PDA

View Full Version : WAS Wondering about this site...

visconte
05/24/2004, 11:07 AM
Very impressed with my VX but wondered why so many people here are so nuts about their VX's with such an impressive website as this one which is better than most cars. After driving a Nissan Xterra this weekend I no longer wonder why we are so crazy about our VX's!! Besides drinking fuel and a lot of other problems the Xterra I rented had a cut-out on the engine which would cut out over 95 MPH and the Xterra also felt like it was going to fall over when cornering.

t2p
05/24/2004, 12:53 PM
The XTerra - great concept, but something was lost in the translation. Or something like that.

The early XTerra was *very* underpowered. The 0-60 times immediately crossed it off of my list. They did recently offer a SC option, but I'm not sure how much improved that powerplant was/is. It certainly needed the help.
The next gen XTerra - the 05 - should be much improved. It will ride on a larger frame and carry a larger, more powerful engine. *
Unfortunately, I believe it will be sprung by leaf springs in the rear. Too bad the auto manufacturers did not throw leaf springs out the door with rear drum brakes.

* (thats alot of 'largers' .............. )