not enough time to enjoy the VX.
What caused you to lose grace?
Just curious.

Yea! whats the deal, Mike? and how much are those mods worth?

azskyrider
06/12/2004, 12:03 AM
You own a ferrari?

Check the avatar Transio....

It is sweet. I had the pleasure to meet Terry and his Ferrari buddies at a local car show in PHX. Terry is still trying to convince me on getting one.

Terry did you buy more Tropical shirts ?

:p:cool:

thedutchguy
06/12/2004, 12:20 AM
no, seriously buy that kubang!
http://www.autogaleria.pl/tapety/img/maserati/maserati_kubang_gt_wagon_2003_02_s.jpg

azskyrider
06/12/2004, 12:42 AM
No, he's wetting his pants because he can't control his bladder due to age. :)

Transio... Terry might be younger than you.. hahahaha.. He at least looks pretty young. His other ferrari buddies also were not the stereotypical OLD owners people might think.

transio
06/12/2004, 07:10 AM
Check the avatar Transio.... Saw it. A ferrari emblem avatar, however, requires ferrari ownership no more than a ferrari emblem on your car, as proven by this thread

Terry is still trying to convince me on getting one. Great. Let us know how that works out for you. Personally, I think Ferraris, although decent performers with an unmatched exhaust note, are overpriced and overly "fat". I would be happier with a Lotus Elise (or Exige, even better) and an extra 150k in my portfolio, thank you (as compared to a Ferrari 360 CS).

Transio... Terry might be younger than you... not the stereotypical OLD owners people might think. It's possible. I'm getting older, just turned 30. The point of jokes like this, though is to pick on stereotypes. Don't take it personally.

PS - Terry, what model Ferrari do you have?

dogue
06/12/2004, 09:14 AM
I have a lowly 308 GTSi and would not trade it for the world. I will not argue the merits of Ferrari over lotus or any other maker as if I have to argue you just don't get it. Much like arguing the merits of VX over another SUV. I don't know how to post pictures, but I have emailed AZSkrider a picture if he would like to post it.

On the Kubang, Montezemolo has nixed the project. I have a brochure on the Kubang, but unfortunately it will more than likely not be produced. I think they were a little too late to get into the SUV market. I do know a test driver for Ferrari/Maserati and he said that they used a VX for R&D on the Kubang. He personally bought one and shipped it to Italy. The reason they had him buy the car here is that they wanted him to do hot weather testing on the VX first.

dogue
06/12/2004, 09:17 AM
It's possible. I'm getting older, just turned 30. The point of jokes like this, though is to pick on stereotypes. Don't take it personally.

I am 31 so I guess I am old and wetting myself :)....

I did not take it personally, just thought I would respond.....It's all in fun.

azskyrider
06/12/2004, 09:20 AM
The point of jokes like this, though is to pick on stereotypes. Don't take it personally.

Transio I don't take it personally. Lately it seems that you are in the habit of liking to pick on people for your enjoyment as I have seen on other threads. You can do as you wish but I can only see habits like this causing problems on this board.

One of the great things about this board is that we all sense friendship wether you own or just admire the VX. There is no rule of having to own one if you want to be a member here. This community has members from different countries and different backgrounds. But I don't think it is wise to pick on people for their spelling or anything else for that matter. But that is up to you.

Cheers,

Terry- Got your email. I will see you at the Car show tonight.

azskyrider
06/12/2004, 09:45 AM
I have emailed AZSkrider a picture if he would like to post it.

Terry did you buy more Tropical shirts ?

It seems you have. Sweet. Magnum PI!
:cool:

http://members.cox.net/azskyrider/pictures/MagnumPI.jpg

transio
06/12/2004, 10:24 AM
Transio I don't take it personally. Lately it seems that you are in the habit of liking to pick on people for your enjoyment as I have seen on other threads. You can do as you wish but I can only see habits like this causing problems on this board. Oh, give me a break. I think you're the only one who took my comment in a negative way. There's something to be said about how one READS something. If you ask me, YOU are the one causing trouble here, and I'm sure I'm not your first target, either.

YES, I made a joke about "some Ferrari owner out there". Is that picking on someone specifically? NO. Is it a jest in good fun at all Ferrari owners? YES!

Re: the spelling thread, I STILL think it's funny to pick on the misspelling of the word "mispell". It's ironic when someone complains about someone else's spelling and in that complaint misspells the word misspell.

If you don't get my sense of humor, you can bite me. I don't need your negativity cramping my style.

PS: this "I have seen on other threads" BS is unqualified. You've seen exactly two instances of me making jokes like this. And BOTH instances were funny. Why would you use this tactic to try to villify me to the board, and in the same post preach about how everyone here is so friendly?

transio
06/12/2004, 10:29 AM
I will not argue the merits of Ferrari over lotus You're right. Ferraris are a unique driving experience. I truly believe they're worth every penny for some. They also have an exotic image that is not matched at any price. Any Ferrari is a nice car. I was simply expressing how Ferraris are not the car for me, specifically.

dogue
06/12/2004, 01:54 PM
You're right. Ferraris are a unique driving experience. I truly believe they're worth every penny for some. They also have an exotic image that is not matched at any price. Any Ferrari is a nice car. I was simply expressing how Ferraris are not the car for me, specifically.

I understand completely. Luckily they are not for everyone, or they would be much more expensive and harder to find for sale. I had a Black VX that I loved and hated to get rid of, but I fell on hard times at the end of last year and ended up having to get rid of it. This year has been very good to me and late February I was able to buy my first Ferrari. I am very happy with my decision. I hope to someday ad a Proton Yellow VX, a 1964 Ferrari 330 GT 2+2, and a 1967 Camaro to my stable, but for the time being I am extremely happy.

And to set the record straight the only reason I wet my self is that I cannot believe that I actually own the car I have been dreaming about since age 10. :)

Also no offence was taken on my end to any of this conversation and hopefully no one is reading my posts as antagonistic... again this is all in fun...:)

transio
06/12/2004, 02:17 PM
I understand completely. Luckily they are not for everyone, or they would be much more expensive and harder to find for sale. Or they'd get bought out and mass-produced and the image would be tarnished and ruined, as with many, many other marques. One thing I'll hand to Ferrari is that they've stayed true to their game. I think Lotus is on the border right now. Only the future will tell if they can bring cars in quantity AND maintain Colin Chapman's true objective of building superior performance vehicles.

PS: my dream stable includes a VX, a T-Rex, an Exige, a Viper GTS (I know it's not lightweight, but it's just too sexy), a Mosler MT900, a TVR 350T, and a slew of other cars no one has heard of. :)

PPS: how have maintenance expenses treated you with your 308? A guy over on the Elise forums just paid over $10k to get his 348 serviced !!! ;eekg; ;eeko; ;eekp; ;eekr; ;eekb;

dogue
06/12/2004, 04:21 PM
PPS: how have maintenance expenses treated you with your 308? A guy over on the Elise forums just paid over $10k to get his 348 serviced !!! ;eekg; ;eeko; ;eekp; ;eekr; ;eekb;

Actually maintenance has not been that bad. All of it, I have been able to do myself, so I have avoided the common $125/hr the dealer charges. I do however know of an independant with a great rep. that charges $70/hr. Since I am using Mobil 1 an oil change costs me about $60 and other than that I have a few issue considering the age (22 years old) that all have cost me less than $300 in parts and just a few hours (plug wires, thermostat, plug extenders, water temp sending unit). Yes a 348 will cost signifigantly more considering it requires an engine out for pretty much anything including a belt change. Mine is old enough to do most of the work myself. $10k sounds very high for any service on a 348 though, but it all depends on how much needed to be done.

azskyrider
06/13/2004, 08:48 AM
Oh, give me a break.

YES, I made a joke about "some Ferrari owner out there".

Re: the spelling thread, I STILL think it's funny to pick on the misspelling of the word "mispell".

If you don't get my sense of humor, you can bite me.

Why would you use this tactic to try to villify me to the board, and in the same post preach about how everyone here is so friendly?

Transio- You got it all wrong.
Looks like YOU took my post the wrong way. Villify? Friendly? Targeting?

If I wasn't friendly I would have not written constructively.

Posting "you can bite me."

:confused:

Nice educated response Transio. I see who I am dealing with. Enough said.

transio
06/13/2004, 09:38 AM
Nice educated response Transio. I see who I am dealing with. Enough said.
Listen up, because this is my last reply to you. You're obviously taunting me to get a rise out of me, as is obvious by your implicit stabs at my education, personality, and class. I'm not here for your amusement, and I won't fall in to your traps. You have had plenty of opportunity to make peace with me for making implications about me. Instead, you have taken those opportunities to make more implications and selectively quote me to try to make me look bad. I don't appreciate it, but it's your prerogative. It's also my prerogative to ignore you.

azskyrider
06/13/2004, 10:02 AM
I see you edited your response from apologies to peace. Peace it is Transio. :)

I am going to edit my response and leave the original wording above in case my response was viewed written in a not friendly matter. .. from giving you apologies to making peace...Peace it is.

Any more discussion between us can be taken off line (PM,Email). No reason to drag this on for the rest of the members.

totallto
06/14/2004, 04:25 AM
Looks good to me!
sweet!
I know Ferrari could have made the VX and sold for more
than what we paid for it!