PDA

View Full Version : Power window mayhem

WormGod
05/23/2004, 05:05 PM
So, as my Irish luck would have it, my passenger side power window went to jesus-land I believe.

I was zapping my window rails with some lube so the windows would slide better, and upon testing it, they worked great. So, I put the door panels back in and went to head off to Starbucks for a good old black tea lemonade. Well, the passenger side window didnt go up when I went to put on the A/C. I figured maybe I forgot to reattach the harness, so I dismantled the door again and looked. It was hooked up. So, I reverse engineered everything I MAY have done, and saw nothing out of place. The power lock worked, but the window motor didn't seem to be getting juice. Needless to say, dark storm clouds were rolling in at this point, so I whipped out the plastic and tape and taped up the window. It calls for this crappy weather again much of the week, so I guess this will be my first call to the dealer EVER for my VX, in over 2 years.

I can only think of the window motor at this point. Considering I didnt touch anything except to lube the rails. Even worked better after I tested it. Pretty baffling is you ask me. Just odd that it would just SUDDENLY decide to go out on me. I am hoping good old ISUZU doenst fight me on it with warranty issues, since the door is Dynamatted and houses aftermarket speakers. We will see.

VX4EJR
05/23/2004, 05:17 PM
Hey did you happen to check if the passenger window lock button was pressed in on the driver's side door console?

WormGod
05/23/2004, 10:38 PM
Heh, ya, I did. First thing I looked at. No need to hand out a Darwin to this guy.... just yet. ;)

WormGod
05/24/2004, 08:16 AM
Well, lemme say, I am being taken care of VERY well by the dealer thus far. They accepted my VX with open arms, set me up and had a loaner prepared for me, and pulled it right into the shop when I pulled in.

Before I left there to go to work, a tech came into the office and asked me to come and look at something. I thought "Oh ****e". He asked me if I had ever noticed anything odd about my radio antenna. I couldnt thing of anything, especially since I had waxed my roof last Sunday and it looked fine to me. Well, he reached up and unscrewed it and showed it to me. It was melted 1/2 way down! He seems to think that lightning may have struck my VX and hit the antenna this past week. We did have thunderstorms all week, so I guess it's possible. He said he would run a full diagnostic to make sure there was no electrical damage, if in fact that is what happened. Uhg, so I am keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

The good thing is, if the window motor does have a problem, they have all the parts in stock. And if that is all that is wrong, I will have it back today. I will share the rest of this experience with a "so far" good dealer. :)

WormGod
05/24/2004, 10:26 AM
Got it back already!

Dropped off at 8am and back in my hands at 1pm. Turns out there was a corroded wire going to the power window celenoid in the passenger side door. I must have bumped it when I greased up the rails and kocked it loose. All good now. Didn't cost me a penny and the loaner was "on the house".

Even threw in a new antenna. :)