PDA

View Full Version : If you had to get rid of the VX...???

Lease-V-cross
06/01/2004, 07:25 PM
Which new model vehicle would you purchase?

I'm thinking about a 2004 Toyota Matrix or holding out for that 2005 Pontiac Solstice in Fall 2004.

I want to be fuel efficent but still look cool.

MZ-N10
06/01/2004, 07:33 PM
lancer evolution8 mr....
would be my first choice

but out of the 2 u gave....pontiac solstice. i got a buddy with the matrix and it seems pretty slow....
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY COUPONS (http://www.dispensaries.org/)

Dallas4u
06/01/2004, 07:52 PM
Well, if you're talking about things I can afford as opposed to things way above my means...

Maybe a WRX STi, 350Z, BMW 330i, Audi A4 3.0, FX45(maybe)... I dunno. There are probably more. I love the VX, but as someone said in another post... "I'm not married to it".

mrtew
06/01/2004, 08:24 PM
If you like the Solstice you should wait for it. I've been working on it for the last year and a half and it's going to be the coolest GM ever and one of the most beautiful cars on the road. I got to drive the mules last week and it's going to be fast too, even the base model.

Jolly Roger VX'er
06/01/2004, 08:29 PM
Infinity FX 45 in Red with all the bells and whistles.

Hotsauce
06/01/2004, 09:52 PM
300C HEMI 390 ftlbs stock

http://superdave3692.home.comcast.net/300cdrifting.avi

Thats a stock car BTW...Since the 300 is built on the Mercedes E class chassis there are almost unlimited brake and suspension upgrades available.

$32k base with Hemi, lots of rebates available.

John C.

Lease-V-cross
06/02/2004, 03:41 AM
Ok...........but what if you didn't want to spend over $20,000 for a new ride......what then?

t2p
06/02/2004, 06:06 AM
???
...... the Solstice .... I probably would not go near a first year GM product ........... maybe too many memories of the Fiero ........ (please don't hit me Jolly Rodger) ............ Bob Lutz appears to be making a difference at GM, but he has a formidable task .......
if you want fresh air, how about a used S2000 ............. ?
for a new ride ....... $20 grand ....... or under .......... I might start my search at a Mazda dealer .............. zoom zoom .......

jimbo
06/02/2004, 06:10 AM
Why would anyone get rid of a VX ?!!!!!!!

LOL

I didn't even get mine yet.

Navigator
06/02/2004, 07:30 AM
... 20 years later Nav still has his VX... with Jetson HOVER upgrades :naughty:

My goal is to see how long I can make my VX last, nothing on the market today for under $35,000 appeals to me as much as the VX :noo:

WormGod
06/02/2004, 09:21 AM
I have been eyeing the new Chrysler 300. I am really liking where they are taking that design.

t2p
06/02/2004, 09:37 AM
jimbo ............ welcome
actually ......... it is not too difficult to locate a VX .......... especially in this age (internet, etc) ....... almost surprising (at first) when you consider there were less than 5000 imported to the US ........
the VX is not for everyone ....... and has it's share of flaws and shortcomings ......... and is basically a unique 'no compromise' vehicle .... that is probably the major reason you will see a (relative) fair number for sale ......... including this board ..........
t2p

t2p
06/02/2004, 09:48 AM
.... more .....
jimbo ......... then there is another problem ....... when one Vehicross is not enough .....
that problem appears to be common ........
hmmm .........let's see .......... I would really like to have a Proton ...... but Black ......... but White is more my style ........
maybe I can 'hit' lottery ........ and purchase (at least) another VX .... hey - that would be a great way to test (long term) shock absorbers ......

nater
06/02/2004, 09:56 AM
Toyota Prius, on its way.

Nate

VXMAN
06/02/2004, 10:36 AM
WormGod, I'm with you brother. The new 300 looks SWEET. Reminds me of the Dodge Super 8 I saw, back in 2002 at the Boston auto show. Even though Chrysler said they would never make it, the new 300 is very close. Kind of looks like a Bentley.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/21img_0663-med.jpg

The new Chrysler 300
http://www.chrysler.com/300/features/exterior_photos/img/enlarge_1.jpg

Dave...

Lease-V-cross
06/02/2004, 02:14 PM
Anyone care for the new Dodge Magnum?
I drove into my nearby Dodge dealer on a Sunday and "staged" a little picture I like to call..."MAGNUM VS. VEHICROSS"

I wanted to post it here, but I couldn't figure out how to do that!

Ar-rrrrrrrrgh!

jimbo
06/02/2004, 02:27 PM
>>>>>> T2P -----

Yeah, I bought my VX off the internet, drove to Boston to check it out (from Philly) but couldn't drive it home cause Mass. is one of the few states with no temporary transit plates available. No way to legally drive a car you just bought home if you're not from Mass.

I thought of just throwing the PA plates from my Amigo on it (which say "My Amigo" ) but after talking with a couple MA State Troopers and getting the lowdown on what could happen if I was pulled over (automatic impound of my new VX) I opted to ship it.

Unfortunately I had to find a shipper at the last minute and picked one I thought was good, but now I find out they are not recommended by the better business bureau because of unresolved complaints (mostly about long delays in transit). They are really big and ship thousands of cars a year so I guess having some complaints is to be expected.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed. This really sucks and wouldn't be happening if Mass. had decent procedures like PA does.

What a screwy place Mass. is.

I'm never letting go of the VX when I finally get it.

WyrreJ
06/03/2004, 09:30 PM
The BBB is a rip off. If a company has a bad rating, it just means that they haven't paid the BBB their extortion money (complaints against paid-up BBB members effectively "expire" after a period of time like 90 days, depends on the specific branch of the BBB, while non-members keep complaints on record permanently). Scamalamdingdong.