PDA

View Full Version : my version of a sunroof...

Lori
06/02/2004, 07:05 AM
Well, after nearly 2 years of going back and forth on the
sunroof issue, I probably won't be getting one.

Click on INDEX.HTM at

http://www.stat.missouri.edu/~thombsl/FIAT82/

to check out pics of my solution!!

Joe Black, I know you've had these before, what do you think?

I will still keep my wonderful burgundy VX, this little car
just gives me an alternative for pretty day driving and work commute.
My VX was great in the Missouri winter, and it is all
repaired after the wreck in Kansas city.

I've posted a pic of my VX after repair, which apparently
involved painting door and rear panel on the driver's side.
check out the 2nd pic of my window corner to see how they
mucked that up...I suppose I can fix that myself?

Daver
06/02/2004, 09:51 AM
One of my friends is a Fiat nut. Currently restoring his father's old 1500:
http://www.hitchhiker.org/fiat/

-Daver

t2p
06/02/2004, 09:57 AM
I like the 'Fiat' that Michael Schumaker drives ......

Joe_Black
06/02/2004, 10:37 AM
Beautiful!;Do; You'll love it, just don't let anyone talk you out of those wheels! Those are the original Cromodora and not all of the later model 124's got 'em. While not as peppy as the earlier 1800 Spiders (they stroked the engine for the additional 200 cc's) you'll find it an excellent machine, just keep a sharp eye out for body corrosion. FIAT purchased steel from Russia and a lot of it was poorly processed which led to severe rust problems on many of the vehicles they produced during the late seventies and early eighties. I had two 1982 Spiders and they both corroded on the same body panels, although my '78 never had an issue. Other than that, the only real issues are that the electrical system is susceptible to being cranky when "damp" and the incredibly easy to operate top can (and often will) leak a bit at the top front corners in heavy rain.

Make sure to get a catalog from International Auto Parts, (www.international-auto.com) they're a great source for all things FIAT. I've got lists and contacts for other suppliers as well. Feel free to drop me an email with any questions you may have! Although my ownership of Spiders ended a couple years ago my love affair with them hasn't.;Do;