PDA

View Full Version : Colorado 'Zu 6

Locomigo
05/23/2004, 09:05 PM
Okay everyone, you've read about it, and now here are some details, which will be updated as garnered.

What: Colorado 'Zu 6
Where: Ouray/Montrose, CO locations
Why: An opportunity to explore the Colorado Rockies with a group of environmentally conscience, family oriented, 4 wheelers looking to have a good time. Put on by the Trailseekers group, this is the 6th annual event in Colorado for Isuzu enthusiasts by Isuzu enthusiasts.
When: Second weekend im August, at this point we have two date options Th-Sat(12-14) or Fri-Sun(13-15), there will be a forthcoming survey for your options, or feel free to post here.

We are looking into the lodging/basecamp options and will post that info ASAP, think June 9th time frame.

So if you or you know someone that would like to join us for the weekend of scenic, adventuresome wheelin, let me know here or via email locomigo@trailseeker.com and we can get you more details.

And as always, we would appreciate any and all volunteers for event staffing.

Moncha
05/23/2004, 09:11 PM
I'd only be able to attend the Thursday no matter, during that month so my vote would not really matter. I'll try and squeeze anthoer day off out of my seargent.

Nerfzooka
05/24/2004, 09:38 AM
Ever imagine an isolated location of spectacular beauty, friendly natives and abundant resources? Some people call it Shangri-La or Bali Hai. I call it Ouray.

It is fabled to be a green valley surronded by towering mountains on all sides. There is a meadow suitable to land a small plane and a placid lake jumping with yummy trout. Legends say it was the model for the paradisical community of "Galts Gulch" in the book "Atlas Shrugged".

I'd love to see if it lives up to the stories. Let's see if I can persuade my family to leave Las Vegas in August... shouldn't be too hard.

Dylan19
05/24/2004, 09:00 PM
This sounds like an awesome trip! The mountains of Colorado are amazing and the opportunity to explore them with some local Isuzu enthusiasts sound great. I was hoping to take a trip out towards Durango about the same time so I think it will be a GO for me! (Plus its pretty close from Utah anyway!);Dr;

Locomigo
05/26/2004, 09:11 PM

AnalogVX
05/26/2004, 09:16 PM
Seeing how I had to miss out of Moab, I would really like to go to Colorado 'Zu. I won't know which weekend, however, for another week or so. Just so you know, I am seriously considering it.
Umm, any other MWIOR considering this?

nocturnalVX
05/27/2004, 12:42 AM
Not I, buddy. I'll be in Wisconsin with my family durring this event. Oh, well!

Moncha
05/27/2004, 06:13 AM
I put in for those days but my seargent is out of the office for 2 weeks and I won't find out til then if I get it off. We'll see!

Apostle
06/06/2004, 03:36 PM
Wont know till the very last moment if i will be able to attend or not, but thurs - sun would probably be the days i could make it.

Also, there are some nice trails up near terryall res. went up there couple years ago with f150. nice muddin.

Locomigo
06/29/2004, 06:43 PM
Pasted from another site

For those of you that have been anxiously waiting, you can find the official COZU site HERE! (http://www.trailseeker.com/4x4/coloradozu/vi)

Please take a few minutes to read over the information, then click on the button to register. We've set up the registration mainly as a way to keep track of just how many attendees we will have this year, and to help us with the administration aspects of the event.

If you are on the fence about attending, go ahead and at least fill out the registration form and add 'tentative' to the comments section!

To help keep the moderators happy, please send any specific comments or questions to cozu@trailseeker.com

--------------------
Jeff Mason

eclipsetypex
07/08/2004, 05:48 AM
After having spent the first 18 years of my life in Colorado, I think the VX in the rockies is a great plan. I am currently getting out of the military, and will be back home in Colorado by the time this event kicks off. Hope to see you there.;eekr;

Apostle
07/08/2004, 05:59 AM
Welcome to the springs

yal^
07/08/2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by AnalogVX
Seeing how I had to miss out of Moab, I would really like to go to Colorado 'Zu. I won't know which weekend, however, for another week or so. Just so you know, I am seriously considering it.
Umm, any other MWIOR considering this?

Rich, are you still considering this event?
I would love to MAYBE go for it, and need to know if someone from MWIOR would too...
Something tells me I am going to need long away from my family after my mom goes back to the old country LOL

AnalogVX
07/08/2004, 10:44 PM
Yes, I am still considering this. My daughter needs some vacation time with me. IF we go I will have to give up some 4-low time for some 4-leg time! She's really into horses. And I believe there are day trips with the 4 legged friends. I am still in the planning stage, gotta see if I can get time from work and some extra cash and talk her into tent camping. But yea, I am still considering this.

yal^
07/09/2004, 10:15 AM
I may just be up for it if you are going. It's a choice I have to make, so I'll keep you posted.
Would anyone else from IL be going? I would like to know how many VX from our area is interested.

TucsonVX
11/18/2004, 06:56 PM
Would of like to of gone to this meet, will make plans to do it in 2005.

see ya

Narsus
01/28/2005, 07:26 AM
I'd only be able to attend the Thursday no matter, during that month so my vote would not really matter. I'll try and squeeze anthoer day off out of my seargent.

Holy cow Moncha... I never realized you were in Pueblo. I just got off a project in Pueblo that had me down there for roughly 5 months. Was bored out of my skull the whole time.

Anyway, wish I could've made this event, I'll definintely try to make the next one.

Moncha
01/28/2005, 08:34 AM
Bored in Pueblo??? No WAY!! Keith will get the info together for the next Colorado Zu and let us know. With as many of that we have in Colorado now, we need to make a date this summer for a nice ride.