PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Meet & VXC update...

ron
05/21/2004, 05:03 PM
hey guys and gals...

My family and I will be driving down to San Diego for an overdue mini-vacation on Thursday, June 24th and head back to the bay area by the following Monday, June 28th. I'd like to meet w/ any fellow VXers on Saturday, the 26th, while we're down there. I plan to bring 3 prepaid skidplates and other accessories to the owners in the area. Be great to see familiar and new faces of the VX family. Let me know if this is good for anyone who can make it.

As an VXC update, I'm shipping 5 skidplates this weekend and have about 13 to finish up. I thought I can finish all by this end of the month. But, it looks like I won't start shipping the remaining batch til the 2nd week of June. I'll be contacting the remaining owners of the prepaid plates for final color choice and shipping address.

Once I finish and ship out all VX accessories, I plan to cram whatever time I can spare into designing and producing new stuff that I have had in mind for a while. Depending on schedule and time availability, I hope to be able to bring the results down to San Diego. We'll see.

Anyway, let's hear from ya'. ;)

Kahuna
05/21/2004, 08:54 PM
Okay all West Coast VX'ers.

We are going to have a mini-meet. Give me some ideas and I'll see if I can it together. No matter what we will have a group BBQ at Mission Beach. Make sure your VX's are nice and polished for a group photo.

Please confirm with me so I can get a running number of what type of space we will need. Mission Bay can get pretty crowded and I will try to get a permit so we know we have space.

My email is: Boheri@prodigy.net

Your name:
# in your party:
Will you need hotel reservations:

add. info:

Later I will sent out directions and any hotel information you may need.

Bobbi:biggroup:

KILNA
05/22/2004, 12:07 PM
I'm located in San Marcos in northern San Diego county. I'd really love to meet up. I saw a silver VX at the corner of Midway and Rosecrans last weekend, anyone here?

Kahuna
05/24/2004, 11:16 AM
Okay, people are starting to check in. We still need more. It's going to be a fun-filled day. I have spoken to a couple of potential sponsor (off-road company's) that might be willing to give me some things to give-away.

COME ON OUT!!!

Look at the 2nd post, one below Ron's. I'm putting a list together.

VCAMILO
05/24/2004, 06:28 PM
Hum... keep talking.

Kahuna
05/24/2004, 08:34 PM
Blah...Blah...Blah...Blah... At least I'm talking;Db; Anyhow, I've spoken to Off Road Warehouse, the largest off-road store here in San Diego. Ask them if they want to sponsor a give-away, They asked me what was I lookin for. I said really big tires, shocks, service, foglights, 4 point seatbelt/harness, custom this and that....at that point he told me to stop. I also said as little as a $5.00 girt cert. Okay, we got along and after speaking for a while he said he might want to help. He told me to call back in a week after he spoke with some people. Left messages with Discount tire, In & Out Burgers.

Hey Tone, Hey Ron...wanna be a sponsor at our VX meet:naughty: SERIOUSLY!!!

We'll see. Who knows might get a million bucks...might not get anything at all.

Okay, people are starting to check in. We still need more. It's going to be a fun-filled day. I have spoken to a couple of potential sponsor (off-road company's) that might be willing to give me some things to give-away.

COME ON OUT!!!

Look at the 2nd post, one below Ron's. I'm putting a list together.:

Kahuna
05/25/2004, 02:18 PM
As of right now...we have 5 VX's and at least a dozen people. I know I have still not heard from Anita...Bill Brown and many other So Cal Vx'ers. What about you Az people...let's say it "ROADTRIP", good, I know you could.

COME ON OUT!!!

Look at the 2nd post, one below Ron's. I'm putting a list together.:

Anita
05/25/2004, 04:07 PM
Bobbi et all,

Sorry I havent sign on yet... there might be a chance that my group will be at the House of Blues that weekend. As soon as I know one way or another I will let y'all know.;Dr; ;Dr;

Bill Brown
05/25/2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Anita
Bobbi et all,

Sorry I havent sign on yet... there might be a chance that my group will be at the House of Blues that weekend. As soon as I know one way or another I will let y'all know.;Dr; ;Dr;

Hmmm. Kinda knocks my assumption that Anita is a classical orchestra singer. Previously, I pictured Anita belting out tunes in a formal gown accompanied by a full orchestra. I guess her classy black VX lent to her formal aura. :confused:

I'm still in the undecided column about venturing down from Middle California. It's a full day drive from Clovis to San Diego.

Swordy
05/25/2004, 10:39 PM
Please send me the where and whens when you have them ready. I would like to go too.
Andy

andy_miller_iii@hotmail.com

sveltax
05/26/2004, 07:49 AM
I have relatives in SD so I would only need the meet information, no need for a hotel for me. ;Dy; Anyone mind if an Axiom shows up?

Triathlete
05/27/2004, 10:07 AM
I'll be torturing myself (in a good way) in Idaho that weekend. Thats race weekend....Ironman Couer d'Alene. But, I have emailed most of the Zonies and let them know about the SD "escape the heat" meet!:flame2:

Kahuna
05/27/2004, 10:53 AM
Triathlete- GOOD LUCK

We are going to have a mini-meet. Give me some ideas and I'll see if I can it together. No matter what we will have a group BBQ at Mission Beach. Make sure your VX's are nice and polished for a group photo.

Please confirm with me so I can get a running number of what type of space we will need. Mission Bay can get pretty crowded and I will try to get a permit so we know we have space.

Your name:
# in your party:

add. info:

Kahuna
05/29/2004, 07:22 AM
As of May 29, these are the VX'ers that have checked in with me. We're doing great, but we would like ALOT more to join us. Any AZ VX'ers coming on out?

GOING
Kahuna plus 1
Kilna plus 1 or 2
Ron (VXC) plus ?
Rickshaw plus ?
Swordy plus ?
Sveltax plus ?
Chris plus ?

not sure yet
Anita

Can't..but would love to go
Triathltb

Your name:
# in your party:

add. info:

Kahuna
06/03/2004, 03:20 PM
As of June 3, these are the VX'ers that have checked in with me. We're doing great, but we would like ALOT more to join us. Any AZ VX'ers coming on out?

GOING
Kahuna plus 1 :thumbup:
Kilna plus 1 or 2 :thumbup:
Ron (VXC) plus 3 :thumbup:
Rickshaw plus ? :thumbup:
Swordy plus ? :thumbup:
Sveltax plus ? :thumbup:
Chris plus ? :thumbup:

not sure yet
Anita :?:

Triathltb :thumbdn:
Jaimie (Ticklefinger):thumbdn:

We are going to have a mini-meet coming up on June 26 . We're having a group BBQ at Mission Beach, some vollyball, liquid accustements a little VX comparison or contest or two....COME ON OUT!!! . Make sure your VX's are nice and polished for a group photo.

Here is what I need to know!
Your name:
# in your party:
Anything I can help you out with while staying in S.D

Later I will sent out directions and any hotel information you may need. Tell all your VX buddies to join us.

Anita
06/07/2004, 09:03 AM
I'm not gonna be able to make it once again. :cryb: On the 26th, my group is gonna be performing at the premiere opening of a new night club which will occupy the Aqua Dome in Long Beach. Formerly the home of the Spruce Goose, it now will be the home for the largest night club in North America. Last night, I got confirmation that our group is going on.

Bobbi, I am sorry that I once again am not able to come and meet you and the other So Cal owners. Thanks for putting the meet together. I know that I will be missing out on a lot of fun.

StinkBug
06/09/2004, 01:04 AM
So is this little get together just for VXs or are the rest of us welcome too. With any luck I'll have Stinkys fuel pump fixed by then and would love to drive down and meet you guys.

Dallas

Kahuna
06/09/2004, 07:47 AM
Although it is primarily a VX kinda thing...everybody is invite. Look at my post avove. It has my email and information I need. Very soon, I'm sending out information.

Hope to see you there.

Kahuna

Anita
06/09/2004, 09:24 AM
Dallas, its time to work on this again...

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3065/7148brushbar_front.jpg

StinkBug
06/10/2004, 09:42 PM
You're very right Anita. On that note I should have some new VX product to show off by then ;)

Dallas

Kahuna
06/11/2004, 01:49 PM
As of June 11, these are the VX'ers that have checked in with me. We're doing great, but we would like ALOT more to join us. Any AZ VX'ers coming on out?

GOING
Kahuna plus 1 :thumbup:
Swordy plus ? :thumbup:
Sveltax plus 1 :thumbup:
StinkBug :thumbup:

Triathltb :smack:
Jaimie (Tinglefinger) :smack:
Anita:smack:

We are going to have a mini-meet coming up on June 26 . We're having a group BBQ at Mission Beach, some vollyball, liquid accustements a little VX comparison or contest or two....COME ON OUT!!! . Make sure your VX's are nice and polished for a group photo.

Your name:
# in your party:

Later I will sent out directions and any hotel information you may need. Tell all your VX buddies to join us....even Amigo friends.

sveltax
06/12/2004, 10:02 AM
I'll be plus one, my brother. Looking forward to this meet!

ctp
06/12/2004, 02:18 PM
I'll be there, and probably my wife. Of course, I'll bring my VX and it's broken-*** CD player.

Kahuna
06/17/2004, 07:40 AM
DIRECTIONS TO MEET: For all those going, I will be sending out these directions plus any new information via email. I still don't have everybody's email address so I want to post it here just in case. Should you need to, here is my home phone (858) 587-9147

WHERE: MIssion Bay Park
Time: 10am till ??
Date: June 26 - Saturday

5 fwy SOUTH, exit at CLAREMONT DR / EAST MISSION BAY stay in LEFT lane), at STOP SING make a LEFT, almost immediately make a RIGHT into DE ANZA COVE (mission bay dr.), at the first DRIVEWAY make a LEFT into the parking area. Vier to the left and look for the VX's.

We are just north/east of the Basketball courts / playground. Look for a grouping a small 10ft Palm trees. IF you have a portable BBQ- please let me know and bring it with you. There are no BBQ at the site.

For those who want to enjoy the bay via watersports. CP Watersports on the Mission Bay is located just south of where we will be at. If you would like to get prices on Sailboats,Ski Boats, Wave Runners, Hobie Cat, Kayaks, sailboards, bicycles or rollerblade rentals here is thier phone number 619.275.8945

Kilna - I may need your help in reserving spaces for our VX friends, call me.

As of June 17, these are the VX'ers that have checked in with me. We're doing great, but we would like ALOT more to join us. Any AZ VX'ers coming on out?

GOING
Kahuna plus 1 ::thumbup:
Swordy plus 3 :thumbup:
Sveltax plus 1 :thumbup:
StinkBug :thumbup:
CTP:thumbup:
Azskyrider:thumbup:
Tiggergreen:thumbup:

Can't, but would love to go
Triathltb :smack:
Jaimie (Tinglefinger) :smack:
Anita :smack:

Your name:
# in your party:

Later I will sent out directions and any hotel information you may need. Tell all your VX buddies to join us....even Amigo friends.

tiggergreen
06/17/2004, 12:44 PM
I'm here in San Diego looking for a job. So I'll probably be able to come to the meet. I don't know if my wife will be here by then, but there is a possibility. I have my custom blue VX with me and I'll bring it to the meet freshly washed...

Looking forward to meeting others in the area...

Brent

Kahuna
06/17/2004, 09:50 PM
Better be there!!!!! What would our picture be with a custom blue VX!!!

tiggergreen
06/18/2004, 10:01 AM
Ok, ok - I'll do my best :)

Just eight more days to go...

Brent

Swordy
06/18/2004, 02:37 PM
Mee, +3

azskyrider
06/19/2004, 03:44 PM
Hello Kahuna,

I will be there to first help my Cousin move but regardless I don't mind helping out bringing food,drinks or send $$. Sending $$ would be better for me as I will be needing space to transport furniture and I don't know San Diego well enough.

Just checking and thought I would offer any help.

Cheers,

Anita
06/19/2004, 04:22 PM
I am really hoping that our group is going on early at this music festival on Saturday in Long Beach so I can run down and still meet with you. The festival runs from noon to midnight... we dont know yet our performance time and may not until the day of the show. I have Ron's cell number so I can try to stay in touch. The meet sounds like a blast!:lookr:

Our Gig! (http://acropolisrpm.com/newevent.htm)

StinkBug
06/24/2004, 12:47 AM
well as much as I was looking forward to this, it looks like i'm not gonna make it. :( Looks like I'm taking a surprise trip to Phoenix tomorrow to pick up a wrecked truck for a friend. In the end it will be a good thing though, this friend happens to own a machine shop and is going to help me out with some new products for you guys. Hope you all have fun, be sure to take lots of pics.

Dallas

Kahuna
06/24/2004, 06:43 AM
Hi All,

Sorry I have not gotten back to everybody. I've been teaching 2 soccer camps this entire week from 8am to 8pm. By the time I get home I'm exhausted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow, the directions are posted above. I will try to get out a mapquest soon.

You will need to bring your own food selection with you. I will be providing drinks (sodas-water) for all. Beer you will need to bring yourself. Bumble V-X will be bringing paper plate, forks and stuff along with (I think), some rolls and Patato Salad. If somebody wants to bring a watermelon or two, maybe some freash fruit or another type of salad, that would be great. Somebody may want to bring some cookies or something for a quick desert. I'm still trying to lacate a BBQ. Do any of you have one that you can bring to the meet? Oh...anybody have a basketball?

If so, please post right here on this page what you can bring with you.

EXAMPLE:

KAHUNA- Drinks, sodas, Ice, Pugg goals for a soccer game (if anybody wants to). Cups

sveltax
06/24/2004, 08:41 PM
I'll bring the easy dessert. Cookies, brownies, maybe a pie or so, plus a case of Mexican beer (most likely Pacifico).

Any idea yet if there will be a BBQ at the meet? I'd like to bring a slab of meat to consume!

Kahuna
06/24/2004, 10:19 PM
Hi ALL,

I just bought a BBQ for our meet. It's not hugh but it will do just fine.

So........bring your favorite meet or chicken or...veggie whatever and enjoy.

ron
06/25/2004, 09:31 AM
hey all...

Just updating that we're in a motel somewhere in Coalinga (?) about 2/3 of the way down to SD. Should arrive at our destination (Cindy's sister house) some time tonight with all the baby stops we will be making along the way.

Anyway, we can bring get some watermelon and other fruits for the BBQ if no one else is getting those.

Looking forward to seeing new as well as veteran owners tomorrow!

Hope to see you Anita, Lisa K, and the rest of the So. Cal crew! ;)

Kahuna
06/25/2004, 05:35 PM
If anybody needs to call me my hm ph is 858.587.9147

We have a BBQ so bring your meets!!!!

BumbleV-X
06/25/2004, 06:05 PM
I've got the plates, forks, knives, napkins, rolls, and potato salad covered.

Had a long hard look at our "OLD" portable BBQ. Rust ate it up... sorry.

We plan on leaving this area around 6:30 - 7:00am. (Bringing a few teenagers so most likely closer to the 7:00am).

Anita..... call me on my cell if you can make it. I MISS YOU!

Deby

ctp
06/25/2004, 07:07 PM
I'm not going to be able to make it. I'll be doing Marine Corps things. I'm not too happy.

Kahuna
06/25/2004, 09:39 PM
IMPORTANT INFORMATION
DIRECTIONS TO MEET: For all those going, I will be sending out these directions plus any new information via email. I still don't have everybody's email address so I want to post it here just in case. Should you need to, here is my home phone (858) 587-9147

WHERE: MIssion Bay Park
Time: 10am till ??
Date: June 26 - Saturday

5 fwy SOUTH, exit at CLAREMONT DR / EAST MISSION BAY stay in LEFT lane), at STOP SING make a LEFT, almost immediately make a RIGHT into DE ANZA COVE (mission bay dr.), at the first DRIVEWAY make a LEFT into the parking area. Vier to the left and look for the VX's.

We are just north/east of the Basketball courts / playground. Look for a grouping a small 10ft Palm trees.

For those who want to enjoy the bay via watersports. CP Watersports on the Mission Bay is located just south of where we will be at. If you would like to get prices on Sailboats,Ski Boats, Wave Runners, Hobie Cat, Kayaks, sailboards, bicycles or rollerblade rentals here is thier phone number 619.275.8945

azskyrider
06/28/2004, 06:11 PM
Where's the PICS!!:naughty: :smack: :rotate:

ron
06/29/2004, 09:10 AM
Got pix. But just got home from the 12 hr. drive late last night with alot of baby stops along the way. Haven't got a chance to download them on my laptop yet. But, plan to later tonight.

Anyway, the meet was cool! The turn out to be about 8-9 VXs on the grounds, not to mention a a drive-by by a another Astral that saw us but kept on going? Though the group was small, it allowed us to get to know each other and their rides a bit more closer. Definitely enjoyed the conversations and stories with all and just hanging out!

It was a pleasure to meet new and old faces again. Andy and Debbie (Swordy/BumbleV-X), it was great seeing you two again. I had a lot of fun catching up and seeing some of your new mods and talking shop!

Gene (Rickshaw), good to see you too again and your Dragon VX looks emmaculate with only 7k miles on it! Hope you'll enjoy your plate!

Jeff (Sveltax), great meeting you and thanks for showing me the ins and outs of your awesome Axiom. Also, thanks again for letting us try out your engine cover with the VX. I think it looks alot better than our stock covers.

Kilna, good meeting you too and I hope you got enough pics to convince your other half to justify you getting more mods for your VX! ;)

Brent (Tiggergreen), good to see you again! Hope that you start on your new job soon! Godd luck with that! Was great to see the only blue VX in person too.

And Bobbie (Kahuna), thanks for getting all this together and organizing the meet from the get go. Definitely a pleasure to meet you as well. Hope you enjoy your plate too.

I hope I didn't leave anyone else out. Thanks to all who made it as it made the trip down south well worth it! Pics are soon to follow. :)

ron
07/02/2004, 12:38 AM
Ok, here's some candid pics taken during the meet. Mostly of the fellow owners of whom I'm still thankful to meet. Other shots were of Sabrina, our daughter having a good time.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=3088&papass=&thumb=1

Cyrk
07/02/2004, 06:16 AM
Ron your daughter is too cute!

Looks like you installed a black skid plate and black fangs, and some pill insets, looks nice, cannot wait to see and buy some of your new mods.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3088/37brina_and_vx.jpg

-Dave

rickshaw
07/03/2004, 11:54 PM
Thanks Kahuna, you did a great job organizing this event.
Here is some more Pics.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/556/236sd_vx_meet1.jpg
A group shot at Mission Bay

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/556/236sd_vx_meet2.jpg
Some good looking protons

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/556/236sd_vx_meet3.jpg
Swordy/BumbleV-X

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/556/236sd_vx_meet4.jpg
Swordy/BumbleV-X

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/556/236sd_vx_meet8.jpg
Ron's VX

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/236sd_vx_meet5.jpg