PDA

View Full Version : Samco Silicone Hoses???

xdfarrx
05/25/2004, 07:59 PM
Anyone mess with these. My hoses are getting faded and pitted from RF and oxidation...Any input.
forgemotorsport.com/siliconhoses.asp?cat=samco
Thanks

tomcat837
05/26/2004, 01:00 PM
RF???

What????

I could not understand your post...

Moncha
05/27/2004, 06:04 AM
Silicone hoses are very good. A little extreme but very nice. You need to use a rubber / vinyl protectant to keep even the silicone hoses looking good.

I wondering about the RF also..

VehiP&J
05/27/2004, 09:43 AM
I love samco hoses. I have used them on other cars and had plenty of friends use them to. They have never given us a problem at all.

xdfarrx
05/27/2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by tomcat837
RF???

What????

I could not understand your post...

(As I understand) Engines put out and electrical charge or RF that causes the rubber to break down and crack and pit. Like an EMF, but I was told it was RF. It is the main cause for aging of rubber lines... Also the closed compartment contributes to this. For instance my streetbike doesn't get this effect.This is why they get so faded. Either way I was wondering if anyone did Samco line in there vx's....

Moncha
05/27/2004, 01:39 PM
Oh, I get it now.. It's a matter of conductivity.. Rubber is carbon based, carbon conducts electricity, to a degree. I heard of this when taking classes from Goodyear back in my parts counter days. You have more problems with the heat and oil than the RF thing.. You should ALWAYS change the hoses and belts on a regular basis. Even with the silicone, you may get more time from them but, you NEVER want to chance it.

UtahVXer
05/27/2004, 01:44 PM
Speaking of hoses, what do you guys think of the stainless steel hose covers?
Didn't know rubber conducted, isn't it used as an insulator?

xdfarrx
05/27/2004, 03:00 PM
Do You Mean Braided Lines...? That is for expansion on lines that are subject to pressure. They look sweet. Not very perposeful in this application, but for brake lines ideal. I got a custom fitment by Goodridge a year ago and it was the best mod I did...