PDA

View Full Version : Greetings all. Just bought my '99. Can't figure out if it is an Ironman or not!

Mabry
05/21/2004, 09:55 PM
Greetings :)

I've been reading the forums for a little while as I was researching the vehicle. This forum partially aided in my choice to buy.

One question though...

Is my vehicle an Ironman?

I know the Ironman's had the black/red interior and mine does as well. The only thing is, it doesn't have the ironman decals on the outside under the VehiCROSS decal. Also it is black unlike the white pictures I've seen of the Ironman.

Any ideas?

Thanks much. :)

-Lester Mabry
Houston, TX

Mabry
05/21/2004, 09:58 PM
Another thing I'd like to note is the seats, steering wheel, and door panels do not appear as if they were put in after market as they appear slightly worn as they should for the vehicle's age.

Kahuna
05/21/2004, 10:08 PM
The Ironman only come in White. Also on the seats, the ironman logo is embedded into the upper part of the seat. Alot of Vx'er will debadge the outside so look at the seats. But when it comes down to it, it only comes in Victory White.

Mabry
05/21/2004, 10:15 PM
Strange...maybe the last owner did reapholster the seats.

I didn't think non Ironmans came with black and red interior.

Anita
05/21/2004, 10:21 PM
The red/blk interior came standard on all ironmen, ebony and astral silver up and including the model year 99. Starting in 2000 more color options were offered for the exterior (Proton, Foxfire, Green Mica and Kaiser) and the gry/blk interior option was added.

All Ironmans came with the blk/red interior but their seat backs have the imbossed ironman logo.

Mabry
05/21/2004, 10:25 PM
I see. Thank you for clarifying.

technocoy
05/21/2004, 11:58 PM
it's not an ironman. unless it was painted black, which would make it, not an ironman. But congrats on the VX!!! the ebony's are mean looking!

technocoy

AnalogVX
05/22/2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by technocoy
it's not an ironman. unless it was painted black, which would make it, not an ironman. But congrats on the VX!!! the ebony's are mean looking!

technocoy

Welcome to the family! And Astrals are the best looking!;)

nocturnalVX
05/22/2004, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by AnalogVX
Welcome to the family! And Astrals are the best looking!;)

Uh oh... here we go! :flame:
Now Rich... you know Ebonys are the most wicked of all VXes! :cool!:
Oh, and let's not even start with the whole "Proton envy" thing... M'kay? :rotate:

tomcat837
05/22/2004, 06:14 AM
If I am not mistaken, Astrals are the ORIGINAL ones... everything else is a "clone".

LOL

;eekb; ;eekb; ;eekb; ;eekb; ;eekb; ;eekb; ;eekb; ;eekb;

Jolly Roger VX'er
05/22/2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by tomcat837
If I am not mistaken, Astrals are the ORIGINAL ones... everything else is a "clone".

LOL

;eekb; ;eekb; ;eekb; ;eekb; ;eekb; ;eekb; ;eekb; ;eekb;

funny....I always thought my VX's D.N.A. was gene spliced with genetic material from one of those I-MAN TIMEX Watches before it was cloned! ;eekb;

XCross69
05/22/2004, 07:31 AM
I have a 99 White "Ironman" however my seats do not have the IRONMAN logo in them??? which is odd I think......:confused:

Anita
05/23/2004, 12:19 AM
That is VERY odd.. hmmm:confused:

Maybe the front seats were replaced at some point?

Moncha
05/24/2004, 10:39 AM
First, Welcome to the family!! You will enjoy your ride!!

Second,

Originally posted by nocturnalVX Oh, and let's not even start with the whole "Proton envy" thing... M'kay? :rotate:

Proton Envy!!
I suffered that and had to trade my Astral for the Proton!! HAHAHAHA:!: :!: :!: :!: :dance: :clap: :dance:

Anita
05/24/2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Moncha
First, Welcome to the family!! You will enjoy your ride!!

Second,

Proton Envy!!
I suffered that and had to trade my Astral for the Proton!! HAHAHAHA:!: :!: :!: :!: :dance: :clap: :dance:

Yes, but once you go black... :bwgr:

(Sorry, just couldnt resist)