PDA

View Full Version : I need help...

tomcat837
05/19/2004, 07:16 AM
Ok fellow VXers, I am going to get new headlight covers but I need to know how to remove and install. I would also like to know how to remove the little lights right under the headlights, so that I can replace those with nice and bright fog lights.

Thank you in advance for your help guys.

Dallas4u
05/19/2004, 08:45 AM
Fog light info...

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1184

As for how to remove and install headlight "covers", I think you need to be a little more clear on this one. Are you talking about actual covers for the outside of the headlight assembly (GTS covers), or are you talking about removing and installing a new OEM headlight assembly?

tomcat837
05/19/2004, 08:58 AM
OEM headlight assembly...

MrCrowley
05/19/2004, 06:51 PM
You would probably do good to remove the front cladding assembly. Its about 8? screws- 2 underneath and 4 Torx ( the hexagon star bolt thingies that make the cladding look cool.) and the front license plate frame screws. You will be able to access the foglights and headlights pretty easy. Takes all of 5 minutes the first time you do it.

tomcat837
05/19/2004, 07:00 PM
Thank you. That's the easy part, how do I separate the cover from the rear headlight assembly, and then what should I use to put them back together. Are they glued on? Should I get a new rubber gasket as well? Is the gasket self stick or do I have to get some kind of special silicone?

Thanks again.