PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Cad model of VX

Joe C
01/17/2003, 08:21 AM
Does anyone happen to have a line on a 3D surface model of a VehiCross? I've searched the web and the other board and so far come up empty. I'm working on extracting the one that was made for NFS 2 but not having a lot of success so far. Much thanks in advance for any info.

Joe C
01/17/2003, 01:32 PM
I managed to extract the NFS one, would need lots of work to be usable. Still looking...
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~jcreecy/vx.jpg

colmhd
09/24/2003, 11:38 PM
What software are you using?
I work in Maya but have limited modelling skills. But would really like to have a 3D version of the vx.
What is NFS???
And where did you get if. looks like a reasonable base to start from.

Green VX

WormGod
09/25/2003, 03:21 AM
Joe C, I am VERY fluent in 3d Studio Max and if you could send that mesh my way, I will be able to work with it. What format is that Need for Speed one in?

If ANYONE has even a simple mesh of a VX in .max, .dxf, or .3ds, I will be able to work with it. If there are any other formats anyone may have it in, let me know and I will find a way to convert it regardless. :)

AREA 51
09/25/2003, 07:29 AM
Wasn't there a 360 rotational view of the VX exterior somewhere in a truck review? MSN autos ? Hope it helps.

Heraclid
09/25/2003, 05:48 PM
Whoa... there's a VX in Need for Speed?! What edition?

WormGod
09/26/2003, 08:23 AM
Someone had scanned in the views of the VX from the Tamiya model sometime back. Are those still available? All I need are the scans and I can model one out of those when I get some free time.

SGT.BATGUANO
09/30/2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Heraclid
Whoa... there's a VX in Need for Speed?! What edition?

It is, or was downloadable from a site called http://www.nfscars.com or something like that . I believe it could be used for NFS 4.

Cyrk
09/30/2003, 06:51 AM
http://www.nfsdesign.net/index.php?v=3&s=cars&action=show_brand&brand=isuzu&mode=simple

http://www.nfsdesign.net/images/nfshp/cars/big/ivcross.jpg

Joe C
09/30/2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by colmhd
What software are you using?
I work in Maya but have limited modelling skills. But would really like to have a 3D version of the vx. What is NFS??? And where did you get if. looks like a reasonable base to start from.
Green VX I typically use Rhino3D and Multisurf for surfacing. For solids and shapes that are more rational I use SolidWorks (an example) (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=932&papass=&sort=4) NFS = need for speed, the video game. I've seen some great stuff come out of Maya, but have never had the opportunity to use it :(

Originally posted by WormGod
Joe C, I am VERY fluent in 3d Studio Max and if you could send that mesh my way, I will be able to work with it. What format is that Need for Speed one in?
If ANYONE has even a simple mesh of a VX in .max, .dxf, or .3ds, I will be able to work with it. If there are any other formats anyone may have it in, let me know and I will find a way to convert it regardless. :)
I'll send a .3ds of it to the email in your profile right now. The NFS one was in .viv format. I cant recall all of the steps I had to go through to convert it, wasnt too bad though, I believe I used a free app called carcad. I also experimented with a photo gammetry software called photomodeler. I did a capture of the pax fender and hood, if you like I can send you that as well.

WormGod
09/30/2003, 09:53 AM
Cool JoeC. I'll be checking the email. :)

WormGod
10/01/2003, 07:03 PM
JoeC, never got the email. :(

Like I said though, if anyone can scan the front/side/rear view of the VX in from the directions on the Tamiya model, I can model this thing in no time.... HI RES.

Then I can do some crazy mad sheee'ite with it, like make a video of the VX transforming like in that VW clip. ;)

Cyrk
10/01/2003, 07:07 PM
WormGod Tamiya images in my hand... but no scanner at home, as soon as I get into work I will post them!

Can't wait to see it in 3D.

-Dave

Joe C
10/01/2003, 07:35 PM
JoeC, never got the email. :(
:wtfg: I'll send it again, to the addy in your profile (gt(at)bethsoft(dot)com)

WormGod
10/01/2003, 08:19 PM
Sweet Cyrk, and correct-o-mundo JoeC. ;)

WormGod
10/02/2003, 05:06 AM
Got the meshes. Won't work. There is sometimes a problem with 3ds models being imported and manipulation of them gets "wonky> (lovely 3d artist/programmer word). It imoprts ok, I just can't work with it since it starts doing REALLY weird stuff. Never seen this sort of activity with a mesh before, heh.

I will see if Cyrk comes through with the pics. I have a Tamiya model kit that i never did, but oddly enough, the directions disappeared. So much for even building the REAL model, heh.

Thanks though JoeC.

So, is this the caliber that we are looking for? You tell me, cause I can go detail until I am blue in the face. This is an actual render from 3d Studio Max5, which is what I use....

http://wormgod.8m.com/Images/Misc/NissanTrucks.jpg

Cyrk
10/02/2003, 06:30 AM
Wormgod email sent to you...let me know if you need anything else.

Those look awesome! Can't wait to see our VXs in all its 3D glory.

Make mine Black!

-Dave

WormGod
10/02/2003, 06:58 AM
That's PERFECT Cyrk. I'll get to work on it as time allows. I should be able to start today.

Colors are NOT a problem. I have an Ebony also, so I am sure you can guess what color is first. ;)

WormGod
10/02/2003, 07:33 AM
It's a work in progress.... ;)

http://wormgod.8m.com/Images/Misc/WIP.jpg

Cyrk
10/02/2003, 07:34 AM
COOL!

Joe C
10/02/2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Cyrk
COOL!

Definitely cool. Cyrk, I'd like to get a copy of that scan too please.

Wormgod, if you'd like I'll send you an .igs of the 99 wheel. Even if you dont use the wheel itself it might save you from having to make the lug nuts and center cap. It's big though, about 3.5 megs.

Cyrk
10/02/2003, 08:08 AM
scan sent to you Joe.

Spike
10/02/2003, 08:40 AM
Please remove all plastic mold flashing and seams...

Oh and while you are at it, dont forget to make both 16" and 18" wheels ;)

Those Nissan renders are VERY nice... How long did those take to produce? (not render, but design and compose)

WormGod
10/02/2003, 10:03 AM
Heh, I didnt do the Nissan's. Those are part of the shipped package for Max just to show what can be done with lighting and certain texturing technique.

I will do as much as I can. Once I get the body done, I will take requests for wheel designs and sizes for anyone who wants theirs done. Wheels shouldnt be a problem to model. Heck, once it's done, it could make coceptual designing easier so we can see what we would like to do. Such as hood scoops, lifts, lowering, paint jobs, etc.

Good stuff.

MZ-N10
10/02/2003, 10:15 AM
Ive been tryin to get/make a 3d model of the vx for sometime now...because of my newbieness in 3dsmax ive gotten nothing....maybe a rectangular cube for the body.....If you dont mind....maybe u can send me a finish copy of the model. i would love to try to put that car into gtvice and/or gta3 for pc...
________
Sex_Hotness live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/Sex_Hotness)

WormGod
10/02/2003, 12:32 PM
The model I started wont be game compatible. It's got a poly count higher than any game engine will handle.... for the next 5 years anyways. ;)

I may be able to bump it down smaller when I finish the big one though. We'll see.

colmhd
10/02/2003, 01:42 PM
Hallejuah!!!
I've been looking for a VX model for a while.
Would be interessted in getting myu hands on one .
If you have a 3ds model I can import it in MAYA.
lET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO SHARE.
colmhd.

BlackVX
10/02/2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by colmhd
Hallejuah!!!
I've been looking for a VX model for a while.
Would be interessted in getting myu hands on one .
If you have a 3ds model I can import it in MAYA.
lET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO SHARE.
colmhd.

I believe that Wormgod would have to spend tons of hours for modeling this project. I can't believe that some of us have the gut to ask a full 3D VX model for free. I can understand a low-poly version or a rendered but not the original 3ds! I just find this impolite. That's all.

Anyway, Wormgod is old enough to deal with you.

Multimediaman
10/02/2003, 02:08 PM
Count me in on model distribution. I use Max 5.1 daily and would love to have the model as well. Or if I can help let me know.

Charles

IsuZOOM
10/02/2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by BlackVX
I can't believe that some of us have the gut to ask a full 3D VX model for free. Isn't it a copyright violation to try and sell a model of the VX without Isuzu's consent?

AlaskaVX
10/02/2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by IsuZOOM
Isn't it a copyright violation to try and sell a model of the VX without Isuzu's consent?
Good point! Well if ypu guys need anything done with CAD, thats what I do for a living so let me know.

WyrreJ
10/02/2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by IsuZOOM
Isn't it a copyright violation to try and sell a model of the VX without Isuzu's consent? Depends on the origin of the actual model. If it is from scratch than it is no more an infringement than selling a photograph of a VX is - i.e. not at all.

MZ-N10
10/02/2003, 10:36 PM
i just wanted to have my car in gtvice...:( since wormgod pointed out tat the game engine wont be able to support it i suppose i dont have much use to have it other then to spin it around on my computer...
________
Laguna Heights Condos (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

colmhd
10/02/2003, 10:45 PM
Who said anything about free???
As to copyright if he made it it's his.
I appreciate the amonut of time it takes to model this stuff.
I guess you were a LITTLE QUICK OFF THE MARK WITH THAT RETORT.
The word 'FREE' never hit the page...
:confused:

SGT.BATGUANO
10/03/2003, 03:01 AM
Ah, but the scans came from the Tamiya model assembly instructions, right?:eek:

WormGod
10/03/2003, 08:47 AM
Well, there are clauses in selling such artwork. I can sell the model, renders, etc. In fact, I could buy the model from a 3d scanning company and turn around and use it in a game, and still sell it (not the actual model). This I know, because I have made car racing games (IHRA, Burnout, etc).

Thing is, I WONT sell it. I am doing this for the VX community and because quite frankly, it's fun. ;)

It is NOT an easy mesh to build either. I have modeled near 100 cars in my life, and the VX is by far, the hardest. I have a full side view (which I will render and post), but there is much more work to be done. The hardest part is yet to come. It would be great to have access to a 3d laser scanner so I could just put in a built tamiya model and then just do some cleanup work. :(

Updated WIP....

http://wormgod.8m.com/Images/Misc/WIP2.jpg

IsuZOOM
10/03/2003, 12:17 PM
Man, that is too cool! Thanks for the hard work.

Cyrk
10/03/2003, 12:21 PM
Yes too Cool... Thanks!

WyrreJ
10/03/2003, 05:32 PM
Does the chick on the second monitor come with the VX too?

WormGod
10/04/2003, 09:29 AM
Heh, unfortunately, the chick will have to be purchased from Squaresoft. :( My dual monitor setup does a print screen shot all spread like that and I was too lazy to crop everything down.

Won't be touching the model this weekend. Got a big, long wedding to attend today/tonight and then football all day tomorrow. Gotta watch the skins crush Philly. ;)

WormGod
10/06/2003, 06:38 AM
Gotta watch the Skins crush Philly. ;)

Guess I was wrong. :p

back to work again....

WormGod
10/13/2003, 08:28 AM
UPDATE! It's getting there.... slowly.

http://wormgod.8m.com/Images/Misc/vx_10_13_03.jpg

Dallas4u
10/17/2003, 10:03 AM
Anyone who is interested, Maya is giving away a free copy of their Personal Learning Edition software. I'm not sure how fully capable this version is, but is says it allows you to use the full capabilities of Maya Complete in a non-commercial manner:

http://www.alias.com/eng/products-services/maya/maya_ple/index.shtml

Navigator
10/17/2003, 10:48 AM
...Keep up the good work :D

WormGod
10/17/2003, 12:21 PM
It's slow going but it's getting there. The curves on this SOB are so damned hard to get right, but I will have them as close as I can get them. The dimensions are as good as the Tamiya model, so if that is correct, this thing will be as perfect as can be. :)

IsuZOOM
10/17/2003, 12:45 PM
Your work is appreciated :D Having just gotten the Tamiya model, it looks spot on to my eyes.