PDA

View Full Version : Long Trip!!!

MIDN USNA
05/24/2004, 09:40 PM
I will be driving solo from Annapolis MDthis Friday To Knigsville NAS in South Texas. I must be report to Kingsville by noon on Monday. It's around a 1680 mile trip. Any pointers besides the obvious? And by the way i actually live in Wichita Falls so anyone in North Texas oughta give me a holler in the next couple of weeks.

Scotter
MIDN USNA'05

tomcat837
05/24/2004, 11:33 PM
I am in McAllen, TX, just a couple of hours south of Kingsville...

RobVX
05/25/2004, 10:17 AM
MIDN USNA

If you are coming through Ft. Worth on your way south, let me know and maybe we can meet up?

Rob A.

Daver
05/25/2004, 05:34 PM
Leave now. Spend three days in New Orleans. :D

-Daver

Navigator
05/26/2004, 10:50 AM
...Pleasure meeting you, allbeit brief @ the MD Mini Meet in Bethesda a few weeks ago :D

As for pointers, check all wiper blades, tires, belts, hoses, and change fluids if necessary. Click IT or TICKET is in full effect nationwide so buckle up B4 Ol'Smokey issues you a financial "reminder" :naughty: Other than that and keeping an eye out for speed traps you should get there with no problems whatsoever :luck:

SGT.BATGUANO
05/27/2004, 09:31 PM
Tire pressure and check oil frequently.

mrtew
05/28/2004, 06:41 AM
Yeah, pump up the tires to at least 40 pounds/inch2. You will get better gas mileage and tires won't get as hot (less chance of blowouts expecially if overloaded) and will handle sudden lane changes better.

Have a great trip! I drove from Detroit to Arizona a couple of years ago and the VX is the ideal long distance cruiser! I love it!