PDA

View Full Version : Need One (1) Panel Fastner...

Navigator
05/26/2004, 01:20 PM
... I can't find the dime sized white pine tree type panel fastners locally anymore. It seems as if every store I bought them from DID NOT restock them after I got mine last time. All I need is ONE... Who's got one to spare :thanx:

tomcat837
05/26/2004, 01:32 PM
Send me a pic and I can probably find it here... I'll send you a whole bag, no cost.

WormGod
05/26/2004, 04:55 PM
Ya Nav, I have the same problem. When I Dynamatted, I had a few go AWOL. Had to relocate the available ones to the important panel areas. You may be able to check with a body shop and see if they will sell you some. They keep that stuff in reserve cause they are always losing and breaking them.

Navigator
05/28/2004, 05:37 AM
... Ended up having to remove the panel and take one from the middle near the speaker, hoping that securing the edges would hold everything together, and thankfully it did with no rattles. Not certain if that will have any impact on structural integrity by increasing the load on the other fastners, but for now it appears I lucked out :yes:

Maverick
05/28/2004, 07:40 AM
I think JC Whitney sells them in an assorment box...good thing to have around for times like that...been meaning to pick up a box, ive lost or broken several (not on the vx yet though) ..
I also just picked up an interior tool kit with assoted "panel poppers." Ive gotten tired of stressing panels and breaking clips when pulling these things apart..Well worth the $30 investment i think...

WormGod
05/28/2004, 07:46 AM
True that Mav. I miss those tools from working in a shop. I too should invest in a kit myself. God knows, JC Whitney sends me a catalog every 3 days anyways, heh.

Maverick
05/28/2004, 10:25 AM
I just got finished taking care of my drivers side window bind issue, the tools worked perfectly.. mine are a heavy type plastic (abs maybe?) and they wont scratch the paint or panels. I was a little skeptical because theyre made of plastic, not anymore though, im very happy with them.. got those from Sir Tools, off ebay (seller id "ZDMACK") ..about $28 total including shipping..

BTW, I did break a clip, but not while taking things apart..smashed one when i was popping the panel back in...other than that things went perfectly...and only took me about 45 minutes start to end..not bad considering it was the first time i pulled a vx door panel off....;Do;

Daver
05/29/2004, 07:28 AM
FYI, the Isuzu part# is 8-94385553-0

Come in a bag of 5. Probably cost more than anywhere else, but you'll know they fit.

http://www.partsexpress.com sells parts like this, but I had some trouble find the right size.

-Daver