PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a 36,000 mile warranty

KristyRemo
05/24/2004, 06:31 AM
Continental Warranty - 3 year 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. Anyone know anything about them? I've got 65,000+ miles on my 2000 Ironman, so I figured a good warranty wouldn't be a bad way to spend $1500 on my VX.

Navigator
05/24/2004, 07:01 AM
It's never a bad idea to extend your waranty, I was offered Continental thru my Credit Union, which BTW assured me the company must be adequate considering if the warranty screwed me over or my vehicle I'd loose incentive to pay back the loan ;eekb;

Knock on wood, never had to use it, my issues were resolved under the factory waranty, and my Vx has been trouble free every since. My advice is stay on top of your maintenance. Continental does not cover maintenance items such as shocks and few extended warranty companies do. I've been lucky so far, my Vx is going on 5 years old with just over 40k miles on the ODO and still drives, looks, sounds, and even smells like new:D

Also, be carefull with the years and mileage covered. I have a 7 year 100,000 mile extended warranty. The milelage and years covered start on the date of original purchase (not resale) that being the day the odometer was less than 20 miles on it fresh off the lot from the factory (again not necesarilly when you got it). In short my extended runs in parallel until the end of the factory warranty and did not kick in until the end of year 3 and continues until year 7 or 100,000 miles which ever comes first. In my case I have just over 2 years left on extended. Just make sure the years and mileage you were quoted are for ADDITIONAL years and not years already spent. :luck: