PDA

View Full Version : Stock shocks 4 sale

Medman
05/28/2004, 05:52 PM
Hey everybody,

Just wanted to give everybody on this forum first dibs on these items. I just installed a new steering wheel and shocks, therefore I have the stock steering wheel w/airbag for sale as well as the stock shocks. They have less than 15,000 miles on them and are perfect for the off-road crowd (I'm more of "street-scene" person) Anybody interested can PM me or hotmail me at:

L_Parrillo@hotmail.com

All the best!

-Medman

mrtew
05/29/2004, 04:39 PM
cool!

TDAWG
05/29/2004, 09:24 PM
Wat streering wheel and shocks did you go with? Post up some pics so we could see.

Medman
05/30/2004, 07:46 PM
Sorry, no digital camera.

Rancho 9000 shocks

Momo Driver steering wheel

tomcat837
05/30/2004, 08:04 PM
Why would you compromise safety with an aftermarket steering wheel?

Lori
06/02/2004, 06:54 AM
Think I missed the sale for Rancho shocks at
sams offroad...

where did you get yours? I've got Sears lined up to
install ($25 per shock) and now I just have to find
the things at a decent price. Sears quoted something
like $257 for two which is why I'm trying to purchase them
myself.

t2p
06/02/2004, 07:26 AM
Lori:
Glad to see your VX is on the road again.
You may want to consider a less expensive alternative: KYB Monomax shock absorbers ....... fronts and rears for less than $200 shipped to your door.
I can't compare them to the Rancho 9000's - I have never been in a VX with them, but I can say the Monomax's do work well on the VX.
t2p

Navigator
06/02/2004, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Lori
Think I missed the sale for Rancho shocks at
sams offroad...

where did you get yours? I've got Sears lined up to
install ($25 per shock) and now I just have to find
the things at a decent price. Sears quoted something
like $257 for two which is why I'm trying to purchase them
myself.

Yes the sale is over, however even at $289.95 RANCHO 9000 is the way to go. Sams Offroad will still ship a full set of 4 RANCHO 9000's free to your door. Unlike most shocks the 9000's are ajustable, and that makes a big difference in fine tuning comfort and control. I keep mine set at 7 and can go as firm as 9 or as soft as 1 by tuning each individual shock. Had mine since March and I must say they are a big improvement. The extra $72 you spend will be well worth it :yes:

t2p
06/02/2004, 08:36 AM
Bilstein may also be another good option ....... they may be more in the price range of the 9000's .........
Unfortunately, I never did get a chance to experience the OEM shock absorbers ....... not a good set at that is - mine were completely shot ..... a *good* set of OEM's would be my first choice .....
$25 per shock for installation is a tad on the 'high side' ...... they are *very* easy to install ...... although the installation of the driver side rear is a hassle (due in part to the exhaust system) .....